• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anyone got an Emira with zero issues?!

Poll: anyone got an Emira with no issues?

• Yes!

Votes: 41 48.2%
  • No!

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • I'm not sure if it's an issue yet

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Some minor that come and go, varies

Votes: 9 10.6%

• Total voters
I know it’s a little less Emira-related, but it shows that even gold-standard 911 GT3 can have serious mechanical issues. And I find it very good that Sam has published this video:

Was also thinking about posting this, generally speaking, all exotic sportscars are unreliable.

Ferraris tend to have horrible paint that can get blasted away by small gravel particles on track or pealed off with PPF. Porsches suffer from bore scoring and bad seals, McLarens have all sorts of problems from bubbling paint to bad electronics...

I'm fully expecting my Emira to have a lot of issues, that's the name of the game. It somehow seems a lot of people don't want to accept this to be the reality of exotic car ownership, but it is.

Last edited:
Was also thinking about posting this, generally speaking, all exotic sportscars are unreliable.

Ferraris tend to have horrible paint that can get blasted away by small gravel particles on track or pealed off with PPF. Porsches suffer from bore scoring and bad seals, McLarens have all sorts of problems from bubbling paint to bad electronics...

I'm fully expecting my Emira to have a lot of issues, that's the name of the game. It somehow seems a lot of people don't want to accept this to be the reality of exotic car ownership, but it is.
Having problems isn’t the problem. The problem is having them and not properly dealing with them while being completely silent about it

I read about owners having quality issues with their Emira. Whats concerns me more is there seems to be NO word from owners saying that their experience is trouble free.

Have a read of the journal threads. Some with issues but plenty without.

I was at a Lotus owners meet two weeks ago. Three Emira owners attending and all said they’d had 1000s of trouble free miles. They are all members on here.

2 months, 5500 miles across six countries, trouble free, no issues. Every expectation exceeded. FE V6 Auto, Touring

IMG_7818.jpeg

Yup, same here too. My one and only visit to the dealer since Feb was for the recall work and an early first service, both carried out with no hassle and a Mini courtesy car for the day.

I read about owners having quality issues with their Emira. Whats concerns me more is there seems to be NO word from owners saying that their experience is trouble free.

That’s because we live in the age of glorifying the victim. People get points for having a public whinge over minor inconveniences.

Meanwhile owners who have no issues (or who don’t carry on over nothing) are too busy enjoying their car to waste time complaining on the internet.

After spending the best part of 15 years on a Ferrari forum I can assure you that if I based my purchase and driving decisions on what a forum says I wouldn’t buy anything, ever.

And that would have been a big mistake.

That’s because we live in the age of glorifying the victim. People get points for having a public whinge over minor inconveniences.

Meanwhile owners who have no issues (or who don’t carry on over nothing) are too busy enjoying their car to waste time complaining on the internet.

After spending the best part of 15 years on a Ferrari forum I can assure you that if I based my purchase and driving decisions on what a forum says I wouldn’t buy anything, ever.

And that would have been a big mistake.
Well said Steve!