• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Didn’t realise yours was blue with the grey interior

Same as mine. Looks fantastic
great minds and all that.... question is if someone offered you 5 6 7k would you take it??? haha

As a capitalist I applaud the hustle.... As a car guy I can only shake my head.

Kinda want to punch the guy in the face and yet give him a handshake for making a profit in an hour.

Good informed video however.
Well all he did was buy a car with the plenty of spare cash he has, tried it, didnt like it and sold it...
I dont believe he bought it with the idea of selling it, but didnt like it much so moved it on.....
He'll sell his Urus soon enough.... after a few vids....

T H will take a bath on that £90k , was it £85k spec ?
No, it was spec'd on the road at 80,250 exactly.... and yes, they will loose money unless they find someone as dopey as they were....

Well all he did was buy a car with the plenty of spare cash he has, tried it, didnt like it and sold it...
I dont believe he bought it with the idea of selling it, but didnt like it much so moved it on.....
He'll sell his Urus soon enough.... after a few vids....
I know, I know - In reality it does not bother me... good for him. He should probably do a video on how to get on the VIP lists in the first place. That is a bit more difficult.

Can’t believe Tom Hartley paid £90k 🤣 he’s going to be absolutely inundated now - obviously didn’t check autotrader lol 😂 cud pick them up cheaper lol

As a capitalist I applaud the hustle.... As a car guy I can only shake my head.

Kinda want to punch the guy in the face and yet give him a handshake for making a profit in an hour.

Good informed video however.

I'm thinking he made nothing and did it for views.

I spoke with Tom junior not so long ago and he categorically said he wasn't interested in the Emira.

But who knows 🤷

I spoke with Tom junior not so long ago and he categorically said he wasn't interested in the Emira.

But who knows 🤷
T.H senior also no interest in Emira - whatsoever, rather a rude chap must be cos we’re not u tubers lol 😝

T H may have done him a favour as you say they wasn't interested in buying one from non u tube people, he may have bought loads of cars in the past from T H, just business then.

My car....resold within an hour.... to a foolish dealer who did no research on current prices and will no doubt loose money on it, or hardly make any, unless his customers also do no research, which is quite possible. Fair play, make 4.25k *not 5 as he said, in a few hours and you cant complain, and whats more, he didn't have to listen to all the crap on here for a year either. haha

No sympathy needed as the dealer is a multi millionaire and didn't do his job, so you get your reward.

Cleary the buyer of my car was not impressed in the 1-2 hours he had it and Im sure he didnt care too much about the 4000 rev limit either
The Yellow car...also discussed a little..at theLotus dealers....

could it be on sale or return?

So you couldnt sell it for more than 6k overs but then he resells it for more - doesnt ring true.

But who knows 🤷
It would defo be conceivable that they just put the £90k on the video to make the sound good (for views) and that TH actually paid the £86k. I can't see them bothering for £5k pre-tax profit if they get £95k for it, which I doubt they will.

I wonder how many times you can do that as a “private” sale before the tax man comes to have a look?

could it be on sale or return?

So you couldnt sell it for more than 6k overs but then he resells it for more - doesnt ring true.
Well, the first part that I could not sell it is true.... as who ever your god is, my witness.. hah
The second part, could well have been a publicity stunt... however, the car is with hartley for sale at 94,950.
Yes it could be sale or return, but would they do that...with such a small margin.... maybe.
I dont know these guys, or how they work, but the implication was they pay you the cash and job done... maybe someone has experience with them?

I can now see my car any time I want to.. haha

Well, the first part that I could not sell it is true.... as who ever your god is, my witness.. hah
The second part, could well have been a publicity stunt... however, the car is with hartley for sale at 94,950.
Yes it could be sale or return, but would they do that...with such a small margin.... maybe.
I dont know these guys, or how they work, but the implication was they pay you the cash and job done... maybe someone has experience with them?

