• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Non BLACK PACK exhaust tips??

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the exhaust tips on these final near production Emiras without the black pack? In the early cars, including the shadow gray one that toured the States, the exhaust finishers looked as you'd expect; They looked like a brushed kind of aluminum or polished chrome type thing... at least looking like metal. On the most recent photos of finished cars, the tips seem like a dull gray, almost plastic looking thing... like an unfinished product waiting for the cover to be slipped over it. Is that the finished product? Do they just not photograph well? I'd think, just like the black pack, the tips would match the finish of the LOTUS emblem. Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• CFD693EB-35B3-43BC-A9FA-ADCE8A54E316.jpeg
    CFD693EB-35B3-43BC-A9FA-ADCE8A54E316.jpeg
    552.7 KB · Views: 311
  • 4C1C5DA8-E123-47E1-A8AD-9DC9C23494CB.jpeg
    4C1C5DA8-E123-47E1-A8AD-9DC9C23494CB.jpeg
    470.3 KB · Views: 256
They are easy to swap, just three bolts accessed from the backside with the diffuser removed.
Can you remove them by just removing the lower diffuser? They look like it may be quite a fiddle, unless you also remove the rear bumper/diffuser surround that they're attached to?

I haven't actually tried yet myself

Jon

Need to remove the diffuser as noted above and then the muffler to get them out.

I'm interested. There's nothing else on the car that's this galvanized steel color so having those finishers looks unfinished.
I fully agree! It doesn't match the emblem chrome, or anything else on the car... it just looks like unfinished metal... I'm just surprised that they were left this way. They really look like an unfinished part.

I fully agree! It doesn't match the emblem chrome, or anything else on the car... it just looks like unfinished metal... I'm just surprised that they were left this way. They really look like an unfinished part.
Komotec has them for £500. I really hope it's for the pair.

Need to remove the diffuser as noted above and then the muffler to get them out.
Ah ok, that makes sense, I thought you meant you could fiddle them out without removing the muffler or upper diffuser.

PS, just received my alloy carpet anchors from you, very nice, thanks :)

Last edited:
I assume they're simply bolted to the diffuser grill from the inside and not physically attached to the exhaust pipes? I'm curious because I have a carbon diffuser coming and will probably have to swap them over when I install it. I despise cheap gloss plastic on cars and will likely eventually replace all the piano black trim with matte carbon or something similar over time.

Conversely, I seem to be in the minority and strongly prefer the satin finished exhaust finishers. They contrast much better with the dark rear end and give it more of a modern industrial look (think Carrera GT). Black just makes them disappear and polished chrome belongs only on hotrods or Harley's IMO.

I assume they're simply bolted to the diffuser grille from the inside and not physically attached to the exhaust pipes?
Correct.

Thanks for the manual shots. I have actually already had the lower diffuser & engine undertray off, when I did the first lube service @ 1300 miles, just wasn't sure if it was possible to wiggle the exhaust tips out around the upper diffuser panel and actual exhaust tubes, as I didn't try when I had it apart. Makes sense now to drop the silencer/muffler.

Attachments

• IMG_3551.jpg
    IMG_3551.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Correct.

Thanks for the manual shots. I have actually already had the lower diffuser & engine undertray off when I did the first lube service @ 1300 miles, just wasn't sure if it was possible to wiggle the exhaust tips out around the upper diffuser and actual exhaust tubes, as I didn't try when I had it apart. Makes sense now to drop the silencer/muffler.
You had these powder coated in gold to match your "JPS" detailing?

You had these powder coated in gold to match your "JPS" detailing?
(y) Actually Cerakote, glacier gold, (Glacier range is good for 1000 deg C / 1830 F)

But yes.

I agree on the gloss black plastic, not just the look, it also shows every speck of dust!.

Once they're all available, I will replace upper diffuser, rear wheel vents, rear fender intakes, sills, and all the stuff up front with carbon, much more forgiving (and pretier).... and will go with my badges :)
Not so bothered about the engine cover / surround.

Last edited:
Thanks for the confirmation the muffler needs to be dropped to replace the tips. Was looking for info as it looked like that may be the case and I just ordered a set of these, and BAM, the info I needed was posted today!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-13 213832.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-13 213832.png
    149.7 KB · Views: 74
Thanks for the confirmation the muffler needs to be dropped to replace the tips. Was looking for info as it looked like that may be the case and I just ordered a set of these, and BAM, the info I needed was posted today!
Those are gorgeous! Where'd you get them?

Those are gorgeous! Where'd you get them?
It's a pic from this add isn't it?

It's a pic from this add isn't it?

It is indeed.. but they don't sell those.
@Aerie

I am getting the full exhaust setup from Aerie and replace the stock silver tips ... otherwise I would have have to do something satin like T2F stated.