• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira new recall or existing?

Lucaboy

Reaction score
Hi Emira lovers!! I have always been an admirer of Lotus cars and will receive my new pre-registered Emira tomorrow. On the eve of UK delivery, I have been made aware of a new Lotus recall on a carbon filter that could result in an engine management light and loss of 50% power. There is also some issues in relation to visible paintwork bubbles on the passenger door. The dealer has offered to resolve before delivery, but this will result in a further delay in receiving the car. There is lots of talk on this forum in regard to the paintwork issue, but does anyone have experience of issues on the carbon filter? Is my excitement of wanting to take delivery and experience the new Emira a little premature, or should I accept a delay that could take some time?