• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:

Multiple instances of tsuchiya missing shifts...
Yeah. Interesting to see. Looks like it requires very dilberate shifts.
On a side note, I didn’t like the track video. Slow lead follow laps? Maybe there was good commentary but visually, it left a lot to be desired.

Yeah. Interesting to see. Looks like it requires very dilberate shifts.
On a side note, I didn’t like the track video. Slow lead follow laps? Maybe there was good commentary but visually, it left a lot to be desired.
I think it takes time to get used to, when I test drove the Emira it was unlike any japanese shifter I've ever used. Very notchy and gated vs very direct and silky on most japanese cars. Additionally there must have been some sort of restriction on how hard they could drive the Emira, maybe it had a limp mode ecu issue or something idk. They usually flog these cars on their course to get good feedback.

Very notchy
Not aimed at you but people say this a LOT and this is how I LIKE it to be!!

I want to feel that the gear stick actually moves in, around and through a specific part.
Makes it more of a challenge and rewarding. Might as well get DCT otherwise.

THIS is how it should have looked! :D
The ultimate in the beauty of notchiness.
download.jpg

Not aimed at you but people say this a LOT and this is how I LIKE it to be!!

I want to feel that the gear stick actually moves in, around and through a specific part.
Makes it more of a challenge and rewarding. Might as well get DCT otherwise.

THIS is how it should have looked! :D
The ultimate in the beauty of notchiness.
View attachment 24171

I can certainly learn to love it, it's very mechanical and I feel like it'll be rewarding from a qualia point of view -- but have to admit it isn't very forgiving. With how notchy the shifter is, I suspect it won't be that hard to create a gated plate to replace the Emira boot.

Great audio on this one, and a very solid 1k mi ownership review.

I watched this yesterday and I’m surprised you said great audio, that repetitive tick in the audio really got to me, had to stop the video.

I watched this yesterday and I’m surprised you said great audio, that repetitive tick in the audio really got to me, had to stop the video.
I was referring to the engine sounds.

I can certainly learn to love it, it's very mechanical and I feel like it'll be rewarding from a qualia point of view -- but have to admit it isn't very forgiving. With how notchy the shifter is, I suspect it won't be that hard to create a gated plate to replace the Emira boot.
I suspect GRP will make one. They did for Elise/Exige. Would be an early mod for me.

I suspect GRP will make one. They did for Elise/Exige. Would be an early mod for me.

Ooooh, I like that!

Jayemm review of the GT4 RS.. refers to the emira a couple of times.. ‘would I be having just as much fun in an emira as the 4RS on these roads, yes I would’ is more or less what he says… comments are towards end of video..

New review by Cinch...short but sweet...safe to say he likes it...

I missed the colour changing option from my spec! One moment it is red then yellow and then red again. The weather also changes from moment to moment from bone dry to pouring to dry again. This video would give a continuity editor sleeplesss nights! I think some of the footage was b-roll released by Lotus a while back, it looks familiar.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back