• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

I bet Scott Hardy wishes he never bid on that yellow one he’s steadily reducing it week on week, give it another week may be what he paid for it 🤨
Come on some one must give it a home must feel so unwanted

Can’t seem to find the post anymore, maybe they took it down

Someone was just saying they were taking delivery this month, blue car in the same spec as the show car. Due to change of circumstances they are willing to take offers. No indication of price given.
It's in a private group so you can't post a link to it. It's still up at the moment - Mark Nash in the FB group "Lotus Emira UK Owners, Meets and Drives". No indication on price. I've warned him about Lotus cancelling orders for some people who've posted online about intending to sell before they've got the car.

Where is Tom with the moderation when you need it? I bet he’s over on the McLaren site moderating instead now 😯
Sssh, don't tell everyone - I though my username over there of TomExLotus was enough of a disguise!

Why do you think we recruited two new mods on here? Plus with Leonard and emiraspain back, we needed more moderator bandwidth :)

After a silence regarding my car, didnt want some disgruntled forum member to contact Lotus about me selling it, I can now, perfectly on topic, post about it. The reasoning for the sale I will post in "Im Out", although Im not necessarily out, but here I will more or less stick to the advert and the sale. I wont mention the dealer as it doesnt matter at this point, but they were helpful without getting involved.
To clear up that side, there is nothing signed and nothing in the contract to stop the LOTUS dealers reselling the cars, its simply not true. However, LOTUS have asked them not to, for the moment... and "most" dealers follow their recommendation. However, JCpenny 600 dealer does not care too much about upsetting Lotus as they sell far more other cars and have several brands and dealerships, which pay them far more than Lotus do, so the power is with them and not with Lotus. It would potentially be more detrimental to lotus to take action against them than it would be to the dealer.
Moving on, I advertised my car before I received it and I used a Lotus registration plate that wasn't mine, as I didn't know what mine was. Fortunately I managed to sell it the exact same day that autotrader removed the add, wanting to see the V5, which I didn't and actually still dont have.
Now, I will freely admit that I was partially wrong when it came to values. I estimated a month or so ago that these cars would make between 5 and 15k overs for the first 5/10 cars and for whatever reason you want to choose between, high interest rates, some very average reviews, some initial faults, winter weather, decreases in car pricing in general, the cars are simply NOT selling on the second hand market! Not yellow, not blue, not black..sorry green... not almost nothing!

The yellow car that was sold on collecting cars, I would be pretty sure is the car still up for sale now and clearly it's proving tricky to shift and the dealer wont make the money they thought would, I would say they will at this point take an offer and lose money overall. Other car dealers and private sellers have already lowered their prices and IMO the Emira will at best fetch 6000 over the invoiced price. Whats more, IMO again, the car in a few months will not fetch anything over the sales price at all, and by May June, when there are 400 cars in the UK and between 25-40 for re-sale, I think the FE will be selling much closer to 70k than we would all expect!
Also by then there will be news, and maybe even reviews on the AMG, which may further push the FE V6 into a spiral which turns down....... Now If I am right, and according to me, I am always right, this all will push values lower and lower as there will be more and more people pulling out or putting them up for sale. The car really needs solid customers to take the car and hold on to it......! It doesn't need people sensibly waiting for base models or changing over the the i4, but you got to do what you got to do.

Moving on, I advertised my car initially for 95k, being the only 2023 car for sale at that time, but our friend above had his private car in worcester, close to "me" for sale cheaper than mine and he actually had it physically. Now as I could see his car was not selling and my car had zero interested parties, NOT a single person contacted me, I started to lower the price. I did not want to make the trip back to the UK to take it from the dealer, then take it to Spain and then try sell it from there, as that then gets very complicated for a UK car. So although I bemoaned others for lowering their prices too soon, in the end, for me at least and for the reality of the situation, I think there was no choice, otherwise the car would not have sold for months and if I am to buy the car in Spain, I need the money from the UK car.

So, after lowering the advertised price down several times and finally to about 86.5, I sold my car, it was collected today and pretty soon you will see a youtube video on it as the buyer has an extraordinary number of cars, 54 to be exact!! Also he has a youtube channel, as you would imagine. I sold it for about 6.5k over the invoice price, when you take tax refund into account, which I hope to get once I get the V5 through.... in a week or 3.
Running to the edge of the topic, and again assuming I am always right, which I surely cannot be, or can I, with values coming down from a hoped 15k overs to a realistic 5k overs already, and still NOT a big number of takers, and with more and MORE cars coming, (they are now doing about 5 - 6 deliveries a day according to the delivery company, hence strange people are being told their cars are delayed!) then for those who are not legacy types, I love lotus with all my heart, this is the last Ice car I will ever own, I will keep it until I have 2 hip replacements, I wont hear a bad word said about the car unless I say it, then common sense may tell you to cancel your order and buy one in the spring summer at about 5k under list price, and maybe quite a bit more.

Maybe you dont get the break callipers in pretty pink to match your wife's underwear or in silver to match @Leonard 14th edition Swatch watch, but you get the same car and you save between 3 and 8 thousand pounds, and when you then sell the car next year or in two years time, you will say, that EmiraSpain, apart from being a real arse, he saved me a fair few grand as you take an offer on your car for 50k at a lotus dealer against the electric one :)
So here end my current UK Emira sale ... Now I move on to the next Emira in Spain....to keep or not to keep, its bloody expensive!
So TLDR: please don't judge me for flipping my Emira?

Seriously, thanks for the insight on level of interest and pricing.

As I, you and several others have already posted, I think sales above £90k are unlikely despite cars advertised at 99/95/90. Actual sales are all below £90k already (from the 4 I know about), so expect advertised prices to weaken as more cars get delivered and people try to sell them. Dealers will want to take their cut too, so even if you go SOR I don't think you'll make much on top of list price after fees. Selling privately will be a bit more difficult.

It's in a private group so you can't post a link to it. It's still up at the moment - Mark Nash in the FB group "Lotus Emira UK Owners, Meets and Drives". No indication on price. I've warned him about Lotus cancelling orders for some people who've posted online about intending to sell before they've got the car.
Oh yes found it again, seen your warning to him

So TLDR: please don't judge me for flipping my Emira?

Seriously, thanks for the insight on level of interest and pricing.

As I, you and several others have already posted, I think sales above £90k are unlikely despite cars advertised at 99/95/90. Actual sales are all below £90k already (from the 4 I know about), so expect advertised prices to weaken as more cars get delivered and people try to sell them. Dealers will want to take their cut too, so even if you go SOR I don't think you'll make much on top of list price after fees. Selling privately will be a bit more difficult.
WEll, I actually did Lotus a favor, because now thanks to the new buyer, it will become famous on his youtube channel, with 90k subscribers. I wont charge Lotus for the favor, favour, and I 've almost kept the order books full myself, with my 2 emira's :)

WEll, I actually did Lotus a favor, because now thanks to the new buyer, it will become famous on his youtube channel, with 90k subscribers. I wont charge Lotus for the favor, favour, and I 've almost kept the order books full myself, with my 2 emira's :)
Jethro?? 🤫

So...can you dish who this YouTuber is??
i suppose so... its only good for him i guess
Mark McCann search you tube and you will find him.... has about 4 5 million in cars.... according to his own video, not sharing anything not public via himself>}| I figure @Leonard has about the same value in watches, but he doesnt like to brag..

Last edited:
well, once he has tried a few 0-60's himself, I think he may not partake in such a frivolous activity... ie he is going to lose a lot and wont want to be beaten by a haris gr
Defo not a 0-60 car, that's for sure! If he does take it on CarWow then it could be embarrassing TBF