• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Im surprised with only 100 or so cars going out so far in the UK that this many cars are for sale, that's around 10% being flipped I hoped this trend doesn't keep in 2023.

Im surprised with only 100 or so cars going out so far in the UK that this many cars are for sale, that's around 10% being flipped I hoped this trend doesn't keep in 2023.
It's probably a mix of flippers as well as people with a change of circumstances, who want to make a few quid to cover their 18 month wait for the car.

My guess is that most flippers will be out now as the 'overs' don't warrant the risk but I'm sure they'll still be a few depositors that no longer want the car who are willing to take a chance for a £5-10k profit. There are a few people on here that have openly said they don't want the car and are advertising them but I'm sure they'll pull the plug if they get any closer to list price.

And if they get to list price (or god forbid it, less), then I'm sure most people with a wait over 6 months will chomp up the ones for sale on the open market.

Could be the same one that was being sold by the private seller in Worcester - it looks the exact same spec
It was.. it was my car. Unfortunately the change in interest rates just before delivery and a change in personal financial circumstances meant that it would've been almost financial suicide to keep it. The silver lining for me is that I know I will 100% be back in an Emira in 2/3 years when I can afford it, I loved the car, literally everything about it.

Back to the advert however, to be honest with you, I'm a bit upset to see it for sale straight away as I wanted it to go to another enthusiast.. but it is what it is and that's how the world works. Being open and honest with you all, the car sold for 85k (I wasn't bothered about profit as never intended to flip) so I'm a bit confused as to why the car is up straight away for 90k at the dealer. Realistically, a car advertised at 90k can expect to sell for 87-88k IMO, so it seems like a fair bit of risk for little profit? (bar finance commissions)?

It was.. it was my car. Unfortunately the change in interest rates just before delivery and a change in personal financial circumstances meant that it would've been almost financial suicide to keep it. The silver lining for me is that I know I will 100% be back in an Emira in 2/3 years when I can afford it, I loved the car, literally everything about it.

Back to the advert however, to be honest with you, I'm a bit upset to see it for sale straight away as I wanted it to go to another enthusiast.. but it is what it is and that's how the world works. Being open and honest with you all, the car sold for 85k (I wasn't bothered about profit as never intended to flip) so I'm a bit confused as to why the car is up straight away for 90k at the dealer. Realistically, a car advertised at 90k can expect to sell for 87-88k IMO, so it seems like a fair bit of risk for little profit? (bar finance commissions)?
It's a shame you had to sell it due to your circumstances but at least you made a few quid for the hassle. 👍🏻

I guess if the dealer can sell it to someone for around £90k and sell finance on it and get a PX out of the deal then it may stack up for them but it sure seems like a fairly risky strategy!

Not me my friend let’s not start rumours or out cars will be taken off us too and I have been patiently waiting 18 months lol. Went to redline today and saw the Emira they had in (I didn’t go to see it by the way) although I’m told it’s an SOR
I was going to see that with a friend today but didn't bother as I'm in the Dales and the weather is a bit crap. How was it?

Top man for your honesty but honesty in the car industry rarely exists, look what’s happened. Anyway if you are definitely back in for the Emira in 2/3 years you better get your deposit in now 😉

There will be loads of used ones in 2-3 years time, at below list :)

I was going to see that with a friend today but didn't bother as I'm in the Dales and the weather is a bit crap. How was it?
I’ll be totally honest and this will shock a few of you no doubt but I saw it. Walked within 10 feet of it and carried on about my business. Of course it was nice but amongst all the exotic there (was parked next to a lovely crayon 718 GT4) it didn’t shine so to speak.

