• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Gt4 rs

The GT4 RS is faster on track than most 700+ BHP cars ;) Power isn't everything.

The amg m139 engine has already been tuned to 470 bhp with 550 nm.
Unfortunately not by Lotus !! Apparently we only get 360HP to suit their required characteristic, unless you’re Chinese, who get 400 because they must somehow need to drive differently 🤔

I agree power isn't everything.
But with a lightweight i4 dct box front splitter rear wing, the ingredients are there to upset some people.
But will lotus make the 🎂

GT4 will be £100k+ base price UK, add extra and easily £110k compared to Emira v6 £80k or I4 possibly £65k when specced. GT4 is another price level and a long wait even if not limited. Where do you stop. Many lotus will be sold based on looks, decent performance and a fairer price

Yes the truth is you simply can't buy a gt product car in the UK unless you have purchased 10 cars in the last 6 months that may get you on the waiting list still no guarantee of a car, or you are sleeping with the dealer principle.
Or you are certain you tubers.

Great car no doubt, but I really dislike the whole buying process surrounding GT Porsches, where you have to be one of you local OPC's chosen ones to be deemed worthy of one of their precious cars. Utter bollocks. If I buy your car I am doing you a favour, not the other way around.
THIS /\ is 95% reason I'm buying the Emira. I like the way Lotus is dealing with the order book so far... and dealers seem proper petrol heads. So it's a win win for me at the moment.

THIS /\ is 95% reason I'm buying the Emira. I like the way Lotus is dealing with the order book so far... and dealers seem proper petrol heads. So it's a win win for me at the moment.
You mean by keeping the people with deposits completely in the dark as to what is happening? Very different in the UK I suppose than in N America.

Why is anybody left in the dark? Prices are known, specs are known, configurator is online, etc. Of course there are some rumors, but that‘s quite normal I guess. And maybe one or two questions left as well, but I think that everybody will be informed about all the important details before committing to the order.

Why is anybody left in the dark? Prices are known, specs are known, configurator is online, etc. Of course there are some rumors, but that‘s quite normal I guess. And maybe one or two questions left as well, but I think that everybody will be informed about all the important details before committing to the order.
Agree.

Hypothetically, the only way someone is going to feel left in the dark is if they miss out on something real.

Like you know people at other dealers (in the US) that placed deposits #GotInLine before and after you and then nobody explains how the line actually worked, etc…

Does the country have an allotment?
Does each dealer have an allotment?
What is that based on?
What date and dealer combination would have been best? (Because most of us would have just shipped the vehicle to be earlier in line…)

So, being that none of this has happened yet, we are all in the waiting stage (in the US).

#ForTheWaiters #ForTheImpatient
#ForTheStory #ForTheDrivers

I might be missing something.
In Spain the Configurator is online, but prices are not. They showed for a couple of days and then disappeared till now. Even the Extra Cost options were never priced in the Configurator.
And on top if that, mystery about wether they will start delivering on or two months after they start in UK, or later.

Do you guys in Germany get all this info fro Lotus or from the dealers?
Good be nice to know, because my dealer keeps on saying no info.
thanks

Well, in Canada, I have no idea when I will see an actual car. No idea when the cars will be shipped. No idea if it will be making the rounds like in the US. No idea how many will actually be coming in to the country. The dealers don’t know either, so I call that being left in the dark. The only correspondence from Lotus is to basically say, thanks for the deposit, you’re important to us.

Well, in Canada, I have no idea when I will see an actual car. No idea when the cars will be shipped. No idea if it will be making the rounds like in the US. No idea how many will actually be coming in to the country. The dealers don’t know either, so I call that being left in the dark. The only correspondence from Lotus is to basically say, thanks for the deposit, you’re important to us.
Other than to say “thanks for your deposit”, there seems to be little else coming out of Lotus. No communication, no regular prototype development updates, nothing. The only thing they're managing at the moment is silence. Poor, and really not a good start for those of us new to the brand, the ones Lotus really need to keep onboard to make Emira work.

You mean by keeping the people with deposits completely in the dark as to what is happening? Very different in the UK I suppose than in N America.
I'm an ordinary Joe that has worked hard to finally buy THE car to drive as much as I can. That dream car was a GT3 touring or a 981/718 Spyder. But I cant get one. Is it because I didn't show interest early enough? No. Its purely because Porsche support collectors and flippers. Same reason I don't have a Rolex, even tho all I want is an Explorer 2 to use everyday as a tool watch (4 years still waiting)
So whilst Lotus keep supporting their moto of "for the drivers" I'm in and will forgive a little chaos in exchange for zero BS

Same story here I have worked to get in a position that I can finally buy a car and a watch to enjoy. I visited the porsche showroom to get politely told I have no chance of ever getting a gt product. That was nicer than being laughed at, at the rolex authorised dealer when I asked for a deep sea dweller. So I now where a omega which is technically a better watch anyway and have an emira on order. Strange world!!!! 😀

Same story here I have worked to get in a position that I can finally buy a car and a watch to enjoy. I visited the porsche showroom to get politely told I have no chance of ever getting a gt product. That was nicer than being laughed at, at the rolex authorised dealer when I asked for a deep sea dweller. So I now where a omega which is technically a better watch anyway and have an emira on order. Strange world!!!! 😀
I'm an ordinary Joe that has worked hard to finally buy THE car to drive as much as I can. That dream car was a GT3 touring or a 981/718 Spyder. But I cant get one. Is it because I didn't show interest early enough? No. Its purely because Porsche support collectors and flippers. Same reason I don't have a Rolex, even tho all I want is an Explorer 2 to use everyday as a tool watch (4 years still waiting)
So whilst Lotus keep supporting their moto of "for the drivers" I'm in and will forgive a little chaos in exchange for zero BSechomthose comments
Echo both yours and Leonard’s comments. I’m at the age where I have no mortgage and can afford a super car a nice Rolex.. but like you two it’s so very difficult to obtain them. The Emira is our car, the attainable car with no pretensions, good luck to Lotus I hope they knock this car and future cars out of the park and become the brand where anyone can buy the car.

Agree with your Porsche sentiments gents, I’ve had 6 911s over 30 odd years which apparently no longer makes you a worthy customer 🤷‍♂️ frankly Porsche and their nonsense can piss off! 😁 have high hopes Lotus will be more an enthusiasts marque. On the Rolex front, I may be one of the few that gives my AD 👍.

I visited my local Porsche dealer today to drive some Caymans and asked about the GT4 RS pricing. I was told they expect it to be "market adjusted" to around $220-240k!!!
Yup I'm sure we won't see these on the secondary market in the UK for less than £180k