I'm out - the cancellations thread

I hate living in NYCity. It sucks. Cost of living, high taxes, liberal mentality, etc....

But the one positive is that there are MULTIPLE dealers for every brand here.

3 LOTUS dealers less than 1 hour from my house. 3 Ferrari dealers 30-45mins away, 3 Aston dealers within 20mins , 4 Porsche dealers within 30mins, 2 Rolls dealers within 45mins, a McLaren dealer 20 mis away, two Lamborghini and Bently dealers 30 mis away, AND two Harley dealers 30min away, 2 Ducati dealers 30 mins away. And .....Rolex corporate 20 mins away to get my watches serviced by Rolex themselves by their own corporate service center.

Other than that, it sucks here in NYCity.

NYCity is perfectly suited for the Super wealthy or for those who don't work and are third generation of welfare benefits and public housing recipients. NYCity works for the super rich or Super poor, both of whom have a Liberal mindset.

So, how do you like New York?;) I was born there (Astoria General) and lived on Steinway Street for 3 years when we fled to Connecticut. Eventually, I fled to California, southern part, that is.

So, how do you like New York?;) I was born there (Astoria General) and lived on Steinway Street for 3 years when we fled to Connecticut. Eventually, I fled to California, southern part, that is.

I was sentenced to 25 to life to live here because of my business. ( self employed)

I was sentenced to 25 to life to live here because of my business. ( self employed)
I consider it a nice place to visit - to remind me as to why we fled the place. You can always do what my cousin did; he and his wife and kid packed up to move to Sedona, Arizona....talk about complete opposite living environment! Perhaps you will retire somewhere else.

Or re-labeld as the " bunch of quitters" thread.

After their next door neighbor or old college roommate pulls up in an EMIRA to show them their new LOTUS......we can upgrade those who cancelled into a "LOSERS" thread !!
Huh...I seem to remember you canceling at one point early on 🤔

So, for the most part, would it be correct to say that for most folks on this thread, if you were all less than 2 hours from a dealer you would feel more comfortable getting the Emira?

The new Lotus of DC (Rockville, MD) is still being built, likely by end of this year. It's about 30 minutes from me so just thinking through my own comfort criteria as well.

I'm hedging my bets with a Supra manual. Or keeping the S2000, but I want something new... Decisions decisions... 🧐

solution:

To avoid cancelation you can always move to Bilbao.

The dealer is literally 4 mins drive from my home.

I pass by every two or three days to check on my Emira.

Since it's never there, I probably got invited to more than 100 coffees by now, and counting!

So, for the most part, would it be correct to say that for most folks on this thread, if you were all less than 2 hours from a dealer you would feel more comfortable getting the Emira?

The new Lotus of DC (Rockville, MD) is still being built, likely by end of this year. It's about 30 minutes from me so just thinking through my own comfort criteria as well.

I'm hedging my bets with a Supra manual. Or keeping the S2000, but I want something new... Decisions decisions... 🧐
I'm.about 3 hrs from a dealer, but that's just one factor of a few I'm taking into consideration.

If I had a dealer very nearby I would probably have stayed. Mine is 2 hours away.

Perspectives........ Ferrari & Lamborghini owners have it NO better

Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 12.11.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 12.10.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 12.08.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 12.09.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 12.08.14 AM.png

Yes but Lambo, Ferrari and Aston buyers generally have many vehicles and typically do not plan to daily those types of cars. Arguably the SUV’s from these brands change that, but still think that those type of buyers have the money that they don’t care. Lotus Emira buyers for the most part aren't schmee or harry.

My only issