• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Yes, it didnt sell and coincidently, James from collecting cars had called me a few weeks ago to ask if I still wanted to add my also Blue Emira to the site. First time they have ever called me looking for me to sell on of my cars, rather than viceroy versa, indicating to me that things are getting a bit tough out there in car sale world.
Ended
UNSOLD
I guess limit was 80k, and that is certainly the maximum Collecting cars would have let them put it on at reserve IMO, based on having spoke to them and the poor showing for the first car.
When I saw the price increase today I thought, ohhh I should have enjoyed the car for a few months and sold it for maybe 3 4 5k more, due to said increase. However, when I look on autotrader and see even more cars for sale than before (was 7/8 last time I looked) and average asking price is now even lower, then I don't regret it so much.
Off topic but was out in a friends 718 spyder at the weekend and just as I suspected, you really cant enjoy that car or the Emira IMO on the roads around here. You can use about half the rev range to change gears and with such a wide car (relatively speaking to mine) its not enjoyable, although the owner was happy and it certainly got plenty of attention in its Miami Blue colour.
Its perhaps too early for Lotus's price increase to have an effect in the used market and perhaps it will later in the Summer, when there are 30 or more cars for sale, I hope so for those people's sake.
On topic 100%, my Spanish car, for sale at list price at the only Spanish dealer allowed to sell the Emira has not sold, even though it is sat there in the showroom, looking stunning. Its been there for 2 nearly 3 weeks and nothing. I dont say this in a negative way for Lotus, but it is very hard to change people's mind set, here in Spain and in many other places, there are way too many "porsche only" drivers..... My porsche is for sale now too by the way... Next it will be my body and finally my soul

Yes, it didnt sell and coincidently, James from collecting cars had called me a few weeks ago to ask if I still wanted to add my also Blue Emira to the site. First time they have ever called me looking for me to sell on of my cars, rather than viceroy versa, indicating to me that things are getting a bit tough out there in car sale world.
Ended
UNSOLD
I guess limit was 80k, and that is certainly the maximum Collecting cars would have let them put it on at reserve IMO, based on having spoke to them and the poor showing for the first car.
When I saw the price increase today I thought, ohhh I should have enjoyed the car for a few months and sold it for maybe 3 4 5k more, due to said increase. However, when I look on autotrader and see even more cars for sale than before (was 7/8 last time I looked) and average asking price is now even lower, then I don't regret it so much.
Off topic but was out in a friends 718 spyder at the weekend and just as I suspected, you really cant enjoy that car or the Emira IMO on the roads around here. You can use about half the rev range to change gears and with such a wide car (relatively speaking to mine) its not enjoyable, although the owner was happy and it certainly got plenty of attention in its Miami Blue colour.
Its perhaps too early for Lotus's price increase to have an effect in the used market and perhaps it will later in the Summer, when there are 30 or more cars for sale, I hope so for those people's sake.
On topic 100%, my Spanish car, for sale at list price at the only Spanish dealer allowed to sell the Emira has not sold, even though it is sat there in the showroom, looking stunning. Its been there for 2 nearly 3 weeks and nothing. I dont say this in a negative way for Lotus, but it is very hard to change people's mind set, here in Spain and in many other places, there are way too many "porsche only" drivers..... My porsche is for sale now too by the way... Next it will be my body and finally my soul
never mind I got my answer from the other thread.... too bad you didn't get along with the 718 Spyder.... best convertible for the price IMO.

From a UK perspective, there are currently 14 cars for sale on AutoTrader and the quantity seems to be going up, not down, indicating that they're not moving at the £85-95k price that sellers are asking for them. Thats not a good sign for the first edition given there's so little variation in spec options, essentially colour, wheels and interior colour. By comparison, there are three Evora GT410's,

Now this is likely all those who bought the car with the pure intention of flipping with a few whose circumstances have changed but when lotus start to really turn the numbers out, I think the Emira is going to get hit pretty hard in the first year or two of ownership just on the basis of how many will be available of virtually the same spec.

Yeah, quite a range.

