• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Canadian Emira preorders build, delivery dates, & updates thread

I thought I would start a thread just for us Canuck forum members so that we can also feel cool. 😎

This afternoon I received the following email from my local Calgary dealer. Overall, it's the same core message as the other Lotus emails that have been doing the rounds lately, but it's nice to see this one was written in the dealership's own words, and includes special mention about demo cars and test drives, "hopefully before the snow flies". Also, in my opinion this email seems to be less mealy-mouthed overall than the one from Lotus, for whatever that's worth...

In any case, it's at least exciting to have the arrival of demo cars & test drives to look forward to this fall! Heck, even seeing an Emira in the flesh finally would be awesome, as I don't even think any Canadian dealers have been paid a visit from the Shadow Grey prototype yet?

photo_2022-08-11_13-21-12.jpg

netsinah

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So, I received a call from my dealer over the weekend, offering me a FE, so long as it was a V6 Manual. April build June/July delivery.
When I went on the configurator, it came out at $131,869 (CAD).
I had always been told my build was likely early 2025, so I have planned and budgeted for that date, and I can't afford it right now. The fact that it has gone up by about $20k doesn't help lol.

My guy wouldn't tell me why they have allocations so early, but he did tell me that lots of people are passing on this allocation round.

So, if anyone wants one in Canada - they are currently being allocated.

I don't think the FE 2.0 went up by $20K...only $10K from the original FE 1.0 pricing and then whatever options you add (not many for the FE) and the *$#!! luxury tax and gst/hst. Having said that, people like you in BC are being hit harder, due to the special vehicle tax BC had in place, before the Feds imposed their luxury tax in addition to that.

My dealer still has a list of people who are interested and willing to purchase, so I'm surprised to hear you're being told a lot of people are bowing out. It may be "a sign of our economic times" when the first things to go are "the toys".

Good luck finding your Emira at some point down the road. Who knows, perhaps you'll score one for a reduced price when the EV's take over and gas goes up 10X in price and our economic woes get even more pronounced (lol).

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So, I received a call from my dealer over the weekend, offering me a FE, so long as it was a V6 Manual. April build June/July delivery.
I had always been told my build was likely early 2025, so I have planned and budgeted for that date, and I can't afford it right now. The fact that it has gone up by about $20k doesn't help lol.

My guy wouldn't tell me why they have allocations so early, but he did tell me that lots of people are passing on this allocation round.

You would think with a 2 year waitlist in Vancouver that getting a car in the first 6 months of delivery's starting would be impossible.

Anyone that is debating Base vs First Edition should really consider what spec they want. Depending on how you build your first edition it may represent excellent value or not a great deal of savings.

Example;

Hethel Yellow, silver callipers, black leather interior, silver wheels, tour suspension

vs

Seneca Blue, yellow/black/red callipers, Alcantara interior with yellow/red stitch, diamond cut wheels, sport suspension

We know that some paints will be a premium, as to which ones is a guess but Hethel Yellow is a flat paint so I figure will be less. Sport suspension requires the Driver's pack, so will be a cost option in base configurator. Base interior will be some type of fabric / leather (unknown) but everyone else charges extra for Alcantara, I assume Lotus won't be any different. Base wheel is different design and silver and coloured callipers are always an option IMO.

So depending what spec Emira you want, waiting might be a good option or an expensive one. Also no guarantee that all original F/E colors will stay in production. I have heard they are considering replacing them or some.

Last edited:

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Which Dealership?

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Still waiting for news about the first Emira to touch Canadian soil... 🤔

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So I had a little time after Santa arrived with the kids presents this morning lol.... I did a comparison for Canadian cars that compete against the Emira and the results are surprising. I did this back in 2021 and the results seem to be a bit different;

Competition and Pricing

Corvette C8 3LT - Almost Full options : 117,840 CAD
Emira F/E V2 - 129,900 CAD
Porsche Cayman GTS - Options close to Emira : 130,930 CAD (with less options, would be better value in Canada than US)
Porsche 911 Carrera T - 158,150 CAD (leather interior and Bose audio only options)
2021 Lotus Evora GT - 139,900 CAD (base price)

The C8 pricing surprised me and the Cayman a few years ago was slightly lower priced than Emira. Also, the US priced Evora GT started at $99,150 - So Emira V2 in US @ 105K USD is more expensive than the base Evora GT was. I think our Canadian market Emira's represent decent value against the competition at the moment. The Cayman at least in Canada, still represents the best value IMO. Emira way better tho, lol! Merry Christmas everyone!

