• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:
Well there is a couple surprises there. Matching a 718 GT4 time, although slower than Evora.... hmmmmm. Very interesting. First real track test with sport / cup 2's I've seen.

I think the Emira GT/Cup/Final V6 edition is going to be a real winner.

Oh to put this in perspective, the 718 GT4's time in the list shows an asterisk, meaning it was on a WET track! The 718 GT4 is as fast on a wet track as an Emira on dry track and on Cup2's. It makes me sad.

I get that it's not as sharp and is more isolating, but "most" of it has been filtered out? As in, the Emira is more than half as numb?
Yes great translation of what is in my brain....:)

Oh to put this in perspective, the 718 GT4's time in the list shows an asterisk, meaning it was on a WET track! The 718 GT4 is as fast on a wet track as an Emira on dry track and on Cup2's. It makes me sad.
yes- I was wondering how it was possible. Not a great showing for the Emira on track, and a little surprised with the cup 2's and sport suspension. Thought it would have done better, but alas this Lotus is not for the track.

Great info. I was wondering what the asterisk meant. I was surprised that it's faster than the GT4. I wouldn't expect the Emira FE to be competitive against that car. Maybe the GTS 4.0, and even that is iffy.

yes- I was wondering how it was possible. Not a great showing for the Emira on track, and a little surprised with the cup 2's and sport suspension. Thought it would have done better, but alas this Lotus is not for the track.
Maybe it’s possible because it costs almost twice as much (with options (compared to FE, not base price)) ?

So they basically do a sports car test and say that the Emira is not enough of a sports car and doesn’t feel like a real sports car and than make an Audi RS3 third place? 😂
I own the RS3 8Y, I like the car (added pic) but I would never rank it 3rd place (but I also don’t agree with most of the list, having owned some of those cars).

Attachments

• BB9F2C1C-941B-4541-8C44-6B1D2B0411D7.jpeg
    BB9F2C1C-941B-4541-8C44-6B1D2B0411D7.jpeg
    368.7 KB · Views: 63
I own the RS3 8Y, I like the car (added pic) but I would never rank it 3rd place (but I also don’t agree with most of the list, having owned some of those cars).
Another RS3 8Y owner here. I've recently completed the running in miles so only starting to feel out the performance so far. It's definitely an extremely capable (and practical) car but I'm quite surprised to see it mixing it with some of these big hitters! I must admit, I was expecting the Emira to be ticking more of my driver involvement boxes so this is an unexpected twist. By the time I have my test drive in Feb I should hopefully be more acquainted with the RS3 so it will make for an interesting comparison.

IMG_1552.jpeg

I have the RS3 engine in my Donkervoort JD70 and it is one of the best sports engines ever produced. Its mental! Prefer it myself by some length over the Ferrari V8 (having owned 458 simultaneously)! So I can see it takes a big leap advantage in terms of best drivers car over the Emira power line (I owned Exige V6).

Actually after reading the review of the RS3 - it is also not mind-blowing. Feedback Y8 is by far best RS3 version so far. But the rest of the car, pretty much also not so great. Only the GT4RS and Lambo they are thrilled about. The rest not so.

Another RS3 8Y owner here. I've recently completed the running in miles so only starting to feel out the performance so far. It's definitely an extremely capable (and practical) car but I'm quite surprised to see it mixing it with some of these big hitters! I must admit, I was expecting the Emira to be ticking more of my driver involvement boxes so this is an unexpected twist. By the time I have my test drive in Feb I should hopefully be more acquainted with the RS3 so it will make for an interesting comparison.

View attachment 20645
The RS3 is a fantastic daily, I’d rank it as high as the OG M2, with the M2 being more fun but the RS3 being more of a daily, you just need to pick by what ever you prefer.
Comparing to the emira if you take into account the practicality of course the RS3 is going to win as it’s faster, more practical, truly special engine, and more but I would never compare between them, totally different segment. Which stands by my idea that those kind of tests are kinda BS. The Emira would “win” for ME as those are MY preferences but on overall the RS3 would because it’s not a fair comparison.

EDIT: Ahh, @Citizen was quicker by a few minutes.

Seen Through Glass review / roadtrip video of the Emira. Very positive and in my opinion well deserved for the Emira.
Also a great video, the shots with the Insta360 look right out of a video game. Very spirited driving for the conditions. But I generally like his content as one of the more easy to watch Youtubers.

Some will say this is another payreview to Lotus 😅

Very engaging report by a delightful chap.
Great engine sounds. Lots to enjoy.
Thanks for sharing.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back