• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:
I think it was Thomas who said the Emira is better than ANY exotic car he has ever driven. Now that says a lot because those guys have driven many.

I'm hoping to drive a dealership test-drive Emira within the next couple of months. It will be an auto with touring suspension. Hopefully, I'll be able to round a curve with "rough" surfaces. The great suspension debate continues!

Such a shame we have to have a front number plate in the UK! TH hit all the hopes I had for the Emira, not about the numbers, but the experience. Can't wait to get delivery in a few weeks.
Wait til you see how brutal usa fronts look
drMWA2L.jpg

Interesting to see James from TH only placed a deposit 1 year ago in Canada but he got a build slot and placed his 2nd deposit down. I guess it pays to be a social media influencer. Otherwise, great review.
I'm pretty sure he had a deposit in from the very beginning, and the banter about the company credit card is probably just banter. Makes for good entertainment.

I'm pretty sure he had a deposit in from the very beginning, and the banter about the company credit card is probably just banter. Makes for good entertainment.
In the video he said he put a deposit a year ago.. his words not mines.

Do you really think that if he put $10,000 in charges on a company credit card a year prior that his business partner wouldn't have noticed? Let's use our heads here. Everything they are describing there is hyperbole and hand waving. Not a bit of it to be taken literally.

I’m not sure they take credit cards? I tried to put some of my balance on one and no go. It was so long ago I can’t remember how I did the deposit.

edited to say in the Uk. US is of course different model.

Do you really think that if he put $10,000 in charges on a company credit card a year prior that his business partner wouldn't have noticed? Let's use our heads here. Everything they are describing there is hyperbole and hand waving. Not a bit of it to be taken literally.
The 10k on the cc reference is obviously a joke. But the 10k deposit to lock the spec of the car is not. Did you even watch the video? Asking for a friend.

Yes but which deposit. Because if he's referencing the 2nd deposit, one year ago would have been very early. I'm at the tail end of the FE queue and I placed my 2nd deposit in May last year. So the front of the queue would have been March/April - 1 year.

I think it was Thomas who said the Emira is better than ANY exotic car he has ever driven. Now that says a lot because those guys have driven many.

I'm hoping to drive a dealership test-drive Emira within the next couple of months. It will be an auto with touring suspension. Hopefully, I'll be able to round a curve with "rough" surfaces. The great suspension debate continues!
My sales guy said today that he anticipates the dealer demos arriving June/July now. 🙁

Anyone else notice that throttle houses only real negative was storage space, yet they somehow completley ignore the space behind the seats. Which from Harry's review, does hold a substantial amount of stuff. Odd that it wasn't mentioned.

Great review that really captured much of my personal experience with ordering a car I'd never seen, driven, etc. I had many sleepless nights too.

But... is he keeping his deposit or not? The ending seemed like a mixed message to me.

The 10k on the cc reference is obviously a joke. But the 10k deposit to lock the spec of the car is not. Did you even watch the video? Asking for a friend.
I could ask you the same question, because he clearly said he placed an ORDER for one about a year ago, not a deposit.

I, similarly, placed my hard order in April of 2022. Which followed my initial deposit which was placed in early July of 2021. I suspect his was placed around the same time. These are car guys, they understand how the market works and what's required to get an early allocation. You have to jump in immediately when the deposit queue opens.

I personally don't know what you're mad about here. You really think that because some guy is on a YouTube channel in Canada, Lotus is going to just let him jump ahead of an entire year of deposits across an entire continent? Really?

Lotus already has so many deposits on this car that they may never be able to meet demand. They have no need to make special VIP ownership arrangements for YouTubers.

Brief Corvette vs Emira comparison

Mirrors my feelings driving the C8 back to back with Evora GT. Had no desire to get back in the vette, and have been lusting for that Evora ever since. I don’t see why to buy the vette in a world where the Evora / Emira exists. Unless what you want is a sharper Cadillac.

This makes two vids in a row from very popular/respected YouTubers with absolute raves about the car.

I rented a 2022 C8 for 24 hours, and yes, it's acceleration is impressive unless you compare it to the 570S McLaren. The C8's transmission is very fast-shifting, somewhat like the Porsche 911 4S. But I just cannot get past the back end. It looks as if it is tacked on as an afterthought. The Emira is far better. Lightness is also a big factor. Those who believe a Tesla Model 3 is a great track car have probably never driven an Evora or Emira. Lightness rules!

Last edited: