• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Yes, that could be the case, but I dont think it is the norm. (by the way I PM'd you and you've not answered, I dont bite... haha)
As our Canadian friend said, some dealers have a client list and some of these clients may not even bother to check how much the car is new RRP or how much it is on Autotrader for example, but I dont think this changes the actual overall value of the cars, these are just outliers IMO. The 2 private sale blue cars were sold for 5k over and the current private blue car is aiming for 6.5/7 but I am sure will accept 5k and its been a couple of weeks now which indicates this to be the true value and not 87k.
The Yellow (apparently the best resale colour someone said????) has now been for sale for what... 5 6 weeks at the dealer who bought it from private at again, 5k overs *so thats about 4 cars sold at 5k over at this point in time, confirmed by the actual seller himself, including myself and 2 others on here. The dealer with the yellow car clearly does not want to lose money and is holding out for his 5 6k, instead of admitting a mistake and moving it on. I personally think he wont get more than 2 or 3, if that.
JCT600 has had their car now for about 5 weeks too and still no sale< I believe they have already reduced the price once.... and thats a main lotus dealer...with finance available etc, so once again, the logic is that the car is simply not worth 93/92/90 and is only worth what people are paying and apart from the odd outlier, which you mention, that puts them at around 85k at the moment and thats for the first 5 shifted. The following 5 have not shifted at all and only when they sell can we judge how the residuals are up until now.
The real story, which interests everyone are the residuals in another 4 5 months. If the car is currently at 5k over, well logic dictates once they are not so rare and 10/20 have been resold and with another 30 odd on the market and with various owners with various needs to sell, well I've said it all before. I see a Summer of opportunities for those not in the queue to save themselves 5 6 k. Its the same for many makes of course, its just surprising when its a brand new car with supposedly xx,000 orders in place.
I think more people are realising its the emperor's New clothes. I don't think the base I4 looks value now against competition 18 months old. The interior may be the best Lotus has made but it isn't as good as the competition and you spend more time in the interior then looking at the car.
Someone said on another thread the rawness of the Emira was because of the road and wind noise and I'll fitting door seals compared to raw driving excitement, they were spot on.

I think more people are realising its the emperor's New clothes. I don't think the base I4 looks value now against competition 18 months old. The interior may be the best Lotus has made but it isn't as good as the competition and you spend more time in the interior then looking at the car.
Someone said on another thread the rawness of the Emira was because of the road and wind noise and I'll fitting door seals compared to raw driving excitement, they were spot on.
I felt the interior was almost equal to my 17 TT and didn’t feel wind noise in my fingers while holding the wheel and shifter. It felt Miata like alive to me.

be interested to see how you rate the F type vs the emira driving wise.... its heavier, but that engine leaves the emira standing if its at its 500+ rating. and the noise.
Personally I wasnt over in love with the Ftype interior 4 5 years ago..not bad at all.... but compared to porsches it wasnt amazing and info a bit delayie ... thats not a real work is it..but everyone says laggy and I like to be different.
the thing is the Emira's interior design with its floating ipad is so average for 80k, that even a 4 5 year old porsche or Jag probably will look better.
Anyway, let us know... I think the F type design is one of the best of the last 10 years!!! its only Jags rep and the weight of the car that held its sales back I guess.... but still looks so good from virtually every angle.. well done if you get one...I hope you get a crazy colour!

be interested to see how you rate the F type vs the emira driving wise.... its heavier, but that engine leaves the emira standing if its at its 500+ rating. and the noise.
Personally I wasnt over in love with the Ftype interior 4 5 years ago..not bad at all.... but compared to porsches it wasnt amazing and info a bit delayie ... thats not a real work is it..but everyone says laggy and I like to be different.
the thing is the Emira's interior design with its floating ipad is so average for 80k, that even a 4 5 year old porsche or Jag probably will look better.
Anyway, let us know... I think the F type design is one of the best of the last 10 years!!! its only Jags rep and the weight of the car that held its sales back I guess.... but still looks so good from virtually every angle.. well done if you get one...I hope you get a crazy colour!
F-type vs Emira??? C'mon, no one can seriously think the F-type is a better drive or look better. Maybe faster in a 0-60 run, but so is a Camaro.

Emira > F-type

F-type vs Emira??? C'mon, no one can seriously think the F-type is a better drive or look better. Maybe faster in a 0-60 run, but so is a Camaro.

Emira > F-type
The F type is an old design now, but it has stood the test of time better than any car I can think of...over those years, the rear end is one of the best and even the 911 headed in that direction copying it slightly as did the aston martin, a great bit of design from a great designer. It should not compete with a new emira..... but....

Im not saying its better or worse.... but the V8 is a way better engine....way better noise...... the interior is better on new models...
its heavy though and is a different type of car....it doesnt need to compete.
However, we will see in 5 6 years how the emira fairs when the new electric car designs are out including lotus's own, and see how it stands the test of time and if they ever get a reliable car out there with a good reputation..... this they have failed to do in 40 years..... Not sure jaguar have either haha

Really well done video, but thinking that he didn't buy the Emira with the thought of demonstrating how to make an easy profit for the sake of the content is abit naive in my opinion. Let's remember he walked in with a camera into the dealer to buy the car, keeping the camera in slightly hidden angle (so intending to document the process).

