• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:
I missed the colour changing option from my spec! One moment it is red then yellow and then red again. The weather also changes from moment to moment from bone dry to pouring to dry again. This video would give a continuity editor sleeplesss nights! I think some of the footage was b-roll released by Lotus a while back, it looks familiar.
Chameleon Edition.

Jayemm review of the GT4 RS.. refers to the emira a couple of times.. ‘would I be having just as much fun in an emira as the 4RS on these roads, yes I would’ is more or less what he says… comments are towards end of video..
He even went so far as to say the Emira is the better bet!

Totally different cars and price range, but yeah, I'd be interested to hear @TRX250EX's take too.
an RS Porsche is far more hardcore than any current Emira. Really not comparable in their purpose or price point. I really would like to see another back to back Emira vs GTS vs C8 review, surely some American journalists can get this done.... Jason Cammisa, or Everyday driver? I think the smoking tire review will be a very good one, as canyon driving suits Emira, but more so that he loves his 718 Spyder and will give a very good comparison I think.

718 GT4RS is more comparable to a Exige Cup 430.

Just finished watching TST review. Matt is a huge Porsche fan and owner (as am I) and yet still a very positive review for all the same reasons I placed my order. Sadly, the wait is seeming EVEN longer now ;)

Just finished watching. What a stellar review! I'm glad they liked it.. Especially coming from a current Porsche owner. It sure sounds like Lotus achieved their goal of making a car as good (and better looking IMO) than a Cayman. As we know, they just need to continue to work on their dealer network and communication to customers. Other than that, they've got a winner that a lot of us are ready to take a chance on!

ok someone measure the volume of the cayman trunk and frunk and compare to Emira trunk and shelf once and for all because I’m a little tired of these reviews giving the Cayman the practicality vote based on the frunk. I have to believe that rear shelf is bigger than the Cayman’s frunk and yet nobody seems to mention it in that context. Unless the Cayman trunk is dramatically bigger than the Emira (it may be) that seems like an unfair gripe that keeps coming up.

Last edited:
ok someone measure the volume of the cayman trunk and frunk and compare to Emira trunk and shelf once and for all because I’m a little tired of these reviews giving the Cayman the practicality vote based on the frunk. I have to believe that rear shelf is bigger than the Cayman’s frunk and yet nobody seems to mention it in that context. Unless the Cayman trunk is dramatically bigger than the Emira (it may be) that seems like an unfair gripe that keeps coming up.

It's a bit easier to stick groceries in a frunk though. And isn't the Emira rear shelf only rated for ~40lbs or so? But I agree.. It's not a big deal at all.

It's a bit easier to stick groceries in a frunk though. And isn't the Emira rear shelf only rated for ~40lbs or so? But I agree.. It's not a big deal at all.

Maybe, but my Tesla had a frunk and I never used it, opting instead to toss whatever I was carrying in the back seat. Seems like the shelf would be similar in how natural it feels to toss stuff back there, rather than find the frunk button, walk around the front and get fingerprints all over the paint closing it.

I've been waiting for this one and watching now. Seems very positive so far, but Matt was wrong about the springs being the same for both Tour and Sport options. We know they are different rate Eibachs, same Bilsteins.
How did they get ahold of a US Emira?
Excellent video - very professional and articulate. Here are some of the takeaways:

They claim that the track and touring suspension components are exactly the same and only the alignment setups are different. That may not be true, according to what I've read in this forum. I'm sure I've read that the springs are different.

With the track version, the steering on the highway is "darty". Supposedly, the touring version will be better in this regard.

The Emira's "agility" is better than that of the C8 Corvette.

The suspension is perfectly tuned for every type of surface.

To one of the reviewers, the tach is blocked by the steering wheel.

Opening the trunk was tricky.

Sometimes the parking brake doesn't seem to release when moving from a stopped condition.

Side view mirrors are great.

Overall, the Emira is the best appointed Lotus in its history.
While both reviewers believe the Cayman is a better daily car (based upon its storage space), I have to wonder how many people have to bring two suitcases when commuting to work. :unsure:

Excellent video - very professional and articulate. Here are some of the takeaways:

They claim that the track and touring suspension components are exactly the same and only the alignment setups are different. That may not be true, according to what I've read in this forum. I'm sure I've read that the springs are different.

With the track version, the steering on the highway is "darty". Supposedly, the touring version will be better in this regard.

Sometimes the parking brake doesn't seem to release when moving from a stopped condition.

While both reviewers believe the Cayman is a better daily car (based upon its storage space), I have to wonder how many people have to bring two suitcases when commuting to work. :unsure:

It's a Euro spec. No US specs have been built yet. And you're correct, the sport spring rate is something like +5%. Matt got that part wrong.

two carry on cases fit easily on the back shelf of the Emira with a little room for a squidgy bag in between (someone posted a photo or two of this on another thread)...and that's before you use the trunk

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back