• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Can I get this thread back in line.... after 2 pages of off thread rubbish..
there are now 2 private black, sorry green cars for sale...
Funnily enough the more expensive one has the "cheaper" black wheels and is a 22 reg and the cheaper car has DC wheels and is a 23 year car. Both are priced over 90k.
The blue car at under 88k still has not shifted, so clearly the DV crowd are a bit ....hopeful lets say, thinking their colour, which I still cant describe other that pretty much black, is worth 5k more than blue. Time will tell, if indeed the owners are on here and share the facts after the sales.
If these cars are still for sale at the end of January, you'd assume all of them should reduce their respective prices

Can I get this thread back in line.... after 2 pages of off thread rubbish..
there are now 2 private black, sorry green cars for sale...
Funnily enough the more expensive one has the "cheaper" black wheels and is a 22 reg and the cheaper car has DC wheels and is a 23 year car. Both are priced over 90k.
The blue car at under 88k still has not shifted, so clearly the DV crowd are a bit ....hopeful lets say, thinking their colour, which I still cant describe other that pretty much black, is worth 5k more than blue. Time will tell, if indeed the owners are on here and share the facts after the sales.
If these cars are still for sale at the end of January, you'd assume all of them should reduce their respective prices
If the Ashbourne owner is on here please message as would love to take a look 🙂

scott hardy custard car... I think it started at 105k(?) is now down to 90k!

I really don't get how these aren't selling if there's now a 30 month waiting list as someone suggested on another thread...

I really don't get how these aren't selling if there's now a 30 month waiting list as someone suggested on another thread...
Not everyone wants the early model years. I wouldn't, but some people don't mind the odd dealer visits. My dealer is way to far away for me to pop in and out of. Only reason I can think of. If the waiting list is still 2 years + by 2024, the overs will be higher. If demand shrinks then they will begin to depreciate more. In North America, I don't think they will satisfy the demand for about 3 years.

Maybe it's the 30 months of orders of refundable deposits that keep people in the game...But ultimately, until anyone has to put their non-refundable money into the whole value of the car, it's all hypothetical

thursday is d-day for me I believe
I'm massively on the fence too and nowhere near the d-day you've got. But if you've got reservations at this late stage then pulling the plug won't be the end of the world. I mean, you can buy one off Autotrader for a few grand over list right now and that will be one of many that have been advertised for weeks....

Once you pull the trigger, if you don't gel with the car, you'll be the one on Autotrader amongst the others trying to hunt for £80k +++

weather must also be a factor.... heard the UK is in for a bad snow storm coming up. Doesn't exactly entice sports car shopping.

That’s my thoughts too. It doesn’t make sense. If I had a 2 + year wait, for a couple of grand over asking you’d surely jump at it.

There arent any main press reviews out there. There is no hype around the car.

'Normal' people won't even be aware of the Emiras existence and enthusiasts will have seen the early reviews and be split on whether it's right for them.

If they ARE interested they won't pay overs in this economic climate. Not when they can stick their name down on the list with a small deposit and wait, or buy a lightly used 718 GTS for 25-30k less.

Then you have your big money buyers that want supercar performance to go with the supercar looks. So they aren't looking at it either. They already have cars in the stable that are similar but ultimately better performing and with more prestige.

Considering Lotus have done all they can to make the Emira appeal to the masses, I honestly think they have shot themselves in the foot and actually madebit more niche. By not making it an out and out sports car that out handled and out performed the 718 for slightly less money they have a car that sits in this weird no man's land of appeal to potential buyers.

Been a bit of talk about F-Type on the alternatives thread and I think the Emira is more closely aligned to that as a proposition as a rawer sports tourer (despite the different engine layouts).

