• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Eventuri development

Lmao. I feel the same. I chucked mine and used zip ties instead. Speaking of stuff falling into the engine bay…, I’ve got my washer fluid cap somewhere down there in the abyss.
I once dropped a small magentic flashlight into the the abyss on my 3-Eleven, got side tracked with a phone call and forgot about it. Was at an autocross event a few weeks later and it came out to say hello around one of the corners -- slightly melted. lol

Lmao. I feel the same. I chucked mine and used zip ties instead. Speaking of stuff falling into the engine bay…, I’ve got my washer fluid cap somewhere down there in the abyss.
Hey, GRP has your replacement!

Reactions: GRP
These arrived today. Thanks to @GRP
Planning to wrap the tubing in gold foil as well

1723800107313.png

these will be installed by my dealer as part of the break in service so probably wouldn't be able to get these
Anytime I get a performance mod installed by a garage I always ask them if they could take some photos or a video for my build record. Most garages are happy to help. Worth an ask.

You can accomplish that just fine with silicone hoses. For example, I ran this turbo inlet on one of my Subaru STIs with no issues. It's multi layer silicone reinforced by a SS support wire:

View attachment 44712

And here are the silicone boost hoses on my 300ZX twin turbo.. No issues with melting or collapsing, even at 28psi and over 450whp.

View attachment 44713

Following up on this point because I just noticed the Emira GT4 uses a silicone intake hose. So yeah.. Not only possible but preferred for race vehicles.

1000027702.jpg

Following up on this point because I just noticed the Emira GT4 uses a silicone intake hose. So yeah.. Not only possible but preferred for race vehicles.

View attachment 51314
the GT4 also uses a larger throttle body and larger SC. Just saying anything is possible, but reaching out for a quick solution will not always be compatible.

You can accomplish that just fine with silicone hoses. For example, I ran this turbo inlet on one of my Subaru STIs with no issues. It's multi layer silicone reinforced by a SS support wire:

View attachment 44712

And here are the silicone boost hoses on my 300ZX twin turbo.. No issues with melting or collapsing, even at 28psi and over 450whp.

View attachment 44713
Is there a recommendation for the hose to replace the stock on the Emira?

The thing is, you have to have that connector for the evaporative hose, so you'd somehow have to come up with a way of attaching that, and do so without introducing other issues. It's obvious from Eventuri's solution that it was an important issue, and they spent a lot of time and money coming up with the right solution for that whole tube.

Anyone else find the eventuri sound is pretty minimal? I thought this car would really hum with it, but, I find it almost unnoticable.

I just have a drop in K&N filter and think it sounds similar to the sound clips I’ve heard of the eventuri. Basically a sharper sound under full throttle. It’s not extreme.

the GT4 also uses a larger throttle body and larger SC. Just saying anything is possible, but reaching out for a quick solution will not always be compatible.
It’s obviously a known choke point that improves performance but maybe not so good for fuel consumption. I wonder if the throttle body came from a different Toyota model or a one off. Often they can be sourced from existing cars.

Have you noticed any difference in performance?
I did the filter and 3rd cat delete together. Definitely sounds MUCH better and feels like it generates more power. I believe that these air flow mods make a bigger difference on forced induction setups than NA. However without a dyno it’s hard to say for sure.

I have no concerns with power. There is plenty of torque and power under full throttle for me at least.

I did the filter and 3rd cat delete together. Definitely sounds MUCH better and feels like it generates more power. I believe that these air flow mods make a bigger difference on forced induction setups than NA. However without a dyno it’s hard to say for sure.

I have no concerns with power. There is plenty of torque and power under full throttle for me at least.
Yes. I can second this. The improved performance is def. felt. Parctically no lag off the start, and pull hard though the linear power range.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back