I can now see my car any time I want to.. haha
There is no way T.H outlay £90k for a £5k profit absolutely no way would they pay £8-£10k over list to just make £5k that’s nonsense, he has not paid £90k for the car I call BS
He’s probably took of off his hands for RRP

Last edited:
There is no way T.H outlay £90k for a £5k profit absolutely no way would they pay £8-£10k over list to just make £5k that’s nonsense, he has not paid £90k for the car I call BS
He’s probably took of off his hands for RRP
100% agree with you. Depending on how they finance things, there will be finance costs if they use stock finance, there are valeting/prep costs, business overheads, second hand margin fees (VAT). Plus on top of covering all these costs, they need to make some profit and haven't built the business to that extent by not knowing what they are doing!
Some kind of deal has been done with the uploader either reliant on Youtube revenue to make up the shortfall or he has taken a business decision to offset his losses against future Youtube revenue. As dodgy as the Harry/Schmee (we have no commercial link to Lotus) reviews methinks!

I spoke with a well known dealer who VERY recently sold an Emira for £94500 so they are selling at higher prices too. Spec may be one factor, quality of dealer another.
Most will be listed on Sale or Return/Consignment.
Some dealers charge £6k for this, others might negotiate this down a lot.

He also said he sold a car before it was even listed at a similar price.
These are still rare cars and further delays will keep interest high. Some people obviously don't mind spending top dollar for a car, even with another spec 8k cheaper! Mad but it IS happening.

Not seen a red car come up yet. They might command a decent premium over the green, yellow and blue cars we have seen.

I spoke with a well known dealer who VERY recently sold an Emira for £94500 so they are selling at higher prices too. Spec may be one factor, quality of dealer another.

These are still rare cars and further delays will keep interest high. Some people obviously don't mind spending top dollar for a car, even with another spec 8k cheaper! Mad but it IS happening.

Not seen a red car come up yet. They might command a decent premium over the green, yellow and blue cars we have seen.
Just wanted to add... at least here in Toronto, a lot of the luxury pre-owned dealers have a client list that only deals with them. Usually because they can not receive typical financing from regular banks (out of country income/cash deals/non-resident etc.) So they do have access to a different type of cliental, that are affluent but perhaps do not fit into the parameters of "normal" bank lending guidelines. They pay a bit extra for certain abilities that traditional dealers sometimes can not do. I do not disagree that the Emira order book is stretching past 2 years at the moment. At least in N/A I am fairly certain it is.

Yes, that could be the case, but I dont think it is the norm. (by the way I PM'd you and you've not answered, I dont bite... haha)
As our Canadian friend said, some dealers have a client list and some of these clients may not even bother to check how much the car is new RRP or how much it is on Autotrader for example, but I dont think this changes the actual overall value of the cars, these are just outliers IMO. The 2 private sale blue cars were sold for 5k over and the current private blue car is aiming for 6.5/7 but I am sure will accept 5k and its been a couple of weeks now which indicates this to be the true value and not 87k.
The Yellow (apparently the best resale colour someone said????) has now been for sale for what... 5 6 weeks at the dealer who bought it from private at again, 5k overs *so thats about 4 cars sold at 5k over at this point in time, confirmed by the actual seller himself, including myself and 2 others on here. The dealer with the yellow car clearly does not want to lose money and is holding out for his 5 6k, instead of admitting a mistake and moving it on. I personally think he wont get more than 2 or 3, if that.
JCT600 has had their car now for about 5 weeks too and still no sale< I believe they have already reduced the price once.... and thats a main lotus dealer...with finance available etc, so once again, the logic is that the car is simply not worth 93/92/90 and is only worth what people are paying and apart from the odd outlier, which you mention, that puts them at around 85k at the moment and thats for the first 5 shifted. The following 5 have not shifted at all and only when they sell can we judge how the residuals are up until now.
The real story, which interests everyone are the residuals in another 4 5 months. If the car is currently at 5k over, well logic dictates once they are not so rare and 10/20 have been resold and with another 30 odd on the market and with various owners with various needs to sell, well I've said it all before. I see a Summer of opportunities for those not in the queue to save themselves 5 6 k. Its the same for many makes of course, its just surprising when its a brand new car with supposedly xx,000 orders in place.