• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Exhaust Tip Swap Match up

brainf18

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Black Pack option includes Black Exhaust Tips. The non black pack cars come with a brushed stainless tip. Rather than spending $400-500 in replacement tips it makes much more sense to swap out with another Emria owner who also prefers the opposite. If anyone is interested in swapping with another Emira owner they can connect here.

swap.png

I'll start...I have a black pack car and want the stainless tips. If someone would like to swap in a few months when my car is delivered PM and LMK.

Black Pack option includes Black Exhaust Tips. The non black pack cars come with a brushed stainless tip. Rather than spending $400-500 in replacement tips it makes much more sense to swap out with another Emria owner who also prefers the opposite. If anyone is interested in swapping with another Emira owner they can connect here.

View attachment 36736

I'll start...I have a black pack car and want the stainless tips. If someone would like to swap in a few months when my car is delivered PM and LMK.

Good idea - and if I do through with an I4 "not so soon" then might be throwing out an offer.
Chances good that exhaust tips are compatible - we'll have to wait.
I for one would be looking for black, got stainless.

View attachment 36736

Are we certain these are stainless? If so, why they look so dull? If these can be polished to look like some of the early pre-prod cars, I'd keep mine, but if not, I'll have my car in a month or so as well, and I might be willing to swap!

View attachment 36736

If you don't have any takers, I'm interested. US non black pack looking for black.

If you don't have any takers, I'm interested. US non black pack looking for black.
I have the black pack tips and potentially looking for silver. My car is waiting at the dealer now but I'll need to evaluate more when get car home. Right now I'm thinking I want to though.

Last edited:
And I know I don't want mine. I want either green heat anodized titanium tips or the black pack tips. So either way I'll be looking to trade mine for black.

The silver exhaust tips are actually titanium, not stainless steel.
I know they SAID that, but they've said a lot of things. They could have meant "titanium colored", or almost anything. They don't look particularly Ti, I mean you'd think they would have some heat discoloration if they were actually Ti and had been on a running car.

Also, surely the silver and black versions are made of the same material. It wouldn't make sense to have the "full black pack" be an additional charge that steps a hard part down from an expensive material to a cheap one.

My guess is that these are some sort of inexpensive rolled stainless.

[edit] I noticed that Komo-Tec sells these on their website. So I sent them a message to ask what material they're made of. Those guys can tell the difference, so I hope to have a real answer in the next day or so.

Last edited:
They feel light and scratchy like titanium. They can get warm, but never hot enough to cause discoloration. Stainless steel would seem a bit heavy to mount on those frail grilles, and they stain too :rolleyes:
240204-TailPipeTipLeft.jpg

Back