• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anyone thinking twice about buying Emira?

If you care a lot about looks and image (as you do ha ha) then I can see why people literally overlook it.
The seat being too high is literally my only complaint (yet you do get better B road visibility!)
It's a tool. In the same way all the best Rally Cars are.
Love the fact its so good out of the box. I put some ppf on the rear arches and some mud flaps on mine and that's all it needs.
If you live somewhere with poor B roads, poor weather and want to to cover ground as fast as possible its probably unbeatable. So again perfect for me but understand it isn't for everyone.
When I first started driving rally cars, I sat too low, just like in a road car. After watching the professionals on the RAC I realised what could improve performance without spending lots of money, raise the seat so that I could properly see the 30 to 50 yards ahead that I would focus on. The navigator still sat low but only needed to see over the dashboard. Brakes and handling came next. Engine power was always last but cost the most.

Last edited:
When I first started driving rally cars, I sat too low, just like in a road car. After watching the professionals on the RAC I realised what could improve performance without spending lots of money, raise the seat so that I could properly see the 50 yards ahead that I would focus on. The navigator still sat low but only needed to see over the dashboard. Brakes and handling came next. Engine power was always last but cost the most.
100%.
Everything about it has been thought out and implemented purely to make it as good a rally car as possible.
I forgot to mention how epic the brakes are on the Yaris.
Bigger than the brakes on the Supra and not much smaller than the Emira.
356mm fronts compared to 370mm

Yes me I'm out.
After my test drive last week I've asked for my deposit back, got an email yesterday to say my request is being processed and will be with me SOON!!!!!!!

Build quality seat position and dealer model.
They are also key for me having not driven it yet.
I also found just sitting in it that it wasn't as driver focused as I would like. Seats were a part of that. But the move to haptic controls, digital dash and hidden menu controls instead of normal buttons is also a big factor. Then little stuff like cup holders being too prominent and in the way of gear shift etc
The Evora felt brilliant in comparison ironically. I think with Android Auto on the Alpine unit it would be pretty much perfect.

Last edited:
Some of the infotainment wasn't working on the car door gaps were out, gearbox noise in low gear in low revs, the screens were dark and graphics basic. The seat position from start was too high for me 6.2 and 17 .5 stone original static car seats didn't work but I was told they went lower, then dealer demo turned up I went round just to sit in it and it seemed better, but when I went out on my test drive it seemed to not go as low.

Just for those mentioning the 'dark graphics' on the infotainment.

1) you can up the brightness
2) lots of detail when you zoom in on the map, or add the additional features / places in the menu
3)using android auto or apple carplay, then you get your phone's display anyway, so removes the lotus UI entirely.

i.e. it's not really an issue.

I'm very pleased to have just joined the GRY club. For a back road blast, it's a ridiculous weapon. It has so much go, compact, fairly practical etc. Unless the Elise S1 is going, happy not to have an Emira.

Attachments

• GR.jpg
    GR.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 53
Nope it's faster than all of the old guard as std.
I can say that having had a Evo 6 Tommi Makinen edition back in the day. In fact its pretty much the same speed over the 1/4 mile as that car.
HMMMM ..im saying nothing..but... this guy says it better.
the thing is, for most..most ordinary people shopping an emira.... i dont think a yaris really comes into it... we can talk about a golf R, which would pass a GR on any straight.... all good cars, but very different.

Anyway, we really are off topic... your fault...

HMMMM ..im saying nothing..but... this guy says it better.
the thing is, for most..most ordinary people shopping an emira.... i dont think a yaris really comes into it... we can talk about a golf R, which would pass a GR on any straight.... all good cars, but very different.

Anyway, we really are off topic... your fault...

Moot it's the non Circuit Pack car 😋 He does test that later against the Sti and says its better.
The big thing to mention (especially on a Lotus forum) is the weight.
The Yaris weighs 300kg less!

Moot it's the non Circuit Pack car 😋
Leonard and this is why even with the Alpine when you put your foot down you get an immediate response- you don’t get this feeling so much in the Emira but it has different strengths depends what gives you that excitement and buzz 🐝 think the Emira will probably be a grower once you have ownership

Moot it's the non Circuit Pack car 😋 He does test that later against the Sti and says its better.
yes of course...also the crap boot space.. important also in a lotus forum.... haha.

Im still awaiting my check out email..I have a feeling it will almost certainly come on Monday...wont it....