• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Blimey - @emiraspain seems to have as big an agenda to smash the prices down as I have to keep them up :D

Maybe somewhere in the middle is right and the Emira will change hands at slight overs for ALL of 2023 and perhaps beyond.

The fact that there are overs at all in THIS very strange market condition is actually positive.
Depends how you spin it.

There is no evidence to suggest we will suddenly get flooded with Emira supply. There are too many logistic issues still. Plus, if the base edition price pops up then the FE might look even better value.
I completely agree with Evotion , received my check out email last week , i plan to go ahead and buy car because i have waited so long that it just seems wrong to not take the opportunity that i am still exited about . i plan to use car and enjoy and hopefully not lose to much when one day i may have to sell .

Blimey - @emiraspain seems to have as big an agenda to smash the prices down as I have to keep them up :D

Maybe somewhere in the middle is right and the Emira will change hands at slight overs for ALL of 2023 and perhaps beyond.

The fact that there are overs at all in THIS very strange market condition is actually positive.
Depends how you spin it.

There is no evidence to suggest we will suddenly get flooded with Emira supply. There are too many logistic issues still. Plus, if the base edition price pops up then the FE might look even better value.
well sudden no, but based on 10 or so having been put up for sale from around 100 cars on the roads, empirical evidence would suggest 30 for sale by the summer.....
overs for the whole of 2023..... you are optimistic aren't you.... wow... haha.
Id bet my house against it.....
i pm'd you......... answer when you can....

well sudden no, but based on 10 or so having been put up for sale from around 100 cars on the roads, empirical evidence would suggest 30 for sale by the summer.....
He doesn't want to talk to you accept it and move on 😉🤣🤣🤣

The people that are considered "flippers" - that do this often, would have deposited early. Also, many of the Lotus faithful would have equally been early depositers. Especially the pre-reveal guys. Both have been disappointed by the Emira.

1. Journalists really were very neutral on the Emira. Some good, some bad. Maybe they should have launched the Base Spec and not the F/E. Bringing the Pricing BELOW the 718 GTS 4.0. Instead of slightly above. (zero option Porsche, mind you) This I believe would have avoided the GT4 review from EVO as the price gap would have been too large to justify. Being compared to a Porsche product that has been considered the benchmark for mid engine sports cars was never going to be easy. Also launching press cars that are not ready, full of faults, wrong seats etc. probably not a good idea.

2. Flippers are disappointed due to economic downturn. When they put down their deposits they did not think that the Economy would be where it is and it was no longer an easy turnover in profit. This resulted in some getting their cars, but my guess is most requested a refund to their deposit.

3. Lotus owners that expected Evora turned up to 11. We now know this is not the case. Yes it is far improved in terms of daily driving comfort, tech and looks. But not in the dynamics department. Which for them was probably the more important aspect. Resulting in more drop outs, or in your case a flip. Again, this is something that by introducing the Base model pricing instead of a fully loaded F/E may have helped.

4. The remaining early depositors are car guys/gals that wanted something different. If you look at the cars people are coming from, from the poll I started, you will see the vast majority are probably coming from vehicles where the Emira is a superior sports cars in terms of performance and looks.

5. Come 2024, you will no longer be able to order a 718 ICE, going electric for 2025 model year. 718 Spyder/GT4 production will stop this year / you currently can not order one anymore. GT4 RS / Spyder RS will be going until 2025, but good luck getting an allocation and the price will be double/triple an Emira. Lotus' biggest competitor will be gone within 24 months. So who will the car mag's compare new vs new against Emira once the 718 is retired? Emira will start to gain even more traction at this time.

So now that the Emira will be driving out and about, people will begin to see it in the flesh. It is still the best looking car in it's price range. Now with the base pricing arriving and the i4, you will begin to see more people who are considering a new car in 2024, an M2/4, 718 base/S etc. Start to strongly consider the Emira. Remember we put deposits down in 2021, expecting a car in 2022. There will be a whole new buyer pool of people in 2024+ and Lotus are in a better position to sell cars now that you can go to a dealer and test drive the Emira, see it in the flesh and the different colours. This will only increase the order book, not reduce it.