@emiraspain just want to let you know my Emira is crying while sitting in the shower after seeing that her sister has been abused for a tax avoidance instruction video on how to make more money instead of finding a like minded partner to have some fun with. 🤐😅

(Edit: didn't mean that last joke to come across offensive, I totally get your reasons for selling and would have done the same you did if I would have been in the same shoes.)

Last edited:
Really well done video, but thinking that he didn't buy the Emira with the thought of demonstrating how to make an easy profit for the sake of the content is abit naive in my opinion. Let's remember he walked in with a camera into the dealer to buy the car, keeping the camera in slightly hidden angle (so intending to document the process).

@emiraspain just want to let you know my Emira is crying while sitting in the shower after seeing that her sister has been abused for a tax avoidance instruction video on how to make more money instead of finding a like minded partner to have some fun with. 🤐😅
well at least she hasnt witnessed a death and had to go to the Aston to be resucitated hah

The F type is an old design now, but it has stood the test of time better than any car I can think of...over those years, the rear end is one of the best and even the 911 headed in that direction copying it slightly as did the aston martin, a great bit of design from a great designer. It should not compete with a new emira..... but....

Im not saying its better or worse.... but the V8 is a way better engine....way better noise...... the interior is better on new models...
its heavy though and is a different type of car....it doesnt need to compete.
However, we will see in 5 6 years how the emira fairs when the new electric car designs are out including lotus's own, and see how it stands the test of time and if they ever get a reliable car out there with a good reputation..... this they have failed to do in 40 years..... Not sure jaguar have either haha
if there was a dislike button I would have used it for your post.... F-type is just an OK looking car. It does not do anything better than it's competition..... At least the Emira looks better and handles better around corners.

Front engine, rear wheel drive 2 door GT cars.... F-type goes against M2/4, Supra, Nissan Z, BMW Z4, Lexus LC, Mercedes AMG GT/E-Class Coupe, Audi TTrs etc.

Probably take the Lexus LC500 - that interior is leagues better than an F-type and it's bulletproof. But in reality I wouldn't buy any of those cars unless I was daily driving a sports car.... and if I was, I would buy a 911.

if there was a dislike button I would have used it for your post.... F-type is just an OK looking car. It does not do anything better than it's competition..... At least the Emira looks better and handles better around corners.

Front engine, rear wheel drive 2 door GT cars.... F-type goes against M2/4, Supra, Nissan Z, BMW Z4, Lexus LC, Mercedes AMG GT/E-Class Coupe, Audi TTrs etc.

Probably take the Lexus LC500 - that interior is leagues better than an F-type and it's bulletproof. But in reality I wouldn't buy any of those cars unless I was daily driving a sports car.... and if I was, I would buy a 911.
Well let’s hope for Lotus sake they sell as many Emiras as jag has F types. Good looks is one thing, at least you’ll be on first name terms with the Lotus service manager.

You may be right, but there are others who know quite a bit and disagree with you and quite like the car.....
I totally disagree with you regarding the looks...as do Jeremy and many other reviewers..... I love it.

Well let’s hope for Lotus sake they sell as many Emiras as jag has F types. Good looks is one thing, at least you’ll be on first name terms with the Lotus service manager.
Well in North America since 2018 Jag has sold on average 2K F-type's per year, and that is with a very sizeable dealer network. Lot's of people here love their Range Rovers. Only 1K in 2022. F-type has been around sine 2013, I don't think Emira will be with us for 10 years - 2033? If Lotus could even deliver 1K into US/CAN this year would be a miracle in itself. :ROFLMAO: And yes, I will undoubtedly know the Lotus service manager well....:(

In all honesty if there isn't a big turnaround in QA at Hethel by end of 2023, I would cancel my order as well. I live to far away from a dealer to be bothered with an unreliable car. So far it's been mostly software issues, until it is something serious I am still in, any first year model year car is going to have some issues. (easy to say, as I am getting a year 2 car)

f-type is a bit ugly for me... the updated model even uglier. test drove one of them... it was that dull I even forget which model it was!!

You may be right, but there are others who know quite a bit and disagree with you and quite like the car.....
I totally disagree with you regarding the looks...as do Jeremy and many other reviewers..... I love it.

Fair enough - Jeremey also hates Porsches. Different cars for different people.

Yes, but you don't like the Yaris or the Alpine.....so you've clearly got no taste at all 😂

I drove my friend's F-Type S a few times when I had a GT4 and it underwhelmed me in every way possible.

My 2 issues with the f type (besides fat) is the coupe looks WAY better than the vert and this steering wheel. What is this, a Buick? So nasty
s90GX7r.jpg

The horn is f150 sized. Gives the impression of weight and fat
control group shown :
HagIqzN.jpg

Last edited:
Folks, can I remind you this is a thread about Emiras advertised for sale, not for debating alternative cars - there are other threads for that.

I’ll do some pruning and moving of previous posts over the weekend.