• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Creaking noise

No not yet. Waiting for the dealership to have a look at that video clip and get back to me.
I sent that to to my dealership but they say they going to check that when they are going to replace my seat. I hope someone can help us here maybe on the forum

Is this the noise people are hearing? Sounds like it's coming from passenger footwell. Was there a definite problem identified?
Same as mine! But much worse..... They are changing everything about the sterring system

Yes I have noticed it more when the car is warm.

Two dealers have now seen that video clip and both believe it is suspension related. They have said it can be fixed under warranty. Have also been told that the car is still safe to drive (though use your own judgement with your own car).

Keep us updated. My sounds exactly the same when car is warm after a drive.
Dealer has looked at the car this week.

They said the noise was being caused by two things:
  1. Steering rack bolts not torqued to the correct value (the steering rack was replaced some time ago).
  2. Undertray misalignment / creaking. They have placed an order for a new one, but they are on backorder so not expected anytime soon - they will contact me when it comes in so I can get it fitted.
Not seen the car yet but they say it is substantially better regarding the noise and safe to drive. Once I've had a go I'll add a further update.

Dealer has looked at the car this week.

They said the noise was being caused by two things:
  1. Steering rack bolts not torqued to the correct value (the steering rack was replaced some time ago).
  2. Undertray misalignment / creaking. They have placed an order for a new one, but they are on backorder so not expected anytime soon - they will contact me when it comes in so I can get it fitted.
Not seen the car yet but they say it is substantially better regarding the noise and safe to drive. Once I've had a go I'll add a further update.
Please, prove more details regarding the undertray misalignment when you have a chance!

I suspected the undertray with mine too. However, bizarrely, it seems to have completely gone away on its own. There were a couple places with speed bumps and then the odd camber into my drive that 100% caused it but it's quiet now. Perhaps the undertray "settled"?

I suspected the undertray with mine too. However, bizarrely, it seems to have completely gone away on its own. There were a couple places with speed bumps and then the odd camber into my drive that 100% caused it but it's quiet now. Perhaps the undertray "settled"?
I made the same experience, I had some creaking noise coming from suspension, at least I suppose it must have come from that area around the springs/damper or arb (Anti-Roll Bar). After some spirited driving it went away and never came back. Problem solved.

Suspension "break-in" done. So for erveryone else with issues, get out and drive properly. :ROFLMAO:

Got the car back today and it's no better than it was before in terms of the noise it's making when turning. I hope it's that undertray issue that can be resolved when the part is available :-(

Looks like we all have the same issue

Last edited:
bei mir war dieses Geräusch auch, nachdem mein Lotus Händler den vorderen Stossdämpfer auseinandergebaut und gereinigt hat. war das Geräusch weg.

Got the car back today and it's no better than it was before in terms of the noise it's making when turning. I hope it's that undertray issue that can be resolved when the part is available :-(
So what they are planing to do with it ?

Quick update: the dealer seemed to have finally received everything and changed all the parts, according to them the noise is completely gone! Tomorrow I'll go to grab the car, fingers crossed! 🤞

Quick update: the dealer seemed to have finally received everything and changed all the parts, according to them the noise is completely gone! Tomorrow I'll go to grab the car, fingers crossed! 🤞
What they have replaced ? What cause the creaking ?

What they have replaced ? What cause the creaking ?
Today I picked up the car, drove it for more than 300 km between highways, city streets and motorway and... everything seems to be resolved!

In the end they told me that it was some metal filings inside the circuit, for this they had to replace everything (power steering pump, steering box, pipes, tank, radiator, etc...).

Let's hope for the best

A big thank you to Lotus Bergamo!

Lotus Florence.... better to draw a veil over it, for them there was nothing, Lotus in general..... better not to comment, procedures too long to intervene and solve the problems, let's hope for the future

Today I picked up the car, drove it for more than 300 km between highways, city streets and motorway and... everything seems to be resolved!

In the end they told me that it was some metal filings inside the circuit, for this they had to replace everything (power steering pump, steering box, pipes, tank, radiator, etc...).

Let's hope for the best

A big thank you to Lotus Bergamo!

Lotus Florence.... better to draw a veil over it, for them there was nothing, Lotus in general..... better not to comment, procedures too long to intervene and solve the problems, let's hope for the future
Hard me to believe in my case the creaking noise is because of some metal fillings. Looks like something is exposing du to hot weather.

Super hot day / after hour of
Driving . Still got cracking noise from the suspension area
Hard me to believe in my case the creaking noise is because of some metal fillings. Looks like something is exposing du to hot weather.
From what I can hear from the video it seems exactly the same noise, I hope it's something smaller for you!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back