• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

I can;t recall ever seeing a red one up for resale.

Might command even more of a premium. :D

As I have said, cars have changed hands for over 90k this year and may well do.
If the sub-80 cars get bought, then we might only see buyers paying over 90k.
Nobody really knows.

The rollover rarity of the car is actually increasing due to more delays.

Actually, buy up all cars below 90k - they are heading to £100K!! Get in quick. 😬
(somebody has to counter Emiraspain trying to push the prices down!)
There is one for sale for quite a while on autoscout for ~120K€ (12/22 registration)

There is one for sale for quite a while on autoscout for ~120K€ (12/22 registration)
That's @emiraspain Spanish car
It will be 23 registration since the car hasn't arrived yet
it's actually in Customs, somebody has to pay the duties ! 🤣

Last edited:
Great news for Emira owners WBAC has moved from offering around 63k for a new one to £78.5k for a car with 200 miles on it, used the collecting cars yellow reg. Other cars im interested in have slumped this week by as much as 10k! wow

After the recent discussion about JCT advertising a used Emira above list, interesting to see another dealer breaking the request from Lotus HQ not to deal in used cars:

After the recent discussion about JCT advertising a used Emira above list, interesting to see another dealer breaking the request from Lotus HQ not to deal in used cars:
I hope that they don't end up falling out over this - it is my local service centre.

Quick question Tom, What did Lotus want these independent dealers to do? I mean, if the customer bought the car but didn't enjoy it and they go back to the dealer for a trade in on another vehicle, surely Lotus isn't telling them not to of business with existing customers? What other outcome could there possibly be?

I originally thought they were a corporate division of Lotus (dealerships) selling in the UK, but knowing these are independent businesses and rely on sales and profits to pay for the staff and wages, changes my opinion. These aren't businesses being subsidized by Lotus/Geely towards a common corporate goal. This was always going to be the end result. Obviously I don't know how the dealership structure works and perhaps there is a different type of incentive for them not to deal in pre-owned market at the moment. Just would seem like bad CS if they didn't.

I think Lotus was trying to limit dealers getting involved in flipping customer cars for large overs, as they thought that would be bad PR for Lotus when they had a queue of deposit holders who had been waiting a long time. It was less about trade ins and the request was only for the first few months after deliveries started.

Flips and overs do generate interest and boost residuals but Lotus seem to have decided the downsides outweighed the upsides.

i know some dealers wanted to buy customer cars so they could run a second demo car but that was discouraged too.

The blue car from JCT is no longer showing on autotrader maybe they have made a sale - slow movers for sure people mustn’t fancy paying overs or they patiently waiting for prices to further reduce. Red line have now taken £7k off theirs

The blue car from JCT is no longer showing on autotrader maybe they have made a sale - slow movers for sure people mustn’t fancy paying overs or they patiently waiting for prices to further reduce. Red line have now taken £7k off theirs

Stop stiring 😉😅

Wheres your blooming sexy purple M240 😋 Get posting in the Hethel Arms 😁

With potential price increases being spoken of / likely then “overs” may not actually be overs in the not so distant future.

I’m patiently waiting for my i4 and having driven the Prestbury DV car today hoping it will be a step up on the V6.

Hearsay at this stage but a potential I’m told through a recent conversation. Hope not mind as I won’t be jumping for joy

Shadow Grey FE advertised by Oakmere last week at £89,995 and already sold. This was supposedly the least popular colour.

Shadow Grey FE advertised by Oakmere last week at £89,995 and already sold. This was supposedly the least popular colour.

Bet the guy from Scott Hardy wished he opted for another colour lol
Redline also looks like he has shadow grey reduced to a snip at £92.9k
Very quick sale 👏

Here is a fun fact for you from auto trader: 34144 advert views for Emira’s in 30 days. I do have an advert I've just put up - sorry don't hate me, I have my reasons mainly being the delayed delivery and if the right offer comes, I'm not a rich enough to say no :)

1675770188871.png

You can advertise it in Marketplace on here too.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back