• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anyone thinking twice about buying Emira?

yes of course...also the crap boot space.. important also in a lotus forum.... haha.

Im still awaiting my check out email..I have a feeling it will almost certainly come on Monday...wont it....
It's designed to fit 4 track day wheels and tyres in the back 😘

Anything with massive extended arches can't be ugly 🥰
Bloody right.
I captured this at the weekend on the M25. I had an Evo 2 in Giallo and miss it a lot. E P I C car.
Was a family car as I had two kids at that time.

20221113_114636.jpg

I would gladly swap the Emira for a MINT integrale with low mileage and a full restoration.

Bloody right.
I captured this at the weekend on the M25. I had an Evo 2 in Giallo and miss it a lot. E P I C car.
Was a family car as I had two kids at that time.

View attachment 10845

I would gladly swap the Emira for a MINT integrale with low mileage and a full restoration.
Looks stunning but I can't help thinking all if these hero's of my past would be a huge disappointment to drive, especially when you factor in the cost of them now.

All these people coming back from emira drives saying the 400bhp in a 1400kg car is barely adequate, try half that in a car that is less than 200kg lighter. I just think once the rose tinted glass's wear off you'd be like, 100k, for this!?

Last edited:
Looks stunning but I can't help thinking all if these hero's of my past would be a huge disappointment to drive, especially when you factor in the cost of them now.

All these people coming back from emira drives saying the 400bhp in a 1400kg car is barely adequate, try half that in a car that is less than 200kg lighter. I just think once the rose tinted glass's wear off you'd be like, 100k, for this!?
Yup. I finally got my hands on an Audi RS2 and my ownership was a heartbreaking disappointment. Incredibly cool car to look at, and loved by everyone who saw it, but unquestionably "of its age." Add to that, maintaining an old and rare Audi is a complete nightmare; Audi just doesn't support its older cars the way a brand like Porsche does.