Hethel Daily Build Numbers?

John777

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone know what the current build numbers are?
What are they currently building? V6 manuals ? v6 Auto? I4?
I want to order a v6 manual.
I tried using the Search feature but failed to find the information I'm looking for. In previous posts there were daily build numbers mentioned etc.

Let's say they built or are building 30?? Emiras a day and lets pretend they are v6 manuals. That would be 900 cars a month or 10800 a year give or take. I know it won't all be v6 manuals.. just trying to figure out build numbers.
I've been waiting about 2 years now with a $5k deposit here in Canada. I'm waiting on the base configurator to go live.... that they keep saying it will be up in 2 months then that deadline passes and another 2 months and so on..... now I hear August it should go live. Not holding my breath.

The numbers aren't adding up. I'm thinking they gotta be building at least 30 a day.. so what the heck is taking so long? I've been told I probably have to wait another year! Even if they only build 10 a day then that's like 3500 cars a year? It doesn't add up or make any sense. Why such delays and waits? Does anyone have an idea what's going on? I'm starting to lose faith..never thought I'd say that. Also reading some of these posts about how difficult Lotus is with warranty its making me nervous as i live 4hrs away from nearest dealer. My buddy sometime needs to flatbed his Lambo to Toronto when the local private shop can't fix something and its not driveable ...and it costs $2400 one way.. yikes.. Would Lotus cover flatbed to Toronto if the problem was found to be under warranty? I doubt it lol.

Last edited:
I tried using the Search feature but failed to find the information I'm looking for. In previous posts there were daily build numbers mentioned etc.

Let's say they built or are building 30?? Emiras a day and lets pretend they are v6 manuals. That would be 900 cars a month or 10800 a year give or take. I know it won't all be v6 manuals.. just trying to figure out build numbers.
I've been waiting about 2 years now with a $5k deposit here in Canada. I'm waiting on the base configurator to go live.... that they keep saying it will be up in 2 months then that deadline passes and another 2 months and so on..... now I hear August it should go live. Not holding my breath.

The numbers aren't adding up. I'm thinking they gotta be building at least 30 a day.. so what the heck is taking so long? I've been told I probably have to wait another year! Even if they only build 10 a day then that's like 3500 cars a year? It doesn't add up or make any sense. Why such delays and waits? Does anyone have an idea what's going on? I'm starting to lose faith..never thought I'd say that. Also reading some of these posts about how difficult Lotus is with warranty its making me nervous as i live 4hrs away from nearest dealer. My buddy sometime needs to flatbed his Lambo to Toronto when the local private shop can't fix something and its not driveable ...and it costs $2400 one way.. yikes.. Would Lotus cover flatbed to Toronto if the problem was found to be under warranty? I doubt it lol.
In the warranty you are covered for roadside assistance where they will flatbed the car to nearest dealer. (for 3 years)

As for daily builds I am not sure. Last number being floated around was 23 per day I believe. However they do not work Friday's and have three weeks downtime around x-mas I believe. I have also heard base config to come live in August. So far Canada has received around 220 cars, as per Nova's tracker. I expect a few more to trickle in, so let's call it 300 F/E V6 for Canada. Much higher than the original 70 from back in 2022. I would expect a similar number of base units to come into Canada going forward per year.

I do not think Lotus is producing 10K Emira's per year. It is probably closer to 5K per year. It seems they have satisfied for the most part world wide demand for the V6 at the moment. Most dealers seem to have 1 or 2 cars available to sale right now as some customers have backed out. Check on Autotrader as right now 9 are available for sale in Canada and I am sure a few more will pop up in the next couple weeks.

I’m about 3.5 hours as well, but I’m thinking if there’s an issue and I can drive, my closest dealer would be about 30 minutes across the border, a Detroit dealer. Possible an option depending on where you live.
Just remembered you are close to me. So an option as well

They make ~25 a day give or take and that’s 4 days a week. Figure 400 a month. The Hethel facility is making V6 auto and manual. I believe the other facility is making the i4. The most reasonable estimate from deposit now to build is ~18 months. So yes you have been in line for a bit but missing the FE cutoff puts you another 18 months out. Many who have a car placed a deposit in 2021 or early 2022. Good things are worth the wait.

They make ~25 a day give or take and that’s 4 days a week. Figure 400 a month. The Hethel facility is making V6 auto and manual. I believe the other facility is making the i4. The most reasonable estimate from deposit now to build is ~18 months. So yes you have been in line for a bit but missing the FE cutoff puts you another 18 months out. Many who have a car placed a deposit in 2021 or early 2022. Good things are worth the wait.
There isn't a separate facility for the i4, the Emira is only made at Hethel, all variants come off the same production line.