While I never thought the Emira was going to get big overs, mostly due to the Economic environment and the amount of early flippers, not the car itself. People will be more prudent with their money going forward. But there will be some that will not want to wait 24 months, especially over 5-10K. For the remainder of 2023 supply will be very tight and once the order book for i4 and V6 base open they will continue to receive more orders. This is not 2009 - Evora launch, It was priced at the 911. ICE cars were not an endangered species at the time. I fully expect the Emira to continue having a long waiting list and it will not suffer the same fate as the Evora did. Different times, it really is the End of an Era.

I’m planning to keep my Lotus for the long haul. While I recognize the importance of residuals, I’m into this car (and my Evora) as these are bulletproof drivetrains that are relatively cheap and easy to maintain. I’d be surprised if this car ever loses half of its value in 8 years, until then, these cars make me happy. I’ve an understanding wife who allows me to take my cars out for 2-3hrs every weekend and it’s part of my mental well-being.

The people that are considered "flippers" - that do this often, would have deposited early. Also, many of the Lotus faithful would have equally been early depositers. Especially the pre-reveal guys. Both have been disappointed by the Emira.

1. Journalists really were very neutral on the Emira. Some good, some bad. Maybe they should have launched the Base Spec and not the F/E. Bringing the Pricing BELOW the 718 GTS 4.0. Instead of slightly above. (zero option Porsche, mind you) This I believe would have avoided the GT4 review from EVO as the price gap would have been too large to justify. Being compared to a Porsche product that has been considered the benchmark for mid engine sports cars was never going to be easy. Also launching press cars that are not ready, full of faults, wrong seats etc. probably not a good idea.

2. Flippers are disappointed due to economic downturn. When they put down their deposits they did not think that the Economy would be where it is and it was no longer an easy turnover in profit. This resulted in some getting their cars, but my guess is most requested a refund to their deposit.

3. Lotus owners that expected Evora turned up to 11. We now know this is not the case. Yes it is far improved in terms of daily driving comfort, tech and looks. But not in the dynamics department. Which for them was probably the more important aspect. Resulting in more drop outs, or in your case a flip. Again, this is something that by introducing the Base model pricing instead of a fully loaded F/E may have helped.

4. The remaining early depositors are car guys/gals that wanted something different. If you look at the cars people are coming from, from the poll I started, you will see the vast majority are probably coming from vehicles where the Emira is a superior sports cars in terms of performance and looks.

5. Come 2024, you will no longer be able to order a 718 ICE, going electric for 2025 model year. 718 Spyder/GT4 production will stop this year / you currently can not order one anymore. GT4 RS / Spyder RS will be going until 2025, but good luck getting an allocation and the price will be double/triple an Emira. Lotus' biggest competitor will be gone within 24 months. So who will the car mag's compare new vs new against Emira once the 718 is retired? Emira will start to gain even more traction at this time.

So now that the Emira will be driving out and about, people will begin to see it in the flesh. It is still the best looking car in it's price range. Now with the base pricing arriving and the i4, you will begin to see more people who are considering a new car in 2024, an M2/4, 718 base/S etc. Start to strongly consider the Emira. Remember we put deposits down in 2021, expecting a car in 2022. There will be a whole new buyer pool of people in 2024+ and Lotus are in a better position to sell cars now that you can go to a dealer and test drive the Emira, see it in the flesh and the different colours. This will only increase the order book, not reduce it.

