Anyone planning on driving their Emira through winter?

Blackthought_

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
And just like that I woke up this morning in NJ and it was a chilly 45 degrees which reminded me winter is right around the corner. Around this time I often contemplate do I tuck away my fun car for the summer or do I put on all season tires and drive it like it’s meant to be driven?? Life is too short to not drive for several months! For those of us living in cold temperatures, what are you planning on doing this winter!?

Getting the snow tires and rims sorted next Tuesday. I bought the snow tires already, just need to pick out the rims. I plan on driving it through the winter. I don’t commute to work, so not that big of a deal. But on those cold sunny days, I’d love to go for a drive!

I have the PA4 on spare wheels. I'll be mounting them when it's consistently below 46 as a high. Just not driving it in the snow

Last edited:
I'm not going to drive mine when there's snow and ice. I just don't want to risk damage, or getting stuck somewhere. I don't even want to drive it in rain. All the big pickups and SUV drivers drive way too fast here, and I'd be just driving in a waterfall of tire spray behind them. Not safe for me to see, and they wouldn't see me either. As long as the roads are dry, and it isn't actively snowing, even if there's snow on the ground I may take it out just to drive it around a bit, but otherwise it stays safe in the garage.

I live in NJ and any vehicle I care about is removed from the road when First Salt gets put down..
Past years they tend to put it down rather early when they just hear of light icing ..
And usually just a waste of money..Then I usually wait till March for first outing after we get rain.

I live in NJ and any vehicle I care about is removed from the road when First Salt gets put down..
Past years they tend to put it down rather early when they just hear of light icing ..
And usually just a waste of money..Then I usually wait till March for first outing after we get rain.
Texan here……if my car arrives on time, I’ll drive through what we call “winter”.

I too plan to drive in the winter, just not in snow. Curious, which tires did you go with @whupwhup? Alpin PA4 or the PS AS4? Or something else? What size wheels you planning on ?
245/35R20 front and 285/35R20 rear. Michelin Alpin winters

Didnt really focus on getting a narrower/talller tire (besides the rears) - like a few have said, not planning on driving in snow. Just cold clear days. The tires were off a ferrari FF that i got after 1 season for a deal, so I grabbed them. I’ll be getting the rims/tires sorted on Tuesday. Will post pics when its done.

I will start the car and let it run for a bit every week, but that will be in the garage. Not going onto the salted roads. The driving I want to do isn't really winter driving.

I’m actually shocked people are considering this in areas that spread salt.
In my area, they'll spread some chemicals before a snow. Car comes off road at that point. It'll normally rain shortly afterwards and wash the chemicals off. Car goes back out for fun!

We are right in that zone that can go weeks without a snow/chemicals so I don't want to miss out on a nice drive.

In my area, they'll spread some chemicals before a snow. Car comes off road at that point. It'll normally rain shortly afterwards and wash the chemicals off. Car goes back out for fun!

We are right in that zone that can go weeks without a snow/chemicals so I don't want to miss out on a nice drive.
Makes sense. I live not far from the largest salt mine in the world and they spread it like our economy depends on it.

I'm not going to drive mine when there's snow and ice. I just don't want to risk damage, or getting stuck somewhere. I don't even want to drive it in rain. All the big pickups and SUV drivers drive way too fast here, and I'd be just driving in a waterfall of tire spray behind them. Not safe for me to see, and they wouldn't see me either. As long as the roads are dry, and it isn't actively snowing, even if there's snow on the ground I may take it out just to drive it around a bit, but otherwise it stays safe in the garage.
My plan too 😀👍

Yep that’s exactly what I do. I don’t go out when snow is on the ground but after a nice rain the roads are clear. I usually am OK with ~30 degree weather but below that I try to stay in

Texan here. other than a few weeks of it being too cold for Cup2s (40F) I plan on driving my car year around

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back