• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Has LOTUS delivered a car in any country?

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Having watched a lot of videos of Emira, I am so curious about the delivery situation. Are these cars for media test drive only? My rep told me that my I4 verion Emira will be arranged on the production line before October 2024. No specific date.

"I put my deposit down directly with Lotus last month for a I4 version and was quoted a 60 week lead time."

This confuses me.

I placed my deposit for a FE i4 on 9th July 2021 and was initially told to expect a late 2022 delivery. Paid a 2k and a 3k deposit and then got an email saying it is going to slip into 2023, which I thought was fair enough given all the sh1t that's going on at the moment.

I have now got the email telling me it will be early 2023 before they will even be able to let me know when in 23 it will be built. so I am now thinking I am only going to see it mid to end of 23.

Just can't understand how they are quoting 60 weeks (Oct 23)for orders placed only last month, when that is what I am now expecting myself, having paid my first deposit 13 months ago.
Just checked again on their configuration and it still states 60 weeks. Very misleading if they know that it can't be achieved.
Screenshot_20220812-105132_Chrome.jpg

The Lotus website also says Emira First Editions are arriving "from Spring 2022", which hasn't been updated since it was published last year, despite now having 4 announcements about delays.

"Just checked again on their configuration and it still states 60 weeks. Very misleading if they know that it can't be achieved."

I hope that is in fact the case and that you do indeed get your car in 60 weeks. My post wasn't intended to be a sour grapes "how can he get a car so quick but I can't" kind of post.

I'm not even having a massive sulk at the further delay for me. I'm just trying to translate the mixed messages so I can plan ahead, such as deciding whether or not I need to buy a stop-gap car in the meantime.

"Just checked again on their configuration and it still states 60 weeks. Very misleading if they know that it can't be achieved."

I hope that is in fact the case and that you do indeed get your car in 60 weeks. My post wasn't intended to be a sour grapes "how can he get a car so quick but I can't" kind of post.

I'm not even having a massive sulk at the further delay for me. I'm just trying to translate the mixed messages so I can plan ahead, such as deciding whether or not I need to buy a stop-gap car in the meantime.
No offense taken at all. I'm new to this Emira malarkey and hadn't even heard of it until a month ago 🤣 Never owned a Lotus previously and don't have an in depth knowledge of the company.
It sounds to me that on top of all the pandemic crap and supply chain issues, they have been caught out with how successful the car has been. Still, no excuse for not updating their website though.

Putting my flak jacket on now.... Rumour is that the new R36 Nissan GTR will be out next year.

actually, while you joke, and I did laugh..... 😂 I actually would not be at all surprised if they did, or IF there were some changes between dealer and final cars, especially if people on here and else where give certain feedback to the dealers, which would be the touring people of course.
Even in Harrys video, there is a line where he talks about the car sitting/// or maybe the spings sitting lower on the sports than touring.... Id have to go back and see it, but I am 90% there was a brief reference to it.

100 nerds like me now busily opening youtube......
Can you imagine if these dealer test cars are NOT production ready 🤦🤣🤣🤣🤣

No offense taken at all. I'm new to this Emira malarkey and hadn't even heard of it until a month ago 🤣 Never owned a Lotus previously and don't have an in depth knowledge of the company.
It sounds to me that on top of all the pandemic crap and supply chain issues, they have been caught out with how successful the car has been. Still, no excuse for not updating their website though.

Putting my flak jacket on now.... Rumour is that the new R36 Nissan GTR will be out next year.
Rumoured £150,000 though.... 😳🤣🤣