• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:
I rented a 2022 C8 for 24 hours, and yes, it's acceleration is impressive unless you compare it to the 570S McLaren. The C8's transmission is very fast-shifting, somewhat like the Porsche 911 4S. But I just cannot get bast the back end. It looks as if it is tacked on as an afterthought. The Emira is far better. Lightness is also a big factor. Those who believe a Tesla Model 3 is a great track car have probably never driven an Evora or Emira. Lightness rules!
Emira and Lightness in the same sentence, how far we’ve come here.

That car might be uglier than a Cayman even.

I will book a drive 😛
Ugly? I think it’s gorgeous
LhI1dzy.jpg

this too
fQjr26L.jpg

LhI1dzy.jpg

this too
fQjr26L.jpg
Cayman styling is pretty but not particularly evocative, emotional or sexy to my eyes. Old, classic in line with Porsche as a whole but looks too pedestrian to me.

C8 Z06 has an interesting side profile, appropriately aggressive front end, and a boat of a rear end that is American, unwieldy and functional but not pretty or sexy. Not my jam.

Emira makes my heart flutter. Both exterior and interior design genius. Resolved, emotional, sexy, modern Lotus. The Brits know how to make a sports car.

LhI1dzy.jpg

this too
fQjr26L.jpg
Problem with Porsches is they all look same and the same is a squashed beetle. I know it’s a trope but that’s all I can ever see. Thought about one simply for the drive but never considered them good looking. With reg corvette I think the C7 is much better looking due to the weird stretch at the back due the engine being there. Looks are subjective though so each to their own

I've driven my 997 as a daily since 2007 and it's a fine car. I agree that it doesn't stand out, but that's fine because I'm way more focused on how it feels to drive. Porsche definitely delivers on driving pleasure.

With that said, the Lotus steering on my test drives was absolutely incredible and like nothing I've ever felt. The way the wheel bounces around in your hands to this day has me shaking my head in disbelief.

Not only one of the best pieces of Lotus Emira media I've seen to date, but one of the best car reviews I've seen in years. This one hits different because of those stakes. It captures all of the worry, excitement, and toil of buying something like this. The review itself couldn't be more glowing. Since James (and Thomas) is/are probably on the board, thank you! Absolutely brilliant video.
Waiting 21 months for this review.

Just awesome!

It really is funny how two different reviewers can have literally polar opposite views on each aspect of the C8….appreciate we all have different tastes, but that doesn’t explain the gulf between Tiffs and J’s review.

I am really interested because I have a deposit on a C8 as a follow up to the Emira.

It really is funny how two different reviewers can have literally polar opposite views on each aspect of the C8….appreciate we all have different tastes, but that doesn’t explain the gulf between Tiffs and J’s review.

I am really interested because I have a deposit on a C8 as a follow up to the Emira.
I loved my c8 test drives. Two things make them super attractive to me, I never owned a high hp V8. As these engines become extinct, the c8 will be great fun in 20 years. The second thing is it’s a convertible. I also think it’s a great value with HTC 1LT z51 mag ($82k) Loaded with 3LT at 100k there’s many used cars I’d prefer

I watched the Throttle House review and I am happy they are happy with their purchase, BUT I do think those who have a vested interest in the car, ie Harry, Schmiieeee and now these guys, do tend to give better more positive reviews than those who are not buying the car, ie Evo and 80% of the others. Top gear have yet to do a proper all out review, but in the chat piece they did after the drive, Chris H was a bit more honest and not quite as positive if I recall.

So my take is simple..... their review is good and mostly accurate, but slightly tainted by the fact that they see what they want to see. I think they also would have seen some flaws, but did not mention them. I agree with most things they said, but I would have and have added various caveats.

Dont get me wrong, I still want this car, even though I'd like a higher red line. The same as I want a gym in a hotel I stay at whether I used it or not. I'd like a better sound and if others can do it, dont see why Lotus cant, but for me and for many, at least in the UK, Spain and France for example, there are just so many more reasons for buying a Porsche, that the Emira is going to struggle, and even still I WANT IT! Ive give up 2 chances to get it, as much as anything due to the financial elements, where the car is very overpriced in Spain and I also believe for what it is, its also over priced in the UK....gasp gasp ..yes, but the numbers back me up. 2 year waiting list and its now selling at virtually list price.

If I get a car, it will be later in the year and when it sells for at least 10-15k cheaper than my UK car that I sold. Then I will not only have a fantastic looking car that drives well (not amazingly, but very well), but I will also feel that I am at around 72,500 getting a relative bargain and I wont loose too much when I sell it, this to me at least is a factor and its a factor I take for granted if I buy a Spyder for example.

I will not say its a great car, I will not be as positive as some on here and some reviews, but it is a car I would like to own...

Well, that hood differentiates the car from any Ferrari or McLaren! Then again, I'll be happy if onlookers think I have a Ferrari or McLaren.

@TomE not sure if this Komotec review has been added yet...in German, but some nice shots of Emira driving around with a spoiler on it.
The German to English closed captions were a bit off, I'm sure but the driver definitely loves the steering feedback. That seems to be universal among testers.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back