Went family bus shopping though so it wasn’t my main focus. If I’m further delayed from a build of August and delivery September then I’m going to struggle hanging in there as I don’t want if for the winter

After a silence regarding my car, didnt want some disgruntled forum member to contact Lotus about me selling it, I can now, perfectly on topic, post about it. The reasoning for the sale I will post in "Im Out", although Im not necessarily out, but here I will more or less stick to the advert and the sale. I wont mention the dealer as it doesnt matter at this point, but they were helpful without getting involved.
To clear up that side, there is nothing signed and nothing in the contract to stop the LOTUS dealers reselling the cars, its simply not true. However, LOTUS have asked them not to, for the moment... and "most" dealers follow their recommendation. However, JCpenny 600 dealer does not care too much about upsetting Lotus as they sell far more other cars and have several brands and dealerships, which pay them far more than Lotus do, so the power is with them and not with Lotus. It would potentially be more detrimental to lotus to take action against them than it would be to the dealer.
Moving on, I advertised my car before I received it and I used a Lotus registration plate that wasn't mine, as I didn't know what mine was. Fortunately I managed to sell it the exact same day that autotrader removed the add, wanting to see the V5, which I didn't and actually still dont have.
Now, I will freely admit that I was partially wrong when it came to values. I estimated a month or so ago that these cars would make between 5 and 15k overs for the first 5/10 cars and for whatever reason you want to choose between, high interest rates, some very average reviews, some initial faults, winter weather, decreases in car pricing in general, the cars are simply NOT selling on the second hand market! Not yellow, not blue, not black..sorry green... not almost nothing!

The yellow car that was sold on collecting cars, I would be pretty sure is the car still up for sale now and clearly it's proving tricky to shift and the dealer wont make the money they thought would, I would say they will at this point take an offer and lose money overall. Other car dealers and private sellers have already lowered their prices and IMO the Emira will at best fetch 6000 over the invoiced price. Whats more, IMO again, the car in a few months will not fetch anything over the sales price at all, and by May June, when there are 400 cars in the UK and between 25-40 for re-sale, I think the FE will be selling much closer to 70k than we would all expect!
Also by then there will be news, and maybe even reviews on the AMG, which may further push the FE V6 into a spiral which turns down....... Now If I am right, and according to me, I am always right, this all will push values lower and lower as there will be more and more people pulling out or putting them up for sale. The car really needs solid customers to take the car and hold on to it......! It doesn't need people sensibly waiting for base models or changing over the the i4, but you got to do what you got to do.

Moving on, I advertised my car initially for 95k, being the only 2023 car for sale at that time, but our friend above had his private car in worcester, close to "me" for sale cheaper than mine and he actually had it physically. Now as I could see his car was not selling and my car had zero interested parties, NOT a single person contacted me, I started to lower the price. I did not want to make the trip back to the UK to take it from the dealer, then take it to Spain and then try sell it from there, as that then gets very complicated for a UK car. So although I bemoaned others for lowering their prices too soon, in the end, for me at least and for the reality of the situation, I think there was no choice, otherwise the car would not have sold for months and if I am to buy the car in Spain, I need the money from the UK car.

So, after lowering the advertised price down several times and finally to about 86.5, I sold my car, it was collected today and pretty soon you will see a youtube video on it as the buyer has an extraordinary number of cars, 54 to be exact!! Also he has a youtube channel, as you would imagine. I sold it for about 6.5k over the invoice price, when you take tax refund into account, which I hope to get once I get the V5 through.... in a week or 3.
Running to the edge of the topic, and again assuming I am always right, which I surely cannot be, or can I, with values coming down from a hoped 15k overs to a realistic 5k overs already, and still NOT a big number of takers, and with more and MORE cars coming, (they are now doing about 5 - 6 deliveries a day according to the delivery company, hence strange people are being told their cars are delayed!) then for those who are not legacy types, I love lotus with all my heart, this is the last Ice car I will ever own, I will keep it until I have 2 hip replacements, I wont hear a bad word said about the car unless I say it, then common sense may tell you to cancel your order and buy one in the spring summer at about 5k under list price, and maybe quite a bit more.

Maybe you dont get the break callipers in pretty pink to match your wife's underwear or in silver to match @Leonard 14th edition Swatch watch, but you get the same car and you save between 3 and 8 thousand pounds, and when you then sell the car next year or in two years time, you will say, that EmiraSpain, apart from being a real arse, he saved me a fair few grand as you take an offer on your car for 50k at a lotus dealer against the electric one :)
So here end my current UK Emira sale ... Now I move on to the next Emira in Spain....to keep or not to keep, its bloody expensive!

