Custom MagSafe Wireless Charger

Gents check your PMs, trays are getting ready to ship!

IMG_4951.jpeg

Last edited:
Also a heads-up for anyone else not in this batch, I have 1 (potentially 2) kits left ready to go. Post here or send me a PM if you are interested.

Last edited:
Received and installed! Fits OEM and works great. Will see if my phone stays put during driving as it’s quite small. If needed I’ll add some kind of guides to hold it.

A few tips on installation.

1. It can be done in 20-30 min but took me over an hour just cause I’m slow.
2. Rubber gasket attaches at least 2 ways. It kind of fits into the metal and then the plastic tucks under it. Easiest way to get it off is to kind of get under the lip over the plastic and pull it toward you. Take your time when refitting to make sure it is seated all the way back and everything tucked in as it should be.
3. For me it was a 2.5mm Allen wrench, not 3 as in the instructions.
4. Trim pieces come out pretty easily. This was my biggest worry because I hate pulling trim off but it was easy. The trim above the glovebox comes out really easy if you squeeze while you pull.

Have fun guys! And thanks @silent cilantro for a great kit!

Thanks for the feedback and the pointers, glad you are liking it! Yeah it will be ok, the built-in magnet should be strong enough to hold a bare phone or a magsafe case even through the alcantara. I've driven pretty spiritedly and the phone has remained in place.

I received mine as well. Haven't been able to install yet because the Emira is on the shop fixing a paint issue caused by the PPF installer. Will let you know when I have a chance to install the charger. Thanks!