• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

There has been only one Shadow Grey car for sale recently and that sold within a week. Just saying... ;)

There has been only one Shadow Grey car for sale recently and that sold within a week. Just saying... ;)
That's an interesting one as according to polls on forums and Facebook it's the least ordered colour. But if you're someone that wants one I guess your options are going to be really limited on the used market.

That's an interesting one as according to polls on forums and Facebook it's the least ordered colour. But if you're someone that wants one I guess your options are going to be really limited on the used market.
Understated in my opinion, along with the DV and NG. Limited numbers will make them harder to find on the second hand market. Good for shadow grey customers and residual values I'd say. Plenty of red, yellow and blue to choose from already!

Part of the low uptake may be the dominance of various shades of neutral and dark grey in the Porsche market. People who want something different from the "default" sports car brand usually... want something different.

That's not to say that Shadow isn't a great color... it really is. But I'm just trying to think through the psychology in our particular scenario. Nimbus is different enough with the warm undertone to not telegraph as similar to any existing Porsche (or Jaguar) color.

Last edited:
Understated in my opinion, along with the DV and NG. Limited numbers will make them harder to find on the second hand market. Good for shadow grey customers and residual values I'd say. Plenty of red, yellow and blue to choose from already!
Plenty of green, yellow and blue on Autotrader today but no red ones.

Part of the low uptake may be the dominance of various shades of neutral and dark grey in the Porsche market. People who want something different from the "default" sports car brand usually... want something different.

That's not to say that Shadow isn't a great color... it really is. But I'm just trying to think through the psychology in our particular scenario. Nimbus is different enough with the warm undertone to not telegraph as similar to any existing Porsche (or Jaguar) color.
Well, if the shadow greys can attract more Porsche customers and anyone else to Lotus, then I'm fine with that! Just for the record mine is not for sale ;)

Maybe the reality is just that Lotus has never been a huge company and those that know about Lotus, also know their history. Maybe these second hand cars just aren't selling as well because people are afraid to take the plunge. Is the warranty the same for second owners?

I was offered £90K for mine - cash, from a messenger on YouTube via my About email.
I refused. They then said where my counter was.

I also know for sure that at least two cars sold for £95 or over BUT that was 3 weeks back.
Again, it comes down to spec. Some thing are getting these cars for £65 or less, but have to pay a lot more for a specific car if the offer won't budge and they really, really want it.

The CollectingCars Emira was effectively bid £85K and didn't meet the reserve so £85 does look like the floor. So definitely not stunning overs.

Given price rises and drip fed allocations I still don't see the price coming any lower in resale in the short term. If Lotus manage to get out a load of cars then there may be over supply as a lot of people's lives have changed by now - including me - but I drove the car and fell back in love.

Maybe the reality is just that Lotus has never been a huge company and those that know about Lotus, also know their history. Maybe these second hand cars just aren't selling as well because people are afraid to take the plunge. Is the warranty the same for second owners?
In the UK, the vehicle warranty is tied to the VIN, so it doesn't matter how many times the car changes hands, the warranty stays with the car. Some of the additional Enhance and Protect insurances are non transferable, not sure which as I am not getting any. Not sure about the rest of the world, no doubt separate rules and regs by territory perhaps.

In the UK, the vehicle warranty is tied to the VIN, so it doesn't matter how many times the car changes hands, the warranty stays with the car. Some of the additional Enhance and Protect insurances are non transferable, not sure which as I am not getting any. Not sure about the rest of the world, no doubt separate rules and regs by territory perhaps.
Ah OK.. Ya a bit different here in the States. Usually some parts of the warranty remain in tact for successive owners (powertrain) while others (bumper to bumper) may be reduced or void.

Couple of demonstrators on autotrader now at £85k
Always stay clear of buying demo car 🚗 with thousand different people riding it - would pay the extra for one with no miles - but that’s just me we’re all different

17 cars for sale now priced between 85k and 95k. 2 from lotus dealers with just 3500 miles on the clock at 85k thatt has to be the ceiling for these cars now end of summer they will be under 80k.

17 cars for sale now priced between 85k and 95k. 2 from lotus dealers with just 3500 miles on the clock at 85k thatt has to be the ceiling for these cars now end of summer they will be under 80k.
I see T.H has even reduced Mr Spains cast off car as hasn’t sold - would have thought if anyone can shift for a premium he would, it’s just small change to some of his clientele base.
Would of thought customer would of just said oh yearh and I’ll have the Emira as well for a little surprise for the Mrs along with my Ferrari 🚗 lol

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back