The private sale ashbourne DV (black) car has also reduced down quite a bit now, although the other older 22 car has not, people live in hope, but you will see another fortnight and the 95k preston car will be below 90 for sure and still wont sell. There are 4 cars now at 90k or LESS and 4 cars at above 90k including the 2 very unrealistically prices cars, one at 100k! I've said it various times, but its my thread so I will say it again, the car is not worth the prices many people are asking and the actual sales of used Emiras are testament to this. People vote with their $ not with their ideas on here of what they think its worth...
Apart from an outlier, of which we have no real solid evidence other than what a car dealer friend said *and they are known to be honest, the car currently goes for 5k over...simple as that and that in itself is going to decrease as more cars come on line. That is, IF lotus keep sending them out rather than pausing in order to make sure the cars are right and limit the potential of them coming back to the dealers and people being unhappy and further tarnishing their already tarnished reputation.
Clearly if out of these 8 cars, 6 sell and no more appear, the remaining 2 should be able to command a bit more, but if there is still poor demand, then they wont. The cars at over 90k are in dream land and not paying attention to the market or hoping to get a customer who has so much money he doesn't pay attention either! It happens, but its not going to be the norm. So surprising or not, the car is worth 85k currently and as I've said, when there are 3/400 out there on the roads (or in the repair shop.....) and 30 of them are for sale, its not going to fetch much more than 75k... sorry if this offends, but if at 87 a brand new car with 10 miles doesn't sell within a week and there are only a few others for sale; they are still fresh and people like to be the first, then common sense tells you ... a 3 4 month old car is not going for overs and is going in fact for unders, just like any other car at that time.
Add to this the early cars, with potentially having had some issues as they are having, real issues or perceived issues, actual issues or just tarnished by other cars issues, they are going to be avoided by some in favour of later cars in the used market and all of a sudden, you have a double depreciation there.
It is not that pessimistic to think a retail value 79k car after 5/6 months is only going to fetch 75k, with a change in registration plate in between and another one coming up at that point. In fact if I were honest I'd again be saying that same original 79k car will in less than 7 8 months be lucky for fetch 71k, especially when base cars come out and reviewers talk about the waste of money the various extras like Kef are. At 70k the FE becomes quite interesting, even to me, at 75/80.... I honestly dont think it is, clearly as I sold it rather than keeping it.

There arent any main press reviews out there. There is no hype around the car.

'Normal' people won't even be aware of the Emiras existence and enthusiasts will have seen the early reviews and be split on whether it's right for them.

If they ARE interested they won't pay overs in this economic climate. Not when they can stick their name down on the list with a small deposit and wait, or buy a lightly used 718 GTS for 25-30k less.

Then you have your big money buyers that want supercar performance to go with the supercar looks. So they aren't looking at it either. They already have cars in the stable that are similar but ultimately better performing and with more prestige.

Considering Lotus have done all they can to make the Emira appeal to the masses, I honestly think they have shot themselves in the foot and actually madebit more niche. By not making it an out and out sports car that out handled and out performed the 718 for slightly less money they have a car that sits in this weird no man's land of appeal to potential buyers.

Been a bit of talk about F-Type on the alternatives thread and I think the Emira is more closely aligned to that as a proposition as a rawer sports tourer (despite the different engine layouts).
You say "normal" people wont be aware of the Emira....
interesting...to know what "normal" is..... just playing devils advocate as far be it from me to disagree.. haha.. but does it matter about "normal" people? Sounds terrible, but I mean from Lotus's point of view, a "normal" person either does not have 80k to spend on a car, or they are so "normal" and better for them... that they dont care about cars or Lotus ...and probably wont be their target market.
What I am saying is, IMO all of Lotus's UK market, or 99% of it, as I said in my post, they have in fact already ordered or decided not to for. whatever reason. I dont think they have any more market left to aim at and so with so many on the waiting list, who is going to buy up these used Emiras. Of course you, or at least I, would have expected 5/10/15 to fly off the used car shelf, and its disappointing but perhaps a testament to the facts that they are not doing so.
We all thought the car was great value at 60k but none of us have a 60k Emira, we have an 80k emira (or did have) and thats a big difference in price/value! The current evidence suggests the car is not an 90k car even bypassing the 1 2 2.5 year waiting list..... The cancellations, how many we can only guess, suggest many feel its not even an 80k car, but we really need another 300 odd cars out there to determine the used value... Ive given my estimate, but the base price car will have its effect on this also.