Not selling my red Knockout Lotus but if I had I imagine it would been offered at low 90s and see what happens. as I would have used a dealer consignment.
Indeed, buyers may be waiting for a red one to come up and will pay a premium.

Reds were only released last Wednesday so I expect a couple to come on.
Though clearly, it is the best colour and nobody wants to sell it. 😛

Scoates got his last year, Donskibeats and mine both arrived at Hethel over 2 weeks ago. So out of 150 or so UK cars that’s three earlier cars Magma we know of and I am sure there are others.
No one is selling them on because it’s clearly the best colour! ;)

@Evotion :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Feel like we need to start moving Ade's red love back to the magma red thread, is there a single thread you haven't said how much you love it? lol

FYI have been getting steady offers, No offers at my asking price of £85,500, have had 84-84.5k offers and to be honest it's so good there is no way I'm letting it go for less than 85k right now, especially after the price increases. Can't believe anybody is going to be mad enough to pay so many dealer cars for sale at £95k. lower black pack being fitted next week can't wait, love the look of my yellow/black

From a UK perspective, there are currently 14 cars for sale on AutoTrader and the quantity seems to be going up, not down, indicating that they're not moving at the £85-95k price that sellers are asking for them. Thats not a good sign for the first edition given there's so little variation in spec options, essentially colour, wheels and interior colour. By comparison, there are three Evora GT410's,

Now this is likely all those who bought the car with the pure intention of flipping with a few whose circumstances have changed but when lotus start to really turn the numbers out, I think the Emira is going to get hit pretty hard in the first year or two of ownership just on the basis of how many will be available of virtually the same spec.
You would think with the price rise that they would of shifted quickly as buyers are not paying such a big premium and getting one immediately bypassing a massive wait list so agree would indicate there is massive demand at the mo - now is a great time to get sports car ready for Spring. Unless buyers are biding there time hoping the more that are advertising sellers will start price citing to get a sale

See the collecting cars emira didn’t make reserve…., even with a 6k price rise on the horizon.

Not sure what the high bid was but 79k last time I checked
Right, but they could have had the reserve set to £90k or something.

I think the total number of cars for sale is not in itself enough information. We'd need to also follow each listing to see how long each car takes to sell.

I am thinking that people who know about the car already have one on order or have ordered and cancelled. Lets see what happens when people start to see them on the road .

Agreed but I'm not sure that info is available anywhere. I've been checking it daily since one of the first deliveries sold on collecting cars. I'd say about half have been there for around 4-5 weeks.

I am thinking that people who know about the car already have one on order or have ordered and cancelled. Lets see what happens when people start to see them on the road .

It’s so beautiful that’s got to spark a lot of interest!

I think that you have also got to factor in that most people will have no idea about the Emira as there are so few on the road. Until they start to get seen out and about, I think that the used cars will only really generate interest for those already aware of the car.

I have personal experience of this effect twice over. In 2020 I walking down a High Street and an Evora drove past. I thought that sounded good and looked great, but I had no idea what it was. I went home and researched Lotus and the model range and a couple of weeks later I purchased a 410 Sport (auto). I always felt I had reasonable knowledge of most car brands and have owned performance cars previously, but Lotus was not on my radar at all.
Last year through this very forum, someone mentioned the Alpine A110, more research for me and I bought one last October. I remember the A110 from the 1970's but I had now idea it had been revived and I have never seen one on the road. It's a great car, very Lotus like, I even describe it to people as a French Lotus!

I think the same will happen with the Emira, it will be unknown by most people until they see it and research it, I guess that there will be pople like me out there who will then buy it. The premium brands that Lotus competes with are so massively well known. I should think pretty much everyone will have heard of Porsche, how many will have heard of Lotus, not so many, how many will know it is a British built car, probably even less.

This is a problem for Lotus of course. How do they promote the brand to the wider public. Once we see the Chinese built EV's this will just confuse things as word gets around these are built in China. Even the Lotus name (at least in the UK) anything with 'Lotus' in is assumed to be oriental (or as my mother used to say a bit 'fancy')! Unless you are in the know, you would not say that a Lotus sounds like it is made somehere in Norfolk.

