• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Offers at 80-86k* That's me :) I will give the forum as much info as I can on the market as a seller. So far it's been pretty interesting & funny. loads of enquiries, lots of time wasters. There are certain offers/things I won't say until it sells but I'm keen to give an insight as ultimately my advert is up to see what offers I get and where the market value really is and if I want to sell for that or keep driving
I can see your Emira spec has gone from Autotrader website... did you get a good offer over asking for it?

I can see your Emira spec has gone from Autotrader website... did you get a good offer over asking for it?
Hiya, still on there I just updated my advert angle as I couldn’t keep up with the calls whilst at work. None of us truly know where the market is at so my original advert said make me offer over my OTR price of £80k to give the buyer freedom and I can see where the market is but that just led to everyone emailing me asking how much would I accept instead of making an offer lol and a lot were just chancing their arm or people suspecting I wanted £90k for it and not contacting. The car was sold for £84,500 and meant to be collected at the weekend then the person pulled out for a valid reason.

So I had time to take proper pictures and updated my advert to be clearer on the price. The private market is bang on where I am - WBAC instant sale right now is £81.5k (regardless of black pack or not) the dealers are fucked because noone will pay £90k+ for these lol they are dreaming. My identical car is the next cheapest advert from a dealer who I contacted as an interested buyer and the absolute minimum they can go is £87.5k. Scott hardy sold from a reduced list price of £89,991 So from my experience/opinion dealer prices are £87k-£89k(SOLD prices), private is £3k less than that as thats what dealers have been offering me for “sale or return” on mine. Hence the £84.5k take it or leave it price tag now which is just high enough I would be happy to give the car up whilst being low enough to save someone dealer mark ups. i have no idea why anyone would pay a dealer £89k for the exact same car with a brand new 3 year manufacturer warranty, but mine could end up on sale or return if I get lazy. Someone will pay an extra £3k for no reason in my eyes. my ad is getting 300 views per day. Hope this helps everyone.

I really wouldn’t read into colours and price at all, particularly from such a tiny sample. There was a poll on here somewhere of the colours everyone specced and it was a dead even tie between all of them except Shadow grey which was way less popular.

Jeez just seen that there are 12 Emiras on Autotrader at the moment, thats a lot more than i would have expected this early in their release.
i guess the flippers are trying to fill their boots while there is still a bit of a premium.
at this rate i might hang on, screw the long wait and pick up one in twelve months :)

Jeez just seen that there are 12 Emiras on Autotrader at the moment, thats a lot more than i would have expected this early in their release.
i guess the flippers are trying to fill their boots while there is still a bit of a premium.
at this rate i might hang on, screw the long wait and pick up one in twelve months :)
My OTR Price delivered end of Jan was £80,050. Following the new price increases announced today the new OTR price of my car is £86,065. I think you'll find yourself paying more in 12 months than your car now if it's scheduled before June 2023.

My OTR Price delivered end of Jan was £80,050. Following the new price increases announced today the new OTR price of my car is £86,065. I think you'll find yourself paying more in 12 months than your car now if it's scheduled before June 2023.
Im happy to buy a used one in a year to eighteen months time, if the amount of used cars available now is anything to go by there should be plenty to choose from, plus hopefully any build issues should be ironed out by then.

Im happy to buy a used one in a year to eighteen months time, if the amount of used cars available now is anything to go by there should be plenty to choose from, plus hopefully any build issues should be ironed out by then.
Will lotus have a certified program like Porsche?

Will lotus have a certified program like Porsche?

We do in the UK - changing GB to US in the URL above doesn't work though......

See the collecting cars emira didn’t make reserve…., even with a 6k price rise on the horizon.

Not sure what the high bid was but 79k last time I checked

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back