Emira V6 Getting Phased out in USA?

sharpie349

Reaction score
Ever since yesterday the Lotus Emira USA configurator has only been showing a single option, the I4 edition dual clutch automatic. Are others seeing the same? I hope this doesn’t mean the end of the V6 entirely.

Attachments

• IMG_1625.jpeg
    IMG_1625.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 58
Base edition configurator finally coming online?

Ever since yesterday the Lotus Emira USA configurator has only been showing a single option, the I4 edition dual clutch automatic. Are others seeing the same? I hope this doesn’t mean the end of the V6 entirely.
This topic is already in the USA Delivery thread. Seems to be the beginning of the base configuration.

It seems likely the v6 base will be available in the US: strong demand at the dealership from those who missed the FE window. However i don’t expect the base configurator to go live with al a cart pricing until all the v6 FE’s are sold.
Image if put a late deposit on a v6 FE and while waiting to take delivery you find out your spec is actually the cheapest base model (example: in Europe it appears to be white paint, black leather seats, silver wheels, black brake calipers). You would immediately cancel your FE order and configure the same car for cheaper as a base.

It seems likely the v6 base will be available in the US: strong demand at the dealership from those who missed the FE window. However i don’t expect the base configurator to go live with al a cart pricing until all the v6 FE’s are sold.
Image if put a late deposit on a v6 FE and while waiting to take delivery you find out your spec is actually the cheapest base model (example: in Europe it appears to be white paint, black leather seats, silver wheels, black brake calipers). You would immediately cancel your FE order and configure the same car for cheaper as a base.
Well - yes and no... some options on First Editions will be options on base that we did not have the option in choosing -

1. Alcantara Headliner
2. Forged V Spoke Wheels
3. KEF Audio
4. Open Mesh gear change
5. Seat Heating
7. Sport Pack ( track mode and option for sport suspension)

If you want those options they will in fact cost more. Some other options that are unknown - lower black pack? Seat Memory? 8 Way adjustable Seats?
- Also, there is a good chance that some First Edition Colors will be retired

However, if you do not care about the options listed above and are ok with a mist white Emira with base wheels and black leather interior and black callipers, then yes it will most likely be a cheaper option. It is my opinion that the base pricing will probably start around 100K USD for the V6, however I think they will be including more stuff as standard than originally anticipated i.e. leather interior in V6, memory seats and 12 way adjustable.. I think the V6 has maybe 1-2 years left at most and I fully expect Lotus to milk it as much as possible before the inevitable i4 S launches. The Only question I have is will they produce a base V6 while still making First Edition i4's? Perhaps the US market V6 will only return once all US i4 F/E's are completed.

I also noticed the i4 single option a few days ago and missed the FE ordering window. Fingers crossed they'll be adding the V6 Base soon. I feel like I'm in limbo land after putting down my deposit. I've thought about buying an orphan car a few times but don't want buyer remorse as I prefer to build my exact spec. It would be nice if Lotus gave us an estimate timeline on the base release date. From reading other threads it looks like some folks have been waiting over a year. As a small business owner, I've learned that communication with your clients is the key to success. Unfortunately Lotus hasn't learned that.

I also noticed the i4 single option a few days ago and missed the FE ordering window. Fingers crossed they'll be adding the V6 Base soon. I feel like I'm in limbo land after putting down my deposit. I've thought about buying an orphan car a few times but don't want buyer remorse as I prefer to build my exact spec. It would be nice if Lotus gave us an estimate timeline on the base release date. From reading other threads it looks like some folks have been waiting over a year. As a small business owner, I've learned that communication with your clients is the key to success. Unfortunately Lotus hasn't learned that.
To be specific, some people have been waiting for 3 years.

I’m in a similar boat, I have a deposit down on a V6 Auto but with the limited communication and rumblings of the V6 getting phased out due to emissions eventually, I started looking at orphaned manual cars. Not ideal for me though because I live in the city and it will be my daily. I have looked at some Porsche GTS 4.0’s as an alternative but it’s just not the same aha. I currently have a Supra that still has a lot of trade in value so I’m really hoping we hear some type of update in Q3.

To be specific, some people have been waiting for 3 years.
I feel bad for those folks, but was in similar situations. I've waited over a year for a Bronco First Edition and almost 2 years for a Raptor Bronco. My 23 and 24 Porsche 911's were each approximately a 9 month wait. Ford and Porsche kept us updated regularly and have a online tracking system. With Lotus's communication, it could be 2024, 2025 or even 2026 before receiving a ordered Emira. If my V6 Auto would take over a year to receive, I'd consider purchasing orphan V6 MT. A little updates goes a long way with buyers.

Last edited:
I went to look today and both options are back. The i4 and the v6 FE

However, if you do not care about the options listed above and are ok with a mist white Emira with base wheels and black leather interior and black callipers, then yes it will most likely be a cheaper option.
Actually, not all that far off from my preference.😆

Well - yes and no... some options on First Editions will be options on base that we did not have the option in choosing -

1. Alcantara Headliner
2. Forged V Spoke Wheels
3. KEF Audio
4. Open Mesh gear change
5. Seat Heating
7. Sport Pack ( track mode and option for sport suspension)

If you want those options they will in fact cost more. Some other options that are unknown - lower black pack? Seat Memory? 8 Way adjustable Seats?
- Also, there is a good chance that some First Edition Colors will be retired

However, if you do not care about the options listed above and are ok with a mist white Emira with base wheels and black leather interior and black callipers, then yes it will most likely be a cheaper option. It is my opinion that the base pricing will probably start around 100K USD for the V6, however I think they will be including more stuff as standard than originally anticipated i.e. leather interior in V6, memory seats and 12 way adjustable.. I think the V6 has maybe 1-2 years left at most and I fully expect Lotus to milk it as much as possible before the inevitable i4 S launches. The Only question I have is will they produce a base V6 while still making First Edition i4's? Perhaps the US market V6 will only return once all US i4 F/E's are completed.
You are very correct on how base vs FE works. Now as to some premium items such as leather interior filtering down to the base model has been observed in the Evora as a market region variation. The US never got the base-base that Europe and other parts of the world saw.

I would though hope that lighter seating is made a base, no one needs 12-way seats in a true sports car; however, i'm not naïve how the automotive industry works to save costs through standardization and may be that. 4-way seat is just an actual 12-way with a different switch.

The Cayman doesn't even include navigation or power folding mirrors in the base GTS specification. There are lots of ways to keep the base price down and keep the options list long and pricey. Painted calipers, ... We all now that Porsches are "a la carte" cars. I have an Aston and the options and pricing on that make Porsche look like amateurs. No telling were Lotus could end up.

Looks like the website is acting up again. The v6 1st edition option no longer has a price and is hidden depending on the color option you choose.

Looks like the website is acting up again. The v6 1st edition option no longer has a price and is hidden depending on the color option you choose.
Candian site for the first time has also removed V6 pricing... I expect Base V6 Emira pricing to go live soon... Most likely before August for the 2025 Model year change over in August.