While I never thought the Emira was going to get big overs, mostly due to the Economic environment and the amount of early flippers, not the car itself. People will be more prudent with their money going forward. But there will be some that will not want to wait 24 months, especially over 5-10K. For the remainder of 2023 supply will be very tight and once the order book for i4 and V6 base open they will continue to receive more orders. This is not 2009 - Evora launch, It was priced at the 911. ICE cars were not an endangered species at the time. I fully expect the Emira to continue having a long waiting list and it will not suffer the same fate as the Evora did. Different times, it really is the End of an Era.
I agree with most, but not that the 718 becomes anonymous once they stop making ICE ones..... Firstly, as the second hand market of 718 gts or gt4's will still be there and still be the "better" car in jornalist's eyes and from a practicality point of view and also from a residuals point of view. Most porsches dont get used much, so to pick up one with 2 3 4 5 6 7000 miles on a 1 2 or even 3 year old car is NOT unusual, so competition is still ripe for the Emira. Also you are assuming that the current Emira customers and future Emira customers are not interested in Electric sports cars. Many on here may not be, as they are the die hards, petrol heads, *stuck in the sand like me, but I 100% am very interested to see Porches next 718 EV offering and hopefully Jaguars and of course Lotus's, although I think they will join the game later and the Emira will have an effect on their sales as if reliability is not 99%, it will hurt the sports EV released together with Alpine.
Then add to this that we on here are a small % of Emira's current market segment and I feel many will embrace sports EV's as they wont be interested in attracting legacy customers at all..... Point being, I dont see it that clear that the Emira suddenly has a free run at sports car sales. The used ICE porsche and the new EV will be competitors in my mind and in my wallet!
Also, you are indicating that in 2 years there will be a whole new batch of Emira purchasers appearing, from where exactly? Thats like saying the current population that dont work, but that will work in 2 years, compared to the whole current population that do work, amounts to a huge % of the latter, but it doesn't.
I believe Lotus have attracted just about as many as they can to the FE. Sure some will cancel and get the cheaper Base or have waited for it from the start, but when they see the base price finally being 65k and the options soon putting it towards 75k, I think many will back off, not helped by finance rates to boot. When they also see residuals for ALL cars dropping like the glasses the first night I did glass collecting at a strip club in Birmingham, then they will again think twice about the layout. I dont meant o be argumentative (for a change) but I dont see a big 2nd wave of customers coming, quite the contrary. I see a fair % cancelling, which we have witnessed, I see a fair % selling on, which we have witnessed and I see the current UK order books of what? 3000 cars??? Ive no idea, but I dont see it doubling in 2 years, I see it settling down at maybe 1-1500 cars per year in the UK, once they clear the backlog of course (2 more years)!
These are not bad numbers, especially when you add the rest of the world, where Lotus have NEVER sold in large numbers. If they get 3500-5000 cars a year out, they will be happy I think and I think that they should concentrate on making those cars as well built as possible and then a few special editions, in limited numbers to help keep interest and residuals up.
Its interesting to talk about it, share opinions... etc, BUT I think we need to start recording such things to see who is right and who is wrong. I cant think of anything better than saying in 2 years to my friend in Torronto, when he is 4 inches under water, you see, I told you the spyder was the best bet as the average emira FE price is lower than a hot wheels kids toy (just kidding... I dont want to see them fall...I just feel they will)

