Harry sells his Emira

To me it’s very simple, You buy what makes you happy and enjoy it, in the end everyone is full of SH_T.. I have a Z06 in production and a few of my car friends make jokes about me wearing New Balance and Jean shorts which I don’t!. F them my car purchases have to please 1 person & that is me & the same should go for you too. Emira is a sports car that very few car manufacturers are willing to produce, then you add a manual mid engine with hydraulic steering good luck finding any others. Enjoy the car for what it does for you not for what it does or doesn’t for others.

Last edited:
To me it’s very simple, You buy what makes you happy and enjoy it, in the end everyone is full of SH_T.. I have a Z06 in production and a few of my car friends make jokes about New Balance and Jean shorts, F them my car purchases have to please 1 person & that is me & the same should go for you too. Emira is a sports car that very few car manufacturers are willing to produce, then you add a manual mid engine with hydraulic steering good luck finding any others. Enjoy the car for what it does for you not for what it does or doesn’t for others.
Nice call on the new balance and jorts. 😎 you should know the kids think NB is cool now.

Honda and Civic Type R. Honda is Killing it with mainstream hybrids, and having fun with Manuals. If only Toyota or Honda bought Lotus the company over the years, helped with real quality components suppliers and production methods, provided drive train, and let Lotus do its clever engineering and dynamics . . . The Japanese executives could hide away the small loses for the chance to vacation at their private European racetrack, RHD for all.
I bought my daughter a Honda SI I had so much fun teaching her to drive in it I almost kept it. She loves it and takes care of it because it’s a smile on wheels. Side note none of her freinds or boy freinds have ever driven it sticks are foreign to them (as far as I know; us dads are not naive!) even with the lower specs than the type R put a great driver in one and most humans in any car would have a hard time keeping up on a course . SI’s are wicked little addictive cars.

When did Scott Walker quit? That's news to me, he's been with Lotus for decades if I remember correctly.

I personally don't really think about or care where Lotus is "headed". They already announced the Emira is the last of its kind, so no matter what happens their future is of no difference to me either way, at least not after the short warranty on my Emira is up. I never really understood brand loyalty. I buy products that fit my lifestyle. The Emira is the right car for my use case and I've been enjoying it a lot! Whatever they make next has no bearing on what I currently enjoy.
I agree. I buy cars that I am passionate about, not influenced by anyone but mine and my pocket 😀

To me it’s very simple, You buy what makes you happy and enjoy it, in the end everyone is full of SH_T.. I have a Z06 in production and a few of my car friends make jokes about New Balance and Jean shorts, F them my car purchases have to please 1 person & that is me & the same should go for you too. Emira is a sports car that very few car manufacturers are willing to produce, then you add a manual mid engine with hydraulic steering good luck finding any others. Enjoy the car for what it does for you not for what it does or doesn’t for others.

Dont ever be ashamed of your Jorts Fasttoys

they are unmatched in their rugged style while also being breezy and comfortable. They effortlessly bridge the gap between casual and laid-back cool. A true fashion statement for decades

Nice call on the new balance and jorts. 😎 you should know the kids think NB is cool now.
You mean I didn't have to buy that new pair of Puma Speedcats to replace my New Balance clown shoes?! Anyway, it's ok, now my new blue shoes match my blue car and at least I think I'm cool now!! :cool:

My Emira still fits my needs regardless of Harry's decision.

I ordered mine before Hary ordered his or did his review so his views have zero impact on me. I didn't buy this car as an investment, I bought it as a toy. There is nothing rare about the Emira and I expect it to depreciate to for a while, particularly as I put miles on it.

I think Harry saw this more as an "investment" than I did. Just seems like he chanegd his mind on the "investment" potential.

Nothing to see here. I'm going for a drive.
Well said. Feel the same , didn’t even know who Harry is until this thread 🤭😀

Reading in-between the lines - I don't think Harry believes Lotus is a viable company any longer. If you look at the recent events taking place with Lotus I have to agree, the future looks dreadful.

