• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anyone got an Emira with zero issues?!

Poll: anyone got an Emira with no issues?

• Yes!

Votes: 41 48.2%
  • No!

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • I'm not sure if it's an issue yet

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Some minor that come and go, varies

Votes: 9 10.6%

• Total voters
Delayed posting this in case I was tempting fate, but nearly 1900 miles now including 800 this week and I am starting to have some faith in the robustness of the car. So far almost no issues. I say almost as it had the twisted seat belts on delivery, fixed myself with advice from @KJD . All Emiras I have seen seem to be the same so presumably Lotus intend to fit them that way for some daft reason :unsure: . I'll file that as an 'unwanted feature' rather than a bug :). One other niggle: it can occasionally be quite difficult to engage reverse, especially when the car is cold, so I think the gear linkage will probably need to be adjusted at some stage. No doubt I also have the wiper issue, but I haven't driven in heavy rain to find out so it doesn't bother me. Other than that, all good, and I absolutely love driving the car :cool:

Delayed posting this in case I was tempting fate, but nearly 1900 miles now including 800 this week and I am starting to have some faith in the robustness of the car. So far almost no issues. I say almost as it had the twisted seat belts on delivery, fixed myself with advice from @KJD . All Emiras I have seen seem to be the same so presumably Lotus intend to fit them that way for some daft reason :unsure: . I'll file that as an 'unwanted feature' rather than a bug :). One other niggle: it can occasionally be quite difficult to engage reverse, especially when the car is cold, so I think the gear linkage will probably need to be adjusted at some stage. No doubt I also have the wiper issue, but I haven't driven in heavy rain to find out so it doesn't bother me. Other than that, all good, and I absolutely love driving the car :cool:

Snap on sometimes difficulty to engage reverse. Scott mentioned this at factory pick up and it is easily resolved by pumping the clutch twice and going back and forwards between 3rd and 4th. Was disconcerting first time but now I am used to it, it doesn’t bother me.

My seatbelts have been fine from the off - next time I am in the car I’ll have a closer look and see how they are fitted.

So far the only issue my car has is the ubiquitous wiper speed issue. Touch wood 🤞!

I’d stay vary with the reverse - mine was like that at first and I was told „it’s the way the gearbox is“ from multiple people. Pumping shifting etc almost nothing helped except rolling a tiny bit.

Next up car was stuck in first and couldn’t get out 😂
Linkage had to be readjusted and now no more problems with reverse, although second feels a bit weird at times..

Don’t want to draw any conclusions here just want to let you know im case the same fate awaits you haha

I’d stay vary with the reverse - mine was like that at first and I was told „it’s the way the gearbox is“ from multiple people. Pumping shifting etc almost nothing helped except rolling a tiny bit.

Linkage had to be readjusted and now no more problems with reverse, although second feels a bit weird at times..

Don’t want to draw any conclusions here just want to let you know im case the same fate awaits you haha

Interesting! I have just been having a look at the workshop manual and it suggests that both seats and the entire centre console have to come out to adjust the gear linkage, which seems crazy. Do you know if they had to do that with your car?

I’ve got problems with my gearbox in the higher gears . If you’re doing motorway speeds and are in 6th changing down to 5th can be a struggle where it wants to go in to 3rd and over rev the car . Sometimes putting it in to 6th but it wants to go in to 4th .Done 500 miles so far still running it in and B&C say it should loosen up as I put on the miles.They did a fine adjustment on the gear linkages on Friday but that makes no difference.

1750 KMS done today. No issues at all.

Just tried the wiper in auto. Works ok but there wasn't enough rain to go faster. Didn't try putting it in Manual just in case 😂

6 weeks and 1500 miles in, the only issue I have is the well known wiper one and the driver side air vent rattles sometimes. Hard to get a sense of if there are above average issues for a new car or not since those with issues are more likely to post which might be skewing perceptions. Without the stats its impossible to know.

Not every Emira owner in on here, heck there's a Seneca, black pack and wheels, yellow caliper Emira parked up a few streets away from me - never met the owner, no idea if he's having a blast or a nightmare.

6 weeks and 1500 miles in, the only issue I have is the well known wiper one and the driver side air vent rattles sometimes. Hard to get a sense of if there are above average issues for a new car or not since those with issues are more likely to post which might be skewing perceptions. Without the stats its impossible to know.

Not every Emira owner in on here, heck there's a Seneca, black pack and wheels, yellow caliper Emira parked up a few streets away from me - never met the owner, no idea if he's having a blast or a nightmare.
Snap, 1700 miles now and been perfect. Hard to relate to others with all these issues

7500 miles, even the wipers speeded up the other day! Not been back to the dealer since the first month,

Picked my Seneca blue up at the Weekend and absolutely love it, only had it out for 100 miles so far but all faultless at the moment, few friends had a look and they all love it and said similar things "looks like a mini supercar", "Much more interesting and better looking than a Cayman/Boxster". "cracking value for money"....looking forward to getting out for a decent run at the weekend. (y)(y)

Picked my Seneca blue up at the Weekend and absolutely love it, only had it out for 100 miles so far but all faultless at the moment, few friends had a look and they all love it and said similar things "looks like a mini supercar", "Much more interesting and better looking than a Cayman/Boxster". "cracking value for money"....looking forward to getting out for a decent run at the weekend. (y)(y)
Congratulations! Feel free to start a thread in Owner Journals and share pictures and experiences.

Hi,
I'm new to the forum, my car is now at 630 miles, apart from a couple of minor bodywork issues, that are being dealt with, the car has been great with no faults. Initially had a problem with the tracker but this was replaced by Scorpion, within a couple of days.
Looking forward to a trip around Europe in a few weeks, which should be a better test.
Rob.

Hi,
I'm new to the forum, my car is now at 630 miles, apart from a couple of minor bodywork issues, that are being dealt with, the car has been great with no faults. Initially had a problem with the tracker but this was replaced by Scorpion, within a couple of days.
Looking forward to a trip around Europe in a few weeks, which should be a better test.
Rob.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your early experience with the car. Do post something in the Owners Journals sub-section here about your Europe trip when you get back. Enjoy your Emira adventures!

Picked up the car from the PPF installer on June 13.
Since then 3.800 kilometers of fun and zero problems.
The sound of the exhaust improves with the passage of kilometers.😍
7dfc4245-87bb-4fc4-803d-ffbaa7284d17.jpeg

I know it’s a little less Emira-related, but it shows that even gold-standard 911 GT3 can have serious mechanical issues. And I find it very good that Sam has published this video: