Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Another Seneca Blue one just listed today at £94,950 with Tom Hartley:

Another Seneca Blue one just listed today at £94,950 with Tom Hartley:

So we've had about 90 (?) cars delivered in the UK. 12 or 13 currently for sale in the public domain and at least 3 already re-sold, plus who knows how many have changed hands out of the public eye....Wow!

I don't believe it will fetch 95k, why would it when other new Emiras in the same colour are cheaper.

Trying really hard to sit on my wallet until a nimbus grey or verdant green one reaches 80k...😬.
How long will I have to wait?

By the way, when I was selling my car, the Solihull dealer did let me know of a customer who wanted to buy it, BUT at list price....
I can also add, the other dealer I dealt with (thats what you do with dealers isnt it?), he came up with no one interested, not even for a grand over.....
This big list of people waiting to test drive the car, must have already paid their deposits, as I dont think there is a BIG list of people out there waiting to snap the cars up I'm afraid. I'd like to see one dealer with one actual customer waiting to buy a changed mind order for a little over the odds..... I think its all talk, a bit like me and a lot like @Leonard
Why is @Leonard my go to fall guy? I must change that to maybe @AudR8 ohhh not, shes out..... for good, so maybe @Lotustoronto, he's got a good sense of humour .... he must have to live in 9 months of winter each year!

3-4. Months is my bet.
yep, I 3rd that... about May June and you will be able to take your pick.... and maybe get a free cover thrown over..... (see what I did there... not thrown in, I mean its a cover, not a crook lock..... would a crook lock be worth it? I think Lotus are being a bunch of crooks.... harsh...)

By the way, when I was selling my car, the Solihull dealer did let me know of a customer who wanted to buy it, BUT at list price....
I can also add, the other dealer I dealt with (thats what you do with dealers isnt it?), he came up with no one interested, not even for a grand over.....
This big list of people waiting to test drive the car, must have already paid their deposits, as I dont think there is a BIG list of people out there waiting to snap the cars up I'm afraid. I'd like to see one dealer with one actual customer waiting to buy a changed mind order for a little over the odds..... I think its all talk, a bit like me and a lot like @Leonard
Why is @Leonard my go to fall guy? I must change that to maybe @AudR8 ohhh not, shes out..... for good, so maybe @Lotustoronto, he's got a good sense of humour .... he must have to live in 9 months of winter each year!
I’ll buy it for a lifetime of guest room in Spain for 6. My wife is super pretty, def spruce up the place

Speaking just for myself, I may not be all that interested if a new car came on the market with the exact spec I want. I think I want to wait for some of the early bugs to get figured out. After the folks have put together 500 cars or so, I would be a lot more confident of the cars made. By my calculations, I am towards the tail end of the 700 FE cars for north America. That means at least 1000 cars produced in front of mine. That makes me much more confident.

Perhaps other people behave similar misgivings about these early cars?

good try, but 1st one is already sold....
O snap. After son1 graduated from PSU he and his girl bummed around Europe for 3 months with backpacks. They said Portugal and Spain were most awesome.
me I’ve never been, pretty sure it’s just ok:)

Hey now, I live in south west Ontario not in Yukon!... there isn't even snow on the ground over here at them moment (although its been a rare mild winter).

The North American market is very very different than UK/EU. You guys get access to some pretty cool cars that we do not. Caterham, Morgan, Lotus Exige/Elise S3 all French brands etc... So a manual sports car is a lot easier to come by. Over here the options are limited. It's basically Cayman and now Emira.(in that price range) Since I have a spyder arriving this spring (thankfully!) the Emira will be a great addition in '24 or '25... or whenever they start building the base spec.

The Emira will be far more collectable and rare in our market. The demand will also be far higher than in the EU. The US does not have as stringent taxes on gas powered vehicles as in the EU and make the Emira a fair amount more accessible from a cost perspective. Add in the additional rare factor of not being able to purchase V6 Exige/Elise makes the Emira even more special.

With that said, it is not without it's downfall's, which have all been discussed at length. To be honest, I expect QC to get worse before it gets better. Upper management will have spent the first couple months trying to sort issues and train middle management to handle it from there. The upper engineers, designers etc. will be moving on to the next edition or type 135 and expect the ones below to sort out the issues. This "teething' process we call it will last a lot longer on a British assembly line than a Japanese one. No offence to the Brits. Anyway, I think we will see a VERY slow output, maybe 3K-4K cars in all of 2023. I also expect the waiting list to grow in the US this year and push the wait to 2025 by mid year. EU/UK not so much. You guys have more options of cars to buy and will have more market saturation. I expect UK Emira's will not hold it's value as well and see Exige V6 prices steadily increasing. It's a shame, but I think for every 1 happy Emira customer there are 4-5 disappointed ones and not necessarily with the car itself, but more the company and it's Ethos.

Ahh, but we all know you'll be going AWOL a week or 2 before the next one arrives 😂
If by AWOL you mean in Bali on a beach ironically 5 under an umbrella getting away from the sun, then yes. While I may not want the grapes peeled, I do expect the mango's done as that skin is quite tuff on the chewing front.
If by AWOL you mean running around on the european train network, looking for a small town where I can hide from the opposition (porsche gts) army, then no....
Im so witty on sunday mornings, its little wonder everyone hates me

Last edited:
Hey now, I live in south west Ontario not in Yukon!... there isn't even snow on the ground over here at them moment (although its been a rare mild winter).

The North American market is very very different than UK/EU. You guys get access to some pretty cool cars that we do not. Caterham, Morgan, Lotus Exige/Elise S3 all French brands etc... So a manual sports car is a lot easier to come by. Over here the options are limited. It's basically Cayman and now Emira.(in that price range) Since I have a spyder arriving this spring (thankfully!) the Emira will be a great addition in '24 or '25... or whenever they start building the base spec.

The Emira will be far more collectable and rare in our market. The demand will also be far higher than in the EU. The US does not have as stringent taxes on gas powered vehicles as in the EU and make the Emira a fair amount more accessible from a cost perspective. Add in the additional rare factor of not being able to purchase V6 Exige/Elise makes the Emira even more special.

With that said, it is not without it's downfall's, which have all been discussed at length. To be honest, I expect QC to get worse before it gets better. Upper management will have spent the first couple months trying to sort issues and train middle management to handle it from there. The upper engineers, designers etc. will be moving on to the next edition or type 135 and expect the ones below to sort out the issues. This "teething' process we call it will last a lot longer on a British assembly line than a Japanese one. No offence to the Brits. Anyway, I think we will see a VERY slow output, maybe 3K-4K cars in all of 2023. I also expect the waiting list to grow in the US this year and push the wait to 2025 by mid year. EU/UK not so much. You guys have more options of cars to buy and will have more market saturation. I expect UK Emira's will not hold it's value as well and see Exige V6 prices steadily increasing. It's a shame, but I think for every 1 happy Emira customer there are 4-5 disappointed ones and not necessarily with the car itself, but more the company and it's Ethos.
how dare you mention french sports cars on here.. ahha..
actually, there are surprisingly few french sports cars in reality and even less now thanks to their decapitating high registration tax on cars that contaminate.
Now I see its small wonder there are several UK car clubs all over france... what were they doing in the 60/70's.... having sex with beautiful slim (smoke a lot and eat coffee) women who's voices and accents are ...... music to my ears.

O snap. After son1 graduated from PSU he and his girl bummed around Europe for 3 months with backpacks. They said Portugal and Spain were most awesome.
me I’ve never been, pretty sure it’s just ok:)
as with life in general.... they are what you make of them...... so sure, they can be just ok.... or they can be.... the best experience of your life hah

My car....resold within an hour.... to a foolish dealer who did no research on current prices and will no doubt loose money on it, or hardly make any, unless his customers also do no research, which is quite possible. Fair play, make 4.25k *not 5 as he said, in a few hours and you cant complain, and whats more, he didn't have to listen to all the crap on here for a year either. haha

No sympathy needed as the dealer is a multi millionaire and didn't do his job, so you get your reward.

Cleary the buyer of my car was not impressed in the 1-2 hours he had it and Im sure he didnt care too much about the 4000 rev limit either
The Yellow car...also discussed a little..at theLotus dealers....

Last edited:
My car.... The Yellow car...
Lotus dealers.... Lotus.....

As a capitalist I applaud the hustle.... As a car guy I can only shake my head.

Kinda want to punch the guy in the face and yet give him a handshake for making a profit in an hour.

Good informed video however.