1. Chinese made EV's - Clearly the EU and USA/CAN are determined to stop the flow coming in. Not good for Lotus.
2. Mike Johnstone Head of Commercial operations - Quit
3. Scott Walker - Quit
4. Lotus no longer doing direct sales to customers - Fail
5. Emira and Eletre being offered with 0% financing - Clearly not selling well
6. First Edition Emira's being offered for 3+ model years!? ('22, '23, '24 and '25) - Outrageous in automotive terms, most auto companies do a refresh after 4 years!
7. Emia's have only been on sale in North America for 3.5 months, many plagued with the same issues since 2022. By the end of year we will see plenty for sale below MSRP.

And this what we know. I am certain that Harry has a lot more insider information that he did not disclose.

We need to start being honest with ourselves, I love what the car is on paper, but there are serious issues going on with this company. He even admitted, with Geely taking over there was an expectation that it would follow the similar line to what was done with Volvo. This is not the case.

While he didn't call out the Emira itself as a bad vehicle and praised the design team, he felt Lotus as a company is over. Jumped ship while he still could without loosing a ton on depreciation.
The US have spent US$1.5bn to train agents and journalists to announce propaganda negative news (undermining journalism!) against China year-on-year! So I wouldn’t fall for this, enjoy the car, I’m will collect mine soon because I’m a driver.…..

The US have spent US$1.5bn to train agents and journalists to announce propaganda negative news (undermining journalism!) against China year-on-year! So I wouldn’t fall for this, enjoy the car, I’m will collect mine soon because I’m a driver.…..
No doubt there is an Anti-china campaign. Has been for the last decade. Still doesn't change the 100% tariffs on Lotus EV's. Propaganda is one thing, but we are talking about government policies that are currently being enforced. I would love nothing more than to enjoy my Emira with peace of mind, believe me.

Harry doesn’t need the money from his YT channel, I think he does it mostly for fun.

His reasons for moving the Emira on did seem a little odd considering how much he liked the car when he first got it.

Reading between the lines, I suspect Lotus were unhappy with his Eletre review video and told him so, which has pissed him off and so decided to move on to another brand.

I’ve heard Lotus have upset quite a few people, plenty of their dealers included.

When did Scott Walker quit? That's news to me, he's been with Lotus for decades if I remember correctly.

I personally don't really think about or care where Lotus is "headed". They already announced the Emira is the last of its kind, so no matter what happens their future is of no difference to me either way, at least not after the short warranty on my Emira is up. I never really understood brand loyalty. I buy products that fit my lifestyle. The Emira is the right car for my use case and I've been enjoying it a lot! Whatever they make next has no bearing on what I currently enjoy.
A fair sentiment but what about the availability of post-warranty parts or expertise? I tend to keep my cars for the long haul so if there's a real question about Lotus existing as a going concern 10 years from now, I'd be... concerned.

Harry's tweeted to say that the video about his Emira replacement is going live at 5pm UK time today, will be interesting to see what he has to say as to why he's replaced the car.
I bought my 2024 Emira back in April 2024 and just traded in (mid-June) for a 2023 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE. Emira is a fun car to drive but it did not fit in my daily driving traffic conditions (specially with a manual transmission), nor my retirement plans. I tried and it did not work form me but I am sure it will work for someone else. As a matter of fact, car was sold the very next day I traded in :).

Last edited:
Most of the commenters in this thread are either fans or friends of the car. Hate to say it but your opinions are null and void without being an invested owner.

I wouldn’t read too much into that.
My status says Emira fan but I’ve owned mine for over a year.

Status sounds like something people have on social media, and there are few things I hate more than social media.

Most of the commenters in this thread are either fans or friends of the car. Hate to say it but your opinions are null and void without being an invested owner.

Would your opinion have been null and void 1 month ago when you didn't own an Emira?