• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

GRP Emira Decat Pipes Now Available!

Yeah, day 1 of mine too, very happy (GRP product). I highly recommend buying the new gasket with the pipe, mine looked like old dirty solder after only 400 miles....
View attachment 44728
Yeah. I advise anyone doing this mod to also buy the gasket. I missed this and Lotus had to do a patch up of my OEM one. My bad.

We will measure with our shop car regardless once it arrives stock, with the decat pipe, with our muffler setup and again with the muffler and decat installed.
Anyone measured at 3750 rpm with decat only by now?

Just got the grp bypass pipe.... gonna install at my first oil change.... is there any nuances to the installation... to make it easier to do.... ? If I can get some install pearls.... tnx in advance

James R

Just got the grp bypass pipe.... gonna install at my first oil change.... is there any nuances to the installation... to make it easier to do.... ? If I can get some install pearls.... tnx in advance

James R
Yep. Make sure you have an exhaust flange gasket. The one coming off the current CAT is unusable.

James R
I tried to "be a man" for 10 minutes attempting to get the cat out of the muffler and it would wiggle but not separate. Finally sprayed some PB on the joint, had a beer, and then in one pull it came right out. Make it easy on yourself.

My gasket was hammered after only a few hundred miles and I took a pick and 3M green pads to make sure all of the gasket material was off of the y-pipe before reassembling.

Greg's directions on the website are spot on.

Anyone measured at 3750 rpm with decat only by now?
Not yet. I will when my pending parts are delivered. I couldn't find the right allen socket last time and substituted a torx instead - bad idea - ruining multiple bolts on the underside. The measurements will need to be done with full underside installed, just like how it will be done at the vehicle inspections in Japan.
No ETA, but when the parts arrive, I will need to redo the OEM measurements, as the car has since "matured" and the weather has changed too. My neighbors will not like this 😆

1719322448269.png

If anyone can do something similar, that will be great (my neighbors will thank you). The individual decibel readings do not need to be really really really accurate - no need for an expensive, fully calibrated sound level meter. The delta is what I'm looking for.

Not yet. I will when my pending parts are delivered. I couldn't find the right allen socket last time and substituted a torx instead - bad idea - ruining multiple bolts on the underside. The measurements will need to be done with full underside installed, just like how it will be done at the vehicle inspections in Japan.
No ETA, but when the parts arrive, I will need to redo the OEM measurements, as the car has since "matured" and the weather has changed too. My neighbors will not like this 😆

View attachment 46629

If anyone can do something similar, that will be great (my neighbors will thank you). The individual decibel readings do not need to be really really really accurate - no need for an expensive, fully calibrated sound level meter. The delta is what I'm looking for.
Interesting that your measurements show Track to be 3db quieter than "road-going" modes (halfway up the range) ... I wonder if the valve actuation is tuned for places like the UK, where circuit noise limits are lower 🤔

Yeah, day 1 of mine too, very happy (GRP product). I highly recommend buying the new gasket with the pipe, mine looked like old dirty solder after only 400 miles....
View attachment 44728
Where I can get that gasket ? I have pipe
In the box and valve controller . I didn’t installed hey my pipe. I understand I need this gasket right ? Is there anything else I need it too ?

Interesting that your measurements show Track to be 3db quieter than "road-going" modes (halfway up the range) ... I wonder if the valve actuation is tuned for places like the UK, where circuit noise limits are lower 🤔
I was puzzled with that too, but didn't give it much thought after realizing that I had ruined some hardware.

My objective is to see how far off the decat pipe would bring us from vehicle inspection standards (3,750 rpm in Tour mode, including burbles and pops after lifting off the gas), so you can see that I had not continued to measure the higher revs in Sport and Track modes.
1719327441876.png

Last edited:
Removal of the “underfloor” cat (3rd cat) was specifically called out in the USA warranty handbook. It voids the warranty. Otherwise Lotus offers 8yrs 80k miles on certain emissions items.

In the box and valve controller . I didn’t installed hey my pipe. I understand I need this gasket right ? Is there anything else I need it too ?
I purchased a spare gasket from GRP with the pipe.

You can also ask your Lotus dealer if you're not comfortable with ordering a third party part. The OEM part was not that expensive - it's just an exhaust gasket.

Just brand really. They are both a bolt in straight pipe that achieves the same thing.
Millteks are made in the UK while ours are made here in Reno NV.

what about when paired with your TI exhaust?

will having two different materials matter?

do you have a TI version of the 3rd cat delete?

Back