• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Delivery Checklist

RyanGphoto

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hey everyone,

I know there is a thread with all the problems but was wondering if anyone had a checklist to go over before taking delivery of the Emira... I used to have one for any new car that you purchase but I lost it somewhere between new computer builds..

I know there are things to check for, including panel gaps, the gas cap, starting issues, etc, but does anyone have an actual checklist I can (when the time comes) walk into the dealership, before signing on the dotted line (there are no dots, so not sure where this phrase came from), and check off the list one item at a time?

Thanks for any info.. I am looking forward to the Emira and all the things that come along with it.

Ryan G

The first post of that thread you mention is as close to a checklist as I've seen here (and it gets updated whenever @TomE has a chance)

EDIT: But yeah, I get what you are asking for... I don't think I've ever walked around a car with a clipboard, but I can see why that would be a good idea if excitement might get the better of you and you just want to grab the keys and peel out! :D

Last edited:
The first post of that thread you mention is as close to a checklist as I've seen here (and it gets updated whenever @TomE has a chance)

EDIT: But yeah, I get what you are asking for... I don't think I've ever walked around a car with a clipboard, but I can see why that would be a good idea if excitement might get the better of you and you just want to grab the keys and peel out! :D

Yea.. The reason I bring this up... is because I just got burned by this exact thing... I was so excited for my Audi S5 cab that I just wrote the check only to find out that there was hood damage, scrapes on the back seats and missing back headrests...

I just wish there was something like you said, with a clipboard.. Panel gaps, fuel cap, starting issues, etc..