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So I had a little time after Santa arrived with the kids presents this morning lol.... I did a comparison for Canadian cars that compete against the Emira and the results are surprising. I did this back in 2021 and the results seem to be a bit different;

Competition and Pricing

Corvette C8 3LT - Almost Full options : 117,840 CAD
Emira F/E V2 - 129,900 CAD
Porsche Cayman GTS - Options close to Emira : 130,930 CAD (with less options, would be better value in Canada than US)
Porsche 911 Carrera T - 158,150 CAD (leather interior and Bose audio only options)
2021 Lotus Evora GT - 139,900 CAD (base price)

The C8 pricing surprised me and the Cayman a few years ago was slightly lower priced than Emira. Also, the US priced Evora GT started at $99,150 - So Emira V2 in US @ 105K USD is more expensive than the base Evora GT was. I think our Canadian market Emira's represent decent value against the competition at the moment. The Cayman at least in Canada, still represents the best value IMO. Emira way better tho, lol! Merry Christmas everyone!
Does that USD Evora GT price comparison account for inflation?

Honestly the Emira has always seemed like a great value to me. I remember comparing it option-by-option to not even just the Cayman GTS, but the Cayman GT4 back in 2021 (the GT4 is the only possible competitor in my view), and it still came out on top:

1000008228.jpg

I remember a bunch of people disagreed with my findings in that thread but I can't be bothered to go back and figure out why. Haha

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Does that USD Evora GT price comparison account for inflation?

Honestly the Emira has always seemed like a great value to me. I remember comparing it option-by-option to not even just the Cayman GTS, but the Cayman GT4 back in 2021 (the GT4 is the only possible competitor in my view), and it still came out on top:

View attachment 34856

I remember a bunch of people disagreed with my findings in that thread but I can't be bothered to go back and figure out why. Haha
None of the numbers account for inflation - the 99K USD was the MSRP in 2020/21 for Evora. Mind you there was a ton of options including the carbon pack which was almost 10k I believe.

If the Emira proves to be more reliable in these later F/E builds then I think it will be good value. Time will tell. I have a certain level of confidence that a car with this much old tech in it shouldn’t be that difficult to sort out. Hopefully!

As for the GT4 comparison, while I agree from a unique standpoint it’s hard for me to compare the Emira vs Cayman. I find it more exotic and therefore place it above the GTS. But it is a mid-engined, European sports car with similar power and price. Just the fact we are priced 10k below the last Evora from 2020, albeit with slightly less performance but a substantially better looking car and interior is impressive. I am extra curious what they plan to do with the base car.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Have any Canadian FE's landed yet? USA has been getting them for a few weeks now.

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I emailed my Canadian dealer twice last month after vehicles had started arriving, asking for details, but all I got in return was a copy-pasted generic reply about supply chain delays, and thank you for your continued patience, yadda yadda...

maplesyrup

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
i touched base with my dealer and they got nothing to update us with, my sales is a very nice guy I doubt he's hiding much.

maplesyrup

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
After sharing with my sales peron these forum posts and the latest information, my sales person got in contact with their regional manager. After some emails, we received our VIN :) light at the end of the tunnel for us canadians

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
After sharing with my sales peron these forum posts and the latest information, my sales person got in contact with their regional manager. After some emails, we received our VIN :) light at the end of the tunnel for us canadians
Any indication if Canadian cars are in the US or being held in the UK?

Heckler264

Reaction score
I guess you are the person that push the sales. I also got my vin as well but no status on the car.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm glad to see the Canadian folks are getting their VINs. I'm in a CARB state in the US and no VINs yet. Sad!

JYEmira

Reaction score
I'm Vancouver FE 1.0 as well, did you have to contact the sales person to get the vin or they contacted you?