Harry's Garage videos - visit to Hethel and Matt Windle interview, Emira collection and drive

Would be nice if they actually tell us what build number we all are so at least we would have a clue as to where we are in the queue as compared to Harry being 333
As they complated 191 cars to date, Harry was probably pushed forward.

so..... just makes me feel I did the right thing getting out, order list not being followed.... about time he came on and said something.... this should of been done months ago, but much much more should of been done months ago.........sorry for the guys still waiting.... I still miss the idea, i was going to own one, a new car.... dont think I will have that chance now, looking how things are :( :)

Anyone got a factory tour planned who can reference the completed cars from datum of 10th? Let us know please share…

21 cars a week the current rate or is it still 4 day working as it was earlier in the year? If so 12 😳

Production figures:

View attachment 9829

Only 191 out versus 817 planned.
So 191 cars fully completed but it would appear that most of those have gone/going to markets outside of the UK and then I guess the dealer cars are included in that too, so even if they get 25% of the originally planned cars off the production line in 2022, I can't see this translating into many RHD cars this year....LHD seem to be dominating the rollout

can't go wrong with Eibach and Bilstein! I've put that combination on almost every car I've owned..:) And you can see the challenges faced trying to get steady production up and running. That's a challenge even when everything is going right!! Seems like the Lotus team is giving it their best effort and we should applaud them for that!

Would be nice if they actually tell us what build number we all are so at least we would have a clue as to where we are in the queue as compared to Harry being 333
Except they are not building in sequence, so that wouldn't help. All those cars going to EU and China, plus other markets in parallel with UK. Even within UK, Harry is 333 out of 191 completed cars - how does that work? Mine is #20 but not even started build yet.

Except they are not building in sequence, so that wouldn't help. All those cars going to EU and China, plus other markets in parallel with UK. Even within UK, Harry is 333 out of 191 completed cars - how does that work? Mine is #20 but not even started build yet.
You know the answer to that one buddy… if 4 day running / building and even if they achieve target of 8 a day in the next few weeks; these first 400 are going to take some time

Yeah I'm pretty sure I was before Harry's order date too and get bumped behind it.
Bit of a pisstake really, but I don't have a YouTube channel to promote it I suppose...

After the reveal and before Goodwood. He was at Hethel for the reveal.

Edit: so 333 could be correct, as about 500 deposits placed before Goodwood started.

24:35 They're running with move up times at 22 mins but trialling to get to 17 mins. I'd understood previously they'd been saying they were already working at 17 mins.
He actually calls is "takt" which interestingly (to me atleast) is a Porsche Continuous Improvement term 🥸

After the reveal and before Goodwood. He was at Hethel for the reveal.

Edit: so 333 could be correct, as about 500 deposits placed before Goodwood started.
Just curious if he was before or after me - my deposit was placed 23:15 on 7th July

Many of us on here were before Harry, I was told I was about number 240

My takeaways:

• Great video - really makes one realise the sheer amount of work involved to build a car
  • Lotus have really been up against it - they are as unhappy about this delay as us, possibly more so as it is costing them serious bucks. Frustrating for all but it all made sense to me
  • A lot more manual work than I thought - no idea if this is good or bad though
  • We need to understand the issues and be patient - as hard and frustrating as that is
However,. there is still no getting away from the lack of clear comms and feeling like we have all be shunted down the line somewhat.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back