I agree with most, but not that the 718 becomes anonymous once they stop making ICE ones..... Firstly, as the second hand market of 718 gts or gt4's will still be there and still be the "better" car in jornalist's eyes and from a practicality point of view and also from a residuals point of view. Most porsches dont get used much, so to pick up one with 2 3 4 5 6 7000 miles on a 1 2 or even 3 year old car is NOT unusual, so competition is still ripe for the Emira. Also you are assuming that the current Emira customers and future Emira customers are not interested in Electric sports cars. Many on here may not be, as they are the die hards, petrol heads, *stuck in the sand like me, but I 100% am very interested to see Porches next 718 EV offering and hopefully Jaguars and of course Lotus's, although I think they will join the game later and the Emira will have an effect on their sales as if reliability is not 99%, it will hurt the sports EV released together with Alpine.
Then add to this that we on here are a small % of Emira's current market segment and I feel many will embrace sports EV's as they wont be interested in attracting legacy customers at all..... Point being, I dont see it that clear that the Emira suddenly has a free run at sports car sales. The used ICE porsche and the new EV will be competitors in my mind and in my wallet!
Also, you are indicating that in 2 years there will be a whole new batch of Emira purchasers appearing, from where exactly? Thats like saying the current population that dont work, but that will work in 2 years, compared to the whole current population that do work, amounts to a huge % of the latter, but it doesn't.
I believe Lotus have attracted just about as many as they can to the FE. Sure some will cancel and get the cheaper Base or have waited for it from the start, but when they see the base price finally being 65k and the options soon putting it towards 75k, I think many will back off, not helped by finance rates to boot. When they also see residuals for ALL cars dropping like the glasses the first night I did glass collecting at a strip club in Birmingham, then they will again think twice about the layout. I dont meant o be argumentative (for a change) but I dont see a big 2nd wave of customers coming, quite the contrary. I see a fair % cancelling, which we have witnessed, I see a fair % selling on, which we have witnessed and I see the current UK order books of what? 3000 cars??? Ive no idea, but I dont see it doubling in 2 years, I see it settling down at maybe 1-1500 cars per year in the UK, once they clear the backlog of course (2 more years)!
These are not bad numbers, especially when you add the rest of the world, where Lotus have NEVER sold in large numbers. If they get 3500-5000 cars a year out, they will be happy I think and I think that they should concentrate on making those cars as well built as possible and then a few special editions, in limited numbers to help keep interest and residuals up.
Its interesting to talk about it, share opinions... etc, BUT I think we need to start recording such things to see who is right and who is wrong. I cant think of anything better than saying in 2 years to my friend in Torronto, when he is 4 inches under water, you see, I told you the spyder was the best bet as the average emira FE price is lower than a hot wheels kids toy (just kidding... I dont want to see them fall...I just feel they will)
Car Mag's for the most part compare new v new. If they start comparing new Emira variants to used Porsches from three years ago that you may or may not be able to buy.... well I think that would be odd.

Some fair points - but bringing electric vs ICE sports cars is a completely different argument. Sports cars are not logical purchases. They are emotional. For the foreseeable future, the demographic that has the money to spend on a second or third toy, grew up shifting gears and hearing the roar of an engine. This feeling can not be replaced by electric. So when I say they will have a larger buyer pool, this nostalgic element will most likely last another 20 years. Kids that got their first car in the 1990's - 2010's. When they are at a certain age to make that purchase, (usually 40-60 years old) you are under estimating the emotional side of this. Auto manufacturers know this, but are being forced into electric earlier and leaving this sector a bit more open than ever before. When the baby boomer generation loved their classic cars from the 50's-70's, yes some bought used ones of the cars they loved growing up but could not afford, most went to the dealer and bought a new version of it. That new version is now going to be electric / non-existent. What will this do to the used car market of manual sports cars specifically? Well, certainly the demand will be there, I just don't know how many used Porsche's will be able to fill those.

Personally I am all for electric vehicles. My next daily will most likely be electric. It will be a tool and a good one, I am sure. For me, nothing will replicate the feeling of nailing a perfect shift. Ever. I can not be alone in this thought process. So while I eagerly anticipate the electric future, it will never replace childhood dreams.

I am 39 and a bit younger than the average Emira owner. There is still a lot more of my generation up and coming (people aged 30-40) That have not yet entered the second/third car sports car territory. They will.

At this moment and during the reveal in 2021, there was/is options in the new ICE sports car market. F-type, 718, Alpine, Vantage, R8 etc. How many will there be left in 2025-30? How many will have three pedals? As the manufactures retire these great cars, their replacements will be electric. Even today, there are only two mid-engine manual sports cars for sale new. In 24 months there will be 1. The used car market is finite and ever shrinking. To think there will always be ample availability is a fallacy.

I don't disagree about the Spyder.... looking forward to receiving it in the spring. It is a forever car.

