• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Gt4 rs

Doesn't matter how much it is you will never get one or at least in the UK you won't anyway. Numbers will be tiny.

You have to admire the quality though, it really is outstanding

Quality - hmmm. Perceived quality is certainly high but appearances can be deceptive. This happened to quite a few previous gen GT4s. I have never ever heard of major structural failure on any modern Lotus.

caymangt4frontstrut.jpg

And that is before we get into bore scoring, IMS bearing failure, RMS failure etc on thousands of older Porsches with chocolate engines. Porsche quality simply isn't always all it is cracked up to be.

They are totally different cars. Not to mention the $250000 GT4RS is more than double the price of Emira.

400HP on wheel? My GT86 only has 165HP on wheel although TOYOTA claimed that it would have 200HP.

Other than to say “thanks for your deposit”, there seems to be little else coming out of Lotus. No communication, no regular prototype development updates, nothing. The only thing they're managing at the moment is silence. Poor, and really not a good start for those of us new to the brand, the ones Lotus really need to keep onboard to make Emira work.
400HP on wheel? My GT86 only has 165HP on wheel although TOYOTA claimed that it would have 200HP.

I’m new over here and read posts of this thread and feel like I’m in the right place. I drove a GT4 at the Porsche experience in LA. It’s a great track car but just isn’t me. I’m not crazy about how it looks. The interior was pretty Spartan as well. Maybe it’s that I had to drive a PDK when I’m a manual guy. I think the GT4RS will be great for people who can get them and want to as fast as possible on the track. I’m just not one of them.

I’m new over here and read posts of this thread and feel like I’m in the right place. I drove a GT4 at the Porsche experience in LA. It’s a great track car but just isn’t me. I’m not crazy about how it looks. The interior was pretty Spartan as well. Maybe it’s that I had to drive a PDK when I’m a manual guy. I think the GT4RS will be great for people who can get them and want to as fast as possible on the track. I’m just not one of them.
You do sound like you’re in the right place. Welcome!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Just stop. The Emira GT4 won't even touch the GT4 RS, let alone some GT version of the I4 Emira. The GT4 RS lapped the ring in 7:04.5!! And even if Lotus had some magic fairy dust to make it happen, we'd never know since Lotus refuses to run their vehicles on the ring. 🙄

I love the Emira, but it literally only has its exterior looks going for it and the fact that it's offered in manual trans. It's not breaking any records, just necks! 😉
and wallets...lol...

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Just stop. The Emira GT4 won't even touch the GT4 RS, let alone some GT version of the I4 Emira. The GT4 RS lapped the ring in 7:04.5!! And even if Lotus had some magic fairy dust to make it happen, we'd never know since Lotus refuses to run their vehicles on the ring. 🙄

I love the Emira, but it literally only has its exterior looks going for it and the fact that it's offered in manual trans. It's not breaking any records, just necks! 😉

Yes, but the GT4 RS hasn't broken any records either. ;)

Quality - hmmm. Perceived quality is certainly high but appearances can be deceptive. This happened to quite a few previous gen GT4s. I have never ever heard of major structural failure on any modern Lotus.

caymangt4frontstrut.jpg

And that is before we get into bore scoring, IMS bearing failure, RMS failure etc on thousands of older Porsches with chocolate engines. Porsche quality simply isn't always all it is cracked up to be.
Yes, this was quite well known with 981 GT4s, most possibly those that ran over kerbs often!

Having owned 7 Porsches over 15 years, I moved on, but not due to the blockers faced by earlier posters, but simply because post-997 911s are behemoths that one cannot really enjoy on the road and have a hope in hell of keeping one's driving license.

Back in the early 2000s, here in the UK, Porsche quite happily offered full warranties on cars that were imported from Germany, as was the case with my 993RS.

Haven't ruled out owning a 997.2 GT3 (RS) just yet though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob