• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

GRP Titanium Exhaust going on the Stradman's Emira

Nice. This is one of the things on my short list for mods. Anxious to see the final results.

Reactions: GRP
More Ti systems will be ready in about two weeks!

Sounds great....BUT...it also sounds like it lost the overrun cracks and burbles that the stock exhaust with 3CD has. 🤔

Sounds great....BUT...it also sounds like it lost the overrun cracks and burbles that the stock exhaust with 3CD has. 🤔

That's with the 3rd cat delete. I wish he could calm down and not constantly yell at the top of his lungs like some overhyped sportscaster. It's gets old really quick.

The burbles and cracks are still there. I can hear it in the video. What I've observed is that the overrun burbles don't happen as much in sport/track modes, especially when driven aggressively. If you are pushing the car and upshifting into the 5000/6000 RPMs, then the engine runs fairly clean. But if you are just driving around town with your shifts between 2000-4000RPM, the overrun burbles are plentiful.

There is definitely still the overrun crackle and burble there but maybe not as much at higher rpms like @Nova mentioned.

We will be doing a baseline dyno next week on the shop car during our intake shootout.
When we go back again we will do another one with the titanium exhaust installed. We dont have that scheduled yet but it will hopefully be soon!

I'm really on the fence with this one.
Aside from the weight savings, a nice bump in power would convince me to go for it

I'm really on the fence with this one.
Aside from the weight savings, a nice bump in power would convince me to go for it
You would have to be seriously convinced that an aftermarket exhaust could cause a catastrophic event to the engine to not go ahead with this. And if you think that is possible, it doesn’t say much about the lotus(Toyo) engine. This is my forth Toyo engined lotus car. And I did and do EVERYTHING that the after marketers provide. And I’ve never had a squeak of a problem. Stop denying yourself just because Lotus could be a bit of a arsewipe I case of a warrenty claim. I’ve done the Cat del and cold air so far…and it’s a significant improvement over its factory mode.

I'm also very interested in the GRP exaust. It's on my list for the winter mods. New exaust and a lithium battery (for weight saving)