Emira V6 FE UK Build Slots

TomE

Please share your delivery date modeller with us it’s only a bit of fun 🤩 lol

Try mine first 10th July deposit told on phone 700th of the phone calls - the cancellations and i4 cars being removed I reckon I’m between 350 to 400 should = a 9 to 10 Delviery time from the start of April? Maybe towards then end of June ?
OK, for the delivery model can I crowd source some info from anyone who was told by Lotus UK where they are in the queue.

The key info I need is the date you placed your UK online 1st deposit (and rough time if it was during Goodwood 8-11 July) and what Lotus have told you about place in queue, eg first 500, 500-750. Important to know if this is deposit queue (most statements seem to have been this) or place in V6 FE queue.

I’ll only need a few data points for 8-11 July and some dates afterwards. If you copy this list and add to it:

TomE 27 Apr “first 150 deposits”
DJS 10 Jul “700th in deposits queue”

OK, for the delivery model can I crowd source some info from anyone who was told by Lotus UK where they are in the queue.

The key info I need is the date you placed your UK online 1st deposit (and rough time if it was during Goodwood 8-11 July) and what Lotus have told you about place in queue, eg first 500, 500-750. Important to know if this is deposit queue (most statements seem to have been this) or place in V6 FE queue.

I’ll only need a few data points for 8-11 July and some dates afterwards. If you copy this list and add to it:

TomE 27 Apr “first 150 deposits”
DJS 10 Jul “700th in deposits queue”
Hot off the press from lotus on configuration changes. Good thing as I want to change seats, callipers and possibly transmission after my IPS demo tomorrow at B&C.

Attachments

• 66880157-0AE0-47B6-83E6-CB546D9842B4.png
    66880157-0AE0-47B6-83E6-CB546D9842B4.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 227
We usually stay at the Ramsey Park too. One of my cousins lives nearby. A great place for a driving holiday.

View attachment 959
Got pulled in the Evora for having no front plate. Had to get the coppers to go through their toolkits to see if they had screwdriver so I could put the plate bracket back on lol

06C50679-5478-4A3B-8157-C7FD764A3BD1.jpeg

Last edited:
Hot off the press from lotus on configuration changes. Good thing as I want to change seats, callipers and possibly transmission after my IPS demo tomorrow at B&C.
so how did you find the Auto on the V6 Rich ?

My deposit was the morning of the 7th July. I am hoping for delivery by July next year and anything earlier than that is a bonus. Several major manufacturers seem to be struggling with supply chain issues at the moment. No idea if this will affect Lotus with the might of Geely behind them, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the timescales slip a bit.
Yup same. I was 8.32am am I getting mine a few hours before you??? 😂 My birthday 5th July so won't complain if it coincides!

Up for that. Organiser of trip we do lives on IOM and we stay at Ramsey Park Hotel, which is handy for early morning runs over mountain. Done it in Exige 380, Evora 400 and AMG GT roadster. Great roads

View attachment 958
I see you owned an Elan+2. I wonder if you would share your experience with the car. I’ve been looking at one and thinking about pulling the trigger, but could use some education on the problem areas and things to look for. If you’re willing….or anyone else for that matter.

Went to the road show at Hethel last night and was really impressed with the whole setup there. All the Lotus people from top to bottom are so into the business and the car it really gives you confidence for the future of the company. They also made you feel very much part of the buying process. It's a no brainer for me to buy!
I was also told by Matt the MD that they expected production to proceed as planned. Scott indicated that from my deposit date of 8th July it looks like I might expect delivery sometime in May which is very encouraging!! :)
All in all it has started to make the purchase a very real and inclusive process. Hat's off to Lotus they have and are doing a great job, can't wait to drive it!!

Went to the road show at Hethel last night and was really impressed with the whole setup there. All the Lotus people from top to bottom are so into the business and the car it really gives you confidence for the future of the company. They also made you feel very much part of the buying process. It's a no brainer for me to buy!
I was also told by Matt the MD that they expected production to proceed as planned. Scott indicated that from my deposit date of 8th July it looks like I might expect delivery sometime in May which is very encouraging!! :)
All in all it has started to make the purchase a very real and inclusive process. Hat's off to Lotus they have and are doing a great job, can't wait to drive it!!
Nice Info. I made my deposit on the 8th aswell. I wonder when Cars will be shipped to other countries in Europe.

Great to hear our feedback. This is the feeling I've been picking up form the Lotus folks over the last year and particularly at and since Goodwood.

Interesting Scott was suggesting May delivery for you. Did he give any info on first deliveries therefore starting sometime in April? Your 8 July deposit suggests you're around #500-1000 in the original deposits queue and so #250-500 in build queue. They've said 90-100 UK cars per month initially, so by my reckoning that would put you 2-3 months into production at the earliest. Any further info you have would help me calibrate my "delivery date model" :)

Nice Info. I made my deposit on the 8th aswell. I wonder when Cars will be shipped to other countries in Europe.
I believe non-UK cars will start to be delivered 1-2 months after the start of UK deliveries. Timing will depend on how your dealer is batching their orders and how Lotus batch the shipping. But a reasonable starting point for you with a similar deposit date would be June/July delivery based on what Yachtie was told by Lotus.

Great to hear our feedback. This is the feeling I've been picking up form the Lotus folks over the last year and particularly at and since Goodwood.

Interesting Scott was suggesting May delivery for you. Did he give any info on first deliveries therefore starting sometime in April? Your 8 July deposit suggests you're around #500-1000 in the original deposits queue and so #250-500 in build queue. They've said 90-100 UK cars per month initially, so by my reckoning that would put you 2-3 months into production at the earliest. Any further info you have would help me calibrate my "delivery date model" :)
Note from the T&C's for the configuration fee stage says first deliveries from 30th April onwards.
Screenshot_20211029-150224_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for sharing and I’m on the 1-3pm slot tomorrow.

Note from the T&C's for the configuration fee stage says first deliveries from 30th April onwards.
View attachment 1004
Yes, I'd seen that but they'd said privately at Goodwood they were aiming to start deliveries in April if they could. Obviously lots of things could impact on being able to do that and they are probably trying to give themselves some contingency.

That's why I was interested in what Scott had said about an 8 July deposit meaning a May delivery. I'd been told they took 500-600 deposits before Goodwood started on 8 July, so it doesn't quite stack up with the other info.

I'm sure they'll tell us more when they're ready. We're just all keen to hear something about individual delivery dates. Perhaps something for @richbrown to pin Matt Windle down about at the Hethel visit - a rough idea on how UK deposit date maps to likely delivery date for deposits pre Goodwood, during Goodwood and post Goodwood.

The sequence from memory was journalists from about feb/March dealer demo’s April time and first customer deliveries from late April, he seemed reasonably confident that it would be before early June as my wife piped up it would be in time for her birthday! I guess they still don’t really know as second deposit not required until 5th November and many are still to commit yet. I’m taking the plunge tonight!👍

Those that have paid the second deposit have the funds come out of your account yet? I paid mine a few weeks back but have noticed the funds are still in my account. I have a confirmation email from lotus so not sure if this will just come out on the 5th?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back