• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Coolest Color?

What do you think is the coolest color for this car?

• Total voters
Too subjective... One person could say that Nimbus grey is a horrid beige-like colour, but sure enough the next person along wil wax lyrical how it is absolutely the perfect colour for showing off the complex body shapes and how it changes in various lights.

Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to a lot of car colours.

I have my own personal favourites, also a few that I would never personally choose, but it has been said before, the Emira looks pretty awesome in any colour!

Voted Magma Red since that's my spec, but if Atlantis Blue had been available when I ordered I may have gone that way.

Generally speaking, Lotus has missed the mark with the color palette in my opinion. It's too reserved, with too many greys and dark colors, and when they do go brighter it tends to be ultra bold like Hethel Yellow or Seneca Blue.

There's a wonderful middle ground that they struck with rich medium tone metallic colors on the Elise, Exige, and Evora, and I don't know why they seem to have abandoned that. It's getting a little better with the addition of Atlantis Blue, but that together with Magma Red makes exactly TWO medium tone highly saturated colors in the entire range. Where's the green? Where's the purple? Where's the interesting orange? C'mon Lotus.

Voted Magma Red since that's my spec, but if Atlantis Blue had been available when I ordered I may have gone that way.

Generally speaking, Lotus has missed the mark with the color palette in my opinion. It's too reserved, with too many greys and dark colors, and when they do go brighter it tends to be ultra bold like Hethel Yellow or Seneca Blue.

There's a wonderful middle ground that they struck with rich medium tone metallic colors on the Elise, Exige, and Evora, and I don't know why they seem to have abandoned that. It's getting a little better with the addition of Atlantis Blue, but that together with Magma Red makes exactly TWO medium tone highly saturated colors in the entire range. Where's the green? Where's the purple? Where's the interesting orange? C'mon Lotus.
They know exactly what they are doing with the colours. PTS coming shortly - Porsche paved the way, Lotus took notes.

They know exactly what they are doing with the colours. PTS coming shortly - Porsche paved the way, Lotus took notes.
I'll believe it when I see it. These are the folks that can't figure out how to get steering wheels with a stripe on them.

White and silver attract the less amount of heat right 😂

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back