Porsche made 22K 718's last year.(and there is still a waiting list) It will take Lotus 3-4 years to make 20K Emira's. How can you not see some Porsche buyers, that want a manual sports car, moving over to Emira along with new customers. Porsche will not be able to satisfy their demand either. Maybe some spend more and go to a 911(992.2). Some will go and buy that EV sports car, but I reckon many will still want to feel that perfect shift.

Last edited:
Car Mag's for the most part compare new v new. If they start comparing new Emira variants to used Porsches from three years ago that you may or may not be able to buy.... well I think that would be odd.

Some fair points - but bringing electric vs ICE sports cars is a completely different argument. Sports cars are not logical purchases. They are emotional. For the foreseeable future, the demographic that has the money to spend on a second or third toy, grew up shifting gears and hearing the roar of an engine. This feeling can not be replaced by electric. So when I say they will have a larger buyer pool, this nostalgic element will most likely last another 20 years. Kids that got their first car in the 1990's - 2010's. When they are at a certain age to make that purchase, (usually 40-60 years old) you are under estimating the emotional side of this. Auto manufacturers know this, but are being forced into electric earlier and leaving this sector a bit more open than ever before. When the baby boomer generation loved their classic cars from the 50's-70's, yes some bought used ones of the cars they loved growing up but could not afford, most went to the dealer and bought a new version of it. That new version is now going to be electric / non-existent. What will this do to the used car market of manual sports cars specifically? Well, certainly the demand will be there, I just don't know how many used Porsche's will be able to fill those.

Personally I am all for electric vehicles. My next daily will most likely be electric. It will be a tool and a good one, I am sure. For me, nothing will replicate the feeling of nailing a perfect shift. Ever. I can not be alone in this thought process. So while I eagerly anticipate the electric future, it will never replace childhood dreams.

I am 38 and a bit younger than the average Emira owner. There is still a lot more of my generation up and coming (people aged 30-40) That have not yet entered the second/third car sports car territory. They will.

At this moment and during the reveal in 2021, there was/is options in the new ICE sports car market. F-type, 718, Alpine, Vantage, R8 etc. How many will there be left in 2025-30? How many will have three pedals? As the manufactures retire these great cars, their replacements will be electric. Even today, there are only two mid-engine manual sports cars for sale new. In 24 months there will be 1. The used car market is finite and ever shrinking. To think there will always be ample availability is a fallacy.

I don't disagree about the Spyder.... looking forward to receiving it in the spring. It is a forever car.

Porsche made 22K 718's last year.(and there is still a waiting list) It will take Lotus 3-4 years to make 20K Emira's. How can you not see some Porsche buyers, that want a manual sports car, moving over to Emira along with new customers. Porsche will not be able to satisfy their demand either. Maybe some spend more and go to a 911(992.2). Some will go and buy that EV sports car, but I reckon many will still want to feel that perfect shift.
before we get deleted.....
car mags are already comparing the NEW Emira with the age old 718... and even the die hard "Lotus are Amazing" and I feel so much better having not bought the more sensible "boring" porsche on this forum are comparing their purchase of the Emira with a used aston, jaguar recently *tony, yaris..what? Leonard, BMW aud8 lady luck, maclaren various and ferrari Evotion.... SO new to old is always there.
Yes you are right re petrol, but again, assuming porsche dont save the day with synthetic fuels and hydrogen slightly modified engines etc etc. Also, we have yet to see how they can make electric cars exciting. THey know its NOT just a case of super fast and spaceship noises. Soon they will have the imagination to explore using gears, paddle shifts, fake engine noise...think Leonards GReat Yaris. If they want to make electric cars more engaging, they can.... and I think they will.
The younger degeneration will also want these amazing interiors on the new electric cars....
Also, if the governments want to, they will make ICE cars so expensive to tax and fuel so expensive to put in, that even the LIve hards will get very limited use out of their SUnday toy and this will mean values of used Ice cars will decrease and not increase as everyone expects... all depends on leglisation. if it costs you 15k a year to run/keep your ICe car on the road, thats 2 3 4 family holidays to Bali....*thursday cant come soon enough!
Yes some porsche people will head over to Lotus.... but they will only stay there if there is real quality and so far.... each can of them will judge whether the quality is the same...the brand has the same kudos....the dealer or lack of gives them as much attention....or access to spare parts when needed.... Its not easy to grow a brand that has suffered in the past. Skoda have done it, but with milliones and billions invested by who else, porsche and I'd still not buy one.. haha
I cant wait to see what an electric spyder looks like hahah///

before we get deleted.....
car mags are already comparing the NEW Emira with the age old 718... and even the die hard "Lotus are Amazing" and I feel so much better having not bought the more sensible "boring" porsche on this forum are comparing their purchase of the Emira with a used aston, jaguar recently *tony, yaris..what? Leonard, BMW aud8 lady luck, maclaren various and ferrari Evotion.... SO new to old is always there.
Yes you are right re petrol, but again, assuming porsche dont save the day with synthetic fuels and hydrogen slightly modified engines etc etc. Also, we have yet to see how they can make electric cars exciting. THey know its NOT just a case of super fast and spaceship noises. Soon they will have the imagination to explore using gears, paddle shifts, fake engine noise...think Leonards GReat Yaris. If they want to make electric cars more engaging, they can.... and I think they will.
The younger degeneration will also want these amazing interiors on the new electric cars....
Also, if the governments want to, they will make ICE cars so expensive to tax and fuel so expensive to put in, that even the LIve hards will get very limited use out of their SUnday toy and this will mean values of used Ice cars will decrease and not increase as everyone expects... all depends on leglisation. if it costs you 15k a year to run/keep your ICe car on the road, thats 2 3 4 family holidays to Bali....*thursday cant come soon enough!
Yes some porsche people will head over to Lotus.... but they will only stay there if there is real quality and so far.... each can of them will judge whether the quality is the same...the brand has the same kudos....the dealer or lack of gives them as much attention....or access to spare parts when needed.... Its not easy to grow a brand that has suffered in the past. Skoda have done it, but with milliones and billions invested by who else, porsche and I'd still not buy one.. haha
I cant wait to see what an electric spyder looks like hahah///
Well.... to tie in our posts so they don't get deleted, this is relevant information to Emira's being advertised for sale and the reasons why demand will be intact through 2023 / residuals. The used market will constantly shrink. So today there may be 20 Vantages for sale, next year it may be 5. Regulations in government are a factor, but at this point we are just guessing. Leonard is still here because deep down he still wants an Emira... So do you, hahaha. Maybe you will pick one up in the pre-owned market. I just don't see this being another Evora situation. The times have changed and are changing, we can not extrapolate what happened before in the car market and expect it to continue the same way. I agree, Lotus needs a bit more work to hold onto its customers. The flip side to that is their competition is ever shrinking, at least from the Emira's perspective. Type 135 EV, well that is a whole other discussion and a much larger problem for Lotus to tackle.

665 words. Common @emiraspain we know you can beat that! 1000!

In the UK, people who have a strong interest in the Emira are likely to have either placed a deposit and been given the chance to test drive one by now, or haven't placed a deposit but have registered as wanting a test drive. The first group probably aren't in the market for paying overs for one of the advertised cars, they'll wait for their own order and pay list (and get their exact spec and possibly a car with a few more bugs ironed out).

