• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Hello from Canada

Not to beat a dead horse here but the dealer has sent me a bill of sale and requires the $2500 deposit. It doesn’t state anywhere that it is refundable. What have you seen as far as paperwork stating the deposit is refundable? At what point does it become non-refundable?
It becomes non-refundable when you sign the paperwork for the actual build. The initial $2500 deposit just gets you a place in line.

Thanks. I submitted the deposit today. Dealer mentioned after today Lotus would not be taking any further orders. Not sure about that? Also mentioned we should be getting email from Lotus real soon. Anyway glad I should have a spot in line now.

Hello from Canada as well. Deposited back in July (I’d have to check the date). I’ve never owned a Lotus but have been a huge fan. Found out about the Emira by mistake.

There was an article 1 or 2 days after the launch that I found online (it was a fluke since I’m in Canada). Then after doing some research (which included drooling at the looks of the Emira), put down a deposit.

I definitely want either the Seneca Blue or Hethel Yellow. With full black pack. Most likely Touring. Definitely 6 speed. Still deciding on black rims or silver. I would love to see how the black rims look in person. I guess could always go silver and if I get tired of them, have them plasti dipped in black or something crazy like Bronze LOL.

Hello from Canada as well. Deposited back in July (I’d have to check the date). I’ve never owned a Lotus but have been a huge fan. Found out about the Emira by mistake.

There was an article 1 or 2 days after the launch that I found online (it was a fluke since I’m in Canada). Then after doing some research (which included drooling at the looks of the Emira), put down a deposit.

I definitely want either the Seneca Blue or Hethel Yellow. With full black pack. Most likely Touring. Definitely 6 speed. Still deciding on black rims or silver. I would love to see how the black rims look in person. I guess could always go silver and if I get tired of them, have them plasti dipped in black or something crazy like Bronze LOL.
Welcome, fellow Canadian!

Hi all. Following the announcement of the US price last week, i'm very anxious to get the canadian price, hopefully within the next 2-3 weeks...

I have called and put a deposit down the day the emira was unveiled in july, i'm 4th on the list at the Montreal dealership.

Never had a Lotus before, I've been a Porsche owner for the past 5 years, starting with a Cayman S and now a GT4 for the past 3 years. If the Emira can be as much fun as I hope it'll be, maybe the GT4 will lose the crown....

Last edited:
Hi all. Following the announcement of the US price last week, i'm very anxious to get the canadian price, hopefully within the next 2-3 weeks...

I have called and put a deposit down the day the emira was announced in july, i'm 4th on the list at the Montreal dealership.

Never had a Lotus before, I've been a Porsche owner for the past 5 years, starting with a Cayman S and now a GT4 for the past 3 years. If the Emira can be as much fun as I hope it'll be, maybe the GT4 will lose the crown....
Welcome aboard. I am anxiously awaiting more information specific to Canadian buyers. I am new to Lotus as well and have thought about a base 911 and the Cayman GT4 but the looks of the Emira appeal to me a lot more.

I know we are a relatively small group compared to other countries but hopefully we will hear soon on price as well as number of V6 first editions are coming to Canada. Following as many forums as possible to see how the process works. If I cannot get a V6 FE I am not sure when we will be able to spec the base V6's as well as delivery date expectations.

Thanks. I submitted the deposit today. Dealer mentioned after today Lotus would not be taking any further orders. Not sure about that? Also mentioned we should be getting email from Lotus real soon. Anyway glad I should have a spot in line now.
As of 3rd week of September, they were still accepting orders.

Welcome aboard. I am anxiously awaiting more information specific to Canadian buyers. I am new to Lotus as well and have thought about a base 911 and the Cayman GT4 but the looks of the Emira appeal to me a lot more.

I know we are a relatively small group compared to other countries but hopefully we will hear soon on price as well as number of V6 first editions are coming to Canada. Following as many forums as possible to see how the process works. If I cannot get a V6 FE I am not sure when we will be able to spec the base V6's as well as delivery date expectations.
The GT4 is a stunning car, even after 3 years I'm amazed everytime I wash it. But I suspect the Emira is going to stand out even more.

Debating Seneca Blue or Magma Red since a few weeks. hopefully i'll be able to see a paint sample of the Magma Red color.

The GT4 is a stunning car, even after 3 years I'm amazed everytime I wash it. But I suspect the Emira is going to stand out even more.

Debating Seneca Blue or Magma Red since a few weeks. hopefully i'll be able to see a paint sample of the Magma Red color.
I’m in the same boat. Deciding between Blue, Yellow or Red. I’m going between colours every day…still not sure. The colour is beyond important to me and I really want to see all 3 in person before ordering. Which is unlikely….but hoping they come to the US very soon so I can go across the border and see them in person. Wishful thinking. If not I’ll wait until they are out in UK and people post videos online.

Hello fellow Canadian Lotus enthusiasts
It has been difficult to get "real" information specific to the Canadian market. The UK and US seem to be much farther ahead with regards to pricing and details. I did just have a brief conversation with Gentry Lane in Toronto and they told me the V6 First Edition manual will be priced at $125,000 - but no details on exactly what specification that would have or what options are available and what they might cost. They didn't seem to know about when orders would need to be finalized or even whether all deposit holders would be able to get the First Edition. Not much of an update but considering how little info their seems to be on Canadian orders I thought I would share what I was told.
Hopefully there will be much more info coming soon.

It has been difficult to get "real" information specific to the Canadian market. The UK and US seem to be much farther ahead with regards to pricing and details. I did just have a brief conversation with Gentry Lane in Toronto and they told me the V6 First Edition manual will be priced at $125,000 - but no details on exactly what specification that would have or what options are available and what they might cost. They didn't seem to know about when orders would need to be finalized or even whether all deposit holders would be able to get the First Edition. Not much of an update but considering how little info their seems to be on Canadian orders I thought I would share what I was told.
125k before taxes, that would be a hard pill to swallow, the GT4 is 116k...

I think they would lose a lot of interest. To me the 110k mark seems more of the right call, to slot between the Cayman GTS and the GT4.

We'll see I guess, I would not pay 125k+tx. If that's the case, I'll wait for a less equiped version in 2023.

But I find it hard to believe considering the direct conversion USD to CAD is 118k. Most manufacturers tend to set their prices lower in Canada than in the USA.

I hope your right 125000 is a lot plus tax plus the liberal government charging another 20 percent luxury tax on everything over 100000.00. It’s gonna end up around 150000.00

Thanks for the info. Hopefully we will get more to share on these points in the coming weeks.

I agree as well $125k for FE manual V6 is too high for Canada. I really want the FE but at $125k I gotta seriously consider the GT4 and even a base 911. Could use the practicality of rear seats (even though they are barely useable). The Emira looks are the hook for me. I may also decide to wait to spec my own V6 and try to get to the magical $110/$113k mark. $130k all in is what I was budgeted for. Plus need to add on costs to PPF and ceramic coat.