I’m about 3.5 hours as well, but I’m thinking if there’s an issue and I can drive, my closest dealer would be about 30 minutes across the border, a Detroit dealer. Possible an option depending on where you live.
Just remembered you are close to me. So an option as well
Thanks for all the responses.

Yes Lotus Detroit in Birmingham. I talked to the owners son about warranty. He said Lotus understands and will allow for service and warranty work but no flatbed/tow across border because it cause problems somehow. So if it's undriveable you have to flatbed it to Toronto. If it's covered for 3years under warranty then great.

In the warranty you are covered for roadside assistance where they will flatbed the car to nearest dealer. (for 3 years)

As for daily builds I am not sure. Last number being floated around was 23 per day I believe. However they do not work Friday's and have three weeks downtime around x-mas I believe. I have also heard base config to come live in August. So far Canada has received around 220 cars, as per Nova's tracker. I expect a few more to trickle in, so let's call it 300 F/E V6 for Canada. Much higher than the original 70 from back in 2022. I would expect a similar number of base units to come into Canada going forward per year.

I do not think Lotus is producing 10K Emira's per year. It is probably closer to 5K per year. It seems they have satisfied for the most part world wide demand for the V6 at the moment. Most dealers seem to have 1 or 2 cars available to sale right now as some customers have backed out. Check on Autotrader as right now 9 are available for sale in Canada and I am sure a few more will pop up in the next couple weeks.
The 10k was a hypothetical.
Anyways..
Most of those dealers are charging an ADM. I also haven't found the spec I want. I can barely afford it now.. let alone an additional ADM. 😆 Also if I'm gonna pay $160k all in I want to spec it out. So I'd rather wait I guess.

I can't stand the c8s ..dime a dozen.. but for 130k to 150k all in you get a 3lt loaded convertible.. air cooled seats..and they are amazing seats. So much bang for your buck with the c8 and you have a dealer network for warranty. 1LT start around 99k. Anyways its tempting and available. Even a loaded ZO6 can be had around 200k.

The 10k was a hypothetical.
Anyways..
Most of those dealers are charging an ADM. I also haven't found the spec I want. I can barely afford it now.. let alone an additional ADM. 😆 Also if I'm gonna pay $160k all in I want to spec it out. So I'd rather wait I guess.

I can't stand the c8s ..dime a dozen.. but for 130k to 150k all in you get a 3lt loaded convertible.. air cooled seats..and they are amazing seats. So much bang for your buck with the c8 and you have a dealer network for warranty. 1LT start around 99k. Anyways its tempting and available. Even a loaded ZO6 can be had around 200k.
I hear ya... What is your perfect Emira spec?

Some interesting info I got here for 2023/first quarter of 2024:

1Q 20241Q 2023% Change (YoY)FY2023
Lifestyle vehicles1,047236344%4,361
Sportscars1,14728-2,609
Total2,194264731%6,970

I have no data for 2022, but at least we know that 3756 Emiras were built already in this time period.

And if you extrapolate these 1147 of 1Q 2024 for the three coming quarters of 2024 you end up with 4588 units a year.

Last edited:
I hear ya... What is your perfect Emira spec?
I'm torn sometimes on colour.

Seneca (white maybe)
v6 manual
black top etc
Ice grey Interior
Leather Steering Wheel
Privacy tint rear glass etc
Touring Suspension
Yellow calipers

mods-

weather strip mod for seat
Front license bracket
DIY ceramic coating

After the 3year warranty 🫣
Maybe Blue Supercharger Cover.. red..yellow nice too..
3rd cat delete
milliteck controller
possible tune
Rear spoiler of some kind

That's about it.
If I win lotto.. new ecu.. titanium exhaust and more..

I'm torn sometimes on colour.

Seneca (white maybe)
v6 manual
black top etc
Ice grey Interior
Leather Steering Wheel
Privacy tint rear glass etc
Touring Suspension
Yellow calipers

mods-

weather strip mod for seat
Front license bracket
DIY ceramic coating

After the 3year warranty 🫣
Maybe Blue Supercharger Cover.. red..yellow nice too..
3rd cat delete
milliteck controller
possible tune
Rear spoiler of some kind

That's about it.
If I win lotto.. new ecu.. titanium exhaust and more..
Why wait for warranty for the engine cover and 3rd cat? The engine cover doesn’t affect anything and the 3rd cat is just an emissions device. I wouldn’t remove during break in but after that who would care?