The folks who are yet to test drive might be prepared to pay overs and get a car now rather than wait 1.5 to 2 years. Based on some of the reviews and online comments, they probably do want to wait until they drive the car before making a decision. So it'll be interesting to see if demand for the used cars picks up once test drives start in February.

this is true, although also potentially true that those currently interested and without a test drive, would probably be allowed a test drive of one of these advertised cars if the owners are serious about selling it, and the buyer serious about paying overs. The seller should be prepared to let a serious potential customer drive it for 10/20 miles, especially the car dealers, where private sellers may be understandably more weary based on 3rd party insurance for driving other peoples cars. How do you judge who is serious, well I guess if they are coming from a long way to just see and drive the car for 30 mins, that would be a good indication for me.
very much a case of watch this space.......

this is true, although also potentially true that those currently interested and without a test drive, would probably be allowed a test drive of one of these advertised cars if the owners are serious about selling it, and the buyer serious about paying overs. The seller should be prepared to let a serious potential customer drive it for 10/20 miles, especially the car dealers, where private sellers may be understandably more weary based on 3rd party insurance for driving other peoples cars. How do you judge who is serious, well I guess if they are coming from a long way to just see and drive the car for 30 mins, that would be a good indication for me.
very much a case of watch this space.......
If your willing to pay overs for an Emira, I don't think there is a fear of missing out.....yet. The reason Ferrari/Porsche GT products demand the overs is due to limited production. You can't go to a dealer, plop down a deposit and know you will get a car. What do you think will happen when Lotus next year says that V6 manual production is sold out and there will be no more deposits taken. I think you may see a different story at that point. I am predicting this will happen around summer 2024 + / - 1 year after base configurator goes live.

The i4 not so much as that will have a much longer production run. The V6 final/cup/GT (probably announced around mid/late 2024) will be sold out within days of announcement. That's pretty much the car every Lotus enthusiast wanted in the first place. Plus it will likely be limited production run.

So while people right now can choose to test drive and ponder if they want one, I assure you Lotus can not wait to announce the order book is full and closed. This is every automakers dream. With the way I think non-UK customers will react once they actually see the Emira around, this very well may be possible. (UK knows about Lotus far more than ROW) A lot of people I talk to, even in the car industry have no idea the Emira exists. My Porsche SA, no clue what a Lotus Emira was. (obviously they know of Lotus). It is too good looking of a car, not to attract that kind of attention. Build quality and aftercare, if they fail to delivery on these two items.... then I agree, residuals will plummet and customers won't buy. 2023 is a BIG year for Lotus.

Last edited:
mr Toronto had
698 words but no one picks on him.... haha
I am moderating myself before the moderators moderate me...and now I've sold my 1st car and will 94.5% not take the 2nd one... its time to ween away, although as has ben stated above by my learned colleague, its quite reasonable to assume I may dip into the depreciated market later...

I just thought you were trying to out bullshit each other 😄

Have to say i am confused - currently 4 seneca blue cars on AT, cheapest at £88k v highest at £95k.
Can anyone enlighten me how a dealer thinks they can get £7k more for something identical to another readily available?
I understand colours, specs, prev owners etc may affect used car values but these are all basically identical

Have to say i am confused - currently 4 seneca blue cars on AT, cheapest at £88k v highest at £95k.
Can anyone enlighten me how a dealer thinks they can get £7k more for something identical to another readily available?
I understand colours, specs, prev owners etc may affect used car values but these are all basically identical
There is no rhyme or reason apart from the price the dealer paid and does not want to lose money or their sale or return customer.
But yes as I have said various times the cars are not going to fetch over 5k irrelevant of spec and colour in general. However, there are still a few hopefuls or unrealistic people or dealers who stay firm and maybe have the space and time to chance it as prices may go up a little if the others all sell …. And no more appear

Probably because they can offer finance and consider a p/x used car. But i agree if you are a cash buyer as most will be for overs you may as well buy privately for cheaper.

I can;t recall ever seeing a red one up for resale.

Might command even more of a premium. :D

As I have said, cars have changed hands for over 90k this year and may well do.
If the sub-80 cars get bought, then we might only see buyers paying over 90k.
Nobody really knows.

The rollover rarity of the car is actually increasing due to more delays.

Actually, buy up all cars below 90k - they are heading to £100K!! Get in quick. 😬
(somebody has to counter Emiraspain trying to push the prices down!)

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back