• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

dead infotainment display

Anyone else have a dead infotainment display? it kept flickering with glitchy lines all across it then just died yesterday. I've locked and restarted the car several times over the past day and still it's dead. Wireless car play won't work unless I plug in my phone. It's completely dead non-responsive black screen nothing, no backup camera even and I've tried everything I can think of. Anything I can do or is it warranty time and probably wait for what 6 months for a new one?

Anyone else have a dead infotainment display? it kept flickering with glitchy lines all across it then just died yesterday. I've locked and restarted the car several times over the past day and still it's dead. Wireless car play won't work unless I plug in my phone. It's completely dead non-responsive black screen nothing, no backup camera even and I've tried everything I can think of. Anything I can do or is it warranty time and probably wait for what 6 months for a new one?
That issue has been reported by others . A software update was released.

In my case the Infotainment screen appeared completely dead - but actually seemed to be tied to the ambient light sensor turning off the back-light on the tablet (100% off). Going from Bright light into a dark underground garage, it suddenlty came on again with an audible relay sound, after being out for several hours. Did sound like a software glitch (of which there has been several).

On a similar bent has anyone had the radio simply refuse to tune in to any station - or even scan the stations (Analog). I have had this happen a few times particularly after playing other media types for a while. After a day or two without use of the car the radio suddenly tunes in again. Virtually impossible to replicate the steps to cause it so would be interested if others have seen something similar.

Had mine replaced 6 weeks ago. I'm the 2nd owner and it seems it was dead from the factory. Updates made no difference and it turned out the main wire for the screen and reversing camera had been trapped/cut in the dash when it was put in. The dealer was authorised to do a repair, splicing the wires, and all working as it should.

The screens are available pretty quickly, and a day to fit, the wait can be having it booked in due to the sheer number of recalls and problems. I had to wait 7 weeks from booking in to dropping it off with them.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back