I still don't see the Emira supply being that great and still don't see it losing money.

Given it is winter, and with the economic problems, we cannot use all of the current data to realistically foresee the next 6 months to a year.

The i4 will end up being the big volume seller. The V6 will remain special - forever.

If somebody wants to wait in the expectation that they will ever get one cheaper than it is now then good luck to them.

Even IF the car lost value, the smiles on my face through all of that would have made it all worthwhile anyway. That is what a great car is meant to do - lose value and bring joy.

I still don't see the Emira supply being that great and still don't see it losing money.

Given it is winter, and with the economic problems, we cannot use all of the current data to realistically foresee the next 6 months to a year.

The i4 will end up being the big volume seller. The V6 will remain special - forever.

If somebody wants to wait in the expectation that they will ever get one cheaper than it is now then good luck to them.

Even IF the car lost value, the smiles on my face through all of that would have made it all worthwhile anyway. That is what a great car is meant to do - lose value and bring joy.
I hope you are right, but again, 5 6 cars a day being delivered according to the delivery guys for foreseeable weeks to come and you can only assume they are / will increase production from feb / march onwards. Of course the main thing is to enjoy the car and the depreciation is something we have to get used to again on most cars, but I dont want to haha.
With the only manual being the V6, I dont know the split to i4 and V6 current orders...... I'd think it will in the end be more i4's, but not for the next 2 3 years. Special...... it would have been special, the FE, IF they limited the Uk production as they have in other markets, but I guess they still sell it today!

I hope you are right, but again, 5 6 cars a day being delivered according to the delivery guys for foreseeable weeks to come and you can only assume they are / will increase production from feb / march onwards. Of course the main thing is to enjoy the car and the depreciation is something we have to get used to again on most cars, but I dont want to haha.
With the only manual being the V6, I dont know the split to i4 and V6 current orders...... I'd think it will in the end be more i4's, but not for the next 2 3 years. Special...... it would have been special, the FE, IF they limited the Uk production as they have in other markets, but I guess they still sell it today!
I think the statement is buy the car to enjoy it and expect depreciation. I had for a minute considered selling my January delivery but after mulling everything over I knew the I4 better suited me and i didnt need/want the hassle to make a couple of k over asking price.
As you have indicated there are a large amount of economic factors now coming into effect which is reducing the demand for sports cars.

I think the statement is buy the car to enjoy it and expect depreciation. I had for a minute considered selling my January delivery but after mulling everything over I knew the I4 better suited me and i didnt need/want the hassle to make a couple of k over asking price.
As you have indicated there are a large amount of economic factors now coming into effect which is reducing the demand for sports cars.
Yes 100%, too many factors. I was always going to try to sell one of my UK or Spanish cars after Lotus "forced" me into ordering two due to 100% misinformation and I was always hoping to make some money on one or the other, not because I deserve it, or that I am a flipping flipper, but just as it was sensible to do so to decrease my loss upon selling the other car one day, hopefully NOT too soon.
I hope the i4 proves to be a better value for money car....... when/if they ever make it haha

A new blue one being offered on the Facebook Emira page today

Is anyone keeping the car !!!

A new blue one being offered on the Facebook Emira page today

Is anyone keeping the car !!!
Yes - i love mine. Caymans / 911s / M2s / M3s / Astons don't make me smile as much - the Emira is all fun... just ask Sam (Seen Though Glass) and Harry. I'm loving owning the Emira partly because of the car but also because of the heritage.

Ignore the flippers - Some are due to genuine changes in circumstances, some due to finance rates and some were always going to flipped... the rest of us are loving our cars!

IMG_0656 (1).jpeg

link it..lets see it... price etc
Can’t seem to find the post anymore, maybe they took it down

Someone was just saying they were taking delivery this month, blue car in the same spec as the show car. Due to change of circumstances they are willing to take offers. No indication of price given.