Blimey - @emiraspain seems to have as big an agenda to smash the prices down as I have to keep them up :D

Maybe somewhere in the middle is right and the Emira will change hands at slight overs for ALL of 2023 and perhaps beyond.

The fact that there are overs at all in THIS very strange market condition is actually positive.
Depends how you spin it.

There is no evidence to suggest we will suddenly get flooded with Emira supply. There are too many logistic issues still. Plus, if the base edition price pops up then the FE might look even better value.

You say "normal" people wont be aware of the Emira....
interesting...to know what "normal" is..... just playing devils advocate as far be it from me to disagree.. haha.. but does it matter about "normal" people? Sounds terrible, but I mean from Lotus's point of view, a "normal" person either does not have 80k to spend on a car, or they are so "normal" and better for them... that they dont care about cars or Lotus ...and probably wont be their target market.
What I am saying is, IMO all of Lotus's UK market, or 99% of it, as I said in my post, they have in fact already ordered or decided not to for. whatever reason. I dont think they have any more market left to aim at and so with so many on the waiting list, who is going to buy up these used Emiras. Of course you, or at least I, would have expected 5/10/15 to fly off the used car shelf, and its disappointing but perhaps a testament to the facts that they are not doing so.
We all thought the car was great value at 60k but none of us have a 60k Emira, we have an 80k emira (or did have) and thats a big difference in price/value! The current evidence suggests the car is not an 90k car even bypassing the 1 2 2.5 year waiting list..... The cancellations, how many we can only guess, suggest many feel its not even an 80k car, but we really need another 300 odd cars out there to determine the used value... Ive given my estimate, but the base price car will have its effect on this also.
That is kind of what I was alluding to in my original post.

Lotus marketing has been poor. Originally they had a focus and pitched at "for the drivers" which was quite a strong campaign. But for reasons only known to Lotus they seem to have stepped away from this now. Either because of the initial press reviews on early cars where it didn't quite hit the mark as a pure drivers car, or maybe because Geely didn't want them to alienate non enthusiasts.

So what we have now is this weird Asian/Fusion marketing they have been pushing and treating the Emira (and Eletre) like a luxury good. A perfume or a luxury timepiece maybe.

And this is partly why deposit holder are dropping out. The car either isn't quite for them from a drivers perspective (hopefully 3rd party tuning will sort this, but not everyone wants to modify their 80k car)
OR due to lack of overall Marketing focus by Lotus customers dont know what 'tribe' they are joining.

Most consumers want to feel like they are joining an exclusive club. Not some global band of misfits.

Although ironically that could work if they marketed it properly... #theothercar

So what we have now is this weird Asian/Fusion marketing they have been pushing and treating the Emira (and Eletre) like a luxury good. A perfume or a luxury timepiece maybe.

And this is partly why deposit holder are dropping out.

My bet is that the vast majority of exits have been a result of the delivery delays, not marketing or any other factor.

Potential Emira owners, understandably, just don't want to wait two years to get a new car. The enthusiasm slowly diminishes. A new shiny thing catches the eye. A second-hand alternative suddenly becomes available . . . and so on.

My bet is that the vast majority of exits have been a result of the delivery delays, not marketing or any other factor.

Potential Emira owners, understandably, just don't want to wait two years to get a new car. The enthusiasm slowly diminishes. A new shiny thing catches the eye. A second-hand alternative suddenly becomes available . . . and so on.
Very true.
Those other shiny things available now have a clear identity and proven track record though. So definitely some cross over

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back