Custom MagSafe Wireless Charger

All existing inventory is sold! I can start another batch if there is enough interest.

@Six Speed Stephen The kit is $285 shipped within the US. Check out the first post in this thread for more info and pictures! Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions! 🤙

1723125803088.png

FYI: the power supply box I installed using double-sided tape, came off today and was hanging down with its attached wiring. So the tape didn't work well, to hold it underneath the glove box area. I installed it about 3 weeks ago. Unsure if I used defective double-sided tape...thought I'd put it on carefully, knowing it had to hold. Will consider using 2 small screws to re-attach it...or at least adding the ever-useful duct tape along the edges. For anyone else installing this system, you might consider beefing-up how you attach the power supply box.

Thanks for the feedback! Yours was part of the batch I forgot to add double sided tape I believe. You can try using more tape in the middle of the box instead of or in addition to the side tabs.

It is also very important to clean the surface with alcohol before hand and to apply some pressure for 15-20s after installation. I use 3M VHB industrial double sided tape and it should have no problem holding that little box.

FYI: the power supply box I installed using double-sided tape, came off today and was hanging down with its attached wiring. So the tape didn't work well, to hold it underneath the glove box area. I installed it about 3 weeks ago. Unsure if I used defective double-sided tape...thought I'd put it on carefully, knowing it had to hold. Will consider using 2 small screws to re-attach it...or at least adding the ever-useful duct tape along the edges. For anyone else installing this system, you might consider beefing-up how you attach the power supply box.
I used 3M VHB for mine. You can get 1" tape so two passes perfectly covered the base of the power supply. It's used for holding body panels on so it should be okay for this.

I used 3M VHB for mine. You can get 1" tape so two passes perfectly covered the base of the power supply. It's used for holding body panels on so it should be okay for this.
Fortunately, I was able to reattach the power supply box w/o removing anything (ie. the glove box). It did involve some acrobatic-like moves I last did in my younger days, to reach up in a small space at an angle. Thanks for the additional directions: cleaning surfaces, pressure on the tape, and applying more tape, all of which I did. I’m confident it’ll stay put now.

Awesome, glad you got it sorted!

Added both of you guys. What kind of phones do you have? I'll start production once we have 5 people

1. @alxcrlsn
2. @LSemira

@Sandalwood you want in on this batch now that you have your car? 😜

A couple of updates:
  • Confirmed fitment with iPhone 16 and 16 Pro (have not tested Plus/Max models yet).

• Apple just released a faster 25W version of their MagSafe charger, future kits will include it.

• I will have an option to purchase just the upholstered tray with charger and a USB-C to A adapter for $210 shipped (Continental US). However please note your mileage will vary and you will not get the same charging speeds nor consistency that you would with the dedicated USB power supply.
If anybody has any questions please reach out!

Added both of you guys. What kind of phones do you have? I'll start production once we have 5 people

1. @alxcrlsn
2. @LSemira

@Sandalwood you want in on this batch now that you have your car? 😜

A couple of updates:
  • Confirmed fitment with iPhone 16 and 16 Pro (have not tested Plus/Max models yet).

• Apple just released a faster 25W version of their MagSafe charger, future kits will include it.

• I will have an option to purchase just the upholstered tray with charger and a USB-C to A adapter for $210 shipped (Continental US). However please note your mileage will vary and you will not get the same charging speeds nor consistency that you would with the dedicated USB power supply.
If anybody has any questions please reach out!
You have a Pixel 8 Pro version, right? If so, yep, count me in.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back