Untill the brand gets better known, I think those of us that want one have got their order in, there are probably a small number who pruchased with the intention to flip for a profit. I do wonder what the demand will be once the exisiting wave of orders is built. I think only time will tell.

I think that you have also got to factor in that most people will have no idea about the Emira as there are so few on the road. Until they start to get seen out and about, I think that the used cars will only really generate interest for those already aware of the car.

I have personal experience of this effect twice over. In 2020 I walking down a High Street and an Evora drove past. I thought that sounded good and looked great, but I had no idea what it was. I went home and researched Lotus and the model range and a couple of weeks later I purchased a 410 Sport (auto). I always felt I had reasonable knowledge of most car brands and have owned performance cars previously, but Lotus was not on my radar at all.
Last year through this very forum, someone mentioned the Alpine A110, more research for me and I bought one last October. I remember the A110 from the 1970's but I had now idea it had been revived and I have never seen one on the road. It's a great car, very Lotus like, I even describe it to people as a French Lotus!

I think the same will happen with the Emira, it will be unknown by most people until they see it and research it, I guess that there will be pople like me out there who will then buy it. The premium brands that Lotus competes with are so massively well known. I should think pretty much everyone will have heard of Porsche, how many will have heard of Lotus, not so many, how many will know it is a British built car, probably even less.

This is a problem for Lotus of course. How do they promote the brand to the wider public. Once we see the Chinese built EV's this will just confuse things as word gets around these are built in China. Even the Lotus name (at least in the UK) anything with 'Lotus' in is assumed to be oriental (or as my mother used to say a bit 'fancy')! Unless you are in the know, you would not say that a Lotus sounds like it is made somehere in Norfolk.

Untill the brand gets better known, I think those of us that want one have got their order in, there are probably a small number who pruchased with the intention to flip for a profit. I do wonder what the demand will be once the exisiting wave of orders is built. I think only time will tell.
I agree, fair enough there's a few on YouTube etc but the emira has barely hit mainstream media in the last year, lotus haven't supplied cars to major magazines or television shows it seems since they started production cars.
I still think they'll be amongst the least depreciating new car fir c80k you can buy. Especially those pre price increase

Reactions: DJS
I agree, fair enough there's a few on YouTube etc but the emira has barely hit mainstream media in the last year, lotus haven't supplied cars to major magazines or television shows it seems since they started production cars.
I still think they'll be amongst the least depreciating new car fir c80k you can buy. Especially those pre price increase
They've had the Emira on Top Gear (TV and magazine), so can't get much better mainstream coverage than that....and it had a glowing review from Chris Harris.

I'd say the only crowd that aren't aware of the car will be some Porsche Cayman/Boxter customers who change their car every 3 years and probably only own the Porsche for brand status, so Lotus will probs not be on their wish list.

At the moment there have only been a handful of resold cars at minor 'overs' and an increasing number on Autotrader and another unsold on Collecting Cars, so I'm not sure the residuals are looking too rosey if I'm honest.

I have mine due next month so I'd love to see them selling like hot cakes but from the evidence so far, they're not!

They've had the Emira on Top Gear (TV and magazine), so can't get much better mainstream coverage than that....and it had a glowing review from Chris Harris.

I'd say the only crowd that aren't aware of the car will be some Porsche Cayman/Boxter customers who change their car every 3 years and probably only own the Porsche for brand status, so Lotus will probs not be on their wish list.

At the moment there have only been a handful of resold cars at minor 'overs' and an increasing number on Autotrader and another unsold on Collecting Cars, so I'm not sure the residuals are looking too rosey if I'm honest.

I have mine due next month so I'd love to see them selling like hot cakes but from the evidence so far, they're not!
Unless the ongoing car issues are not resolved fairly quickly this car will hold it's value trust me especially in the next 2/3 years, all the overs cars for sale at the moment are just flippers and dealerships chancing there arm testing the market, but for someone like me and a lot of us on here the Emira is a safe financial bet, if your looking to make money out of this I wouldn't get to excited.

Yes but it was a pre production car way before any cars were actually on the road and that was ages ago. No production group tests in top gear, evo autocar etc...

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back