Emira....hold its value or even appreciate??

Just looking at the PCP estimates you’re looking at 50% depreciation over the term?
Aye; but that’s the Finance companies estimates. 2nd hand cars are currently valued at much higher than predicted, plus Lotus tends to keep their value in the market. I don’t think it would be an issue, providing the market is not flooded with Emiras. Plus desirable ICE such as the Emira cars will be classics, providing synthetic fuels do as promised!

Aye; but that’s the Finance companies estimates. 2nd hand cars are currently valued at much higher than predicted, plus Lotus tends to keep their value in the market. I don’t think it would be an issue, providing the market is not flooded with Emiras. Plus desirable ICE such as the Emira cars will be classics, providing synthetic fuels do as promised!
True - I guess they have little to work from. You’d hope most orders have been placed by genuine buyers rather than speculators. Let’s see how it plays out once cars start to be delivered over the next couple of years.

Finance is based on a guaranteed minimum future value and the finance firms will take a conservative view. At the end of last year the Emira was looking like 50-52% at three years for a finance GMFV, slightly below Porsche at typically 51-54%.

Actual value at 3 years should be more like 55%, maybe more if demand continues to exceed supply.

Just for fun I ran a (speculative) valuation through Parkers and here are the results.

_Emira - Used Prices (6 Feb 2022).jpg

Some info on how Parkers' estimating strategy works is explained here: https://www.conceptcarcredit.co.uk/truth-about-parkers-car-valuation/

For comparison, I did the same with my GR Yaris, which was in the first batch of cars to arrive in the UK in Oct 2020 but was held back by Toyota UK due to pandemic-induced delays, and I took delivery in December, and the prices were very close.

Both valuations assumed that the car had covered 10,000 miles and had no optional extras added.

I cannot vouch for the accuracy of any of the above, except the GR Yaris prices, but does bode well if found to be true.

Just for fun I ran a (speculative) valuation through Parkers and here are the results.

View attachment 2902

Some info on how Parkers' estimating strategy works is explained here: https://www.conceptcarcredit.co.uk/truth-about-parkers-car-valuation/

For comparison, I did the same with my GR Yaris, which was in the first batch of cars to arrive in the UK in Oct 2020 but was held back by Toyota UK due to pandemic-induced delays, and I took delivery in December, and the prices were very close.

Both valuations assumed that the car had covered 10,000 miles and had no optional extras added.

I cannot vouch for the accuracy of any of the above, except the GR Yaris prices, but does bode well if found to be true.
Interesting..... :rolleyes: once the cars come out, and if they get good write ups.... we will see what the market makes of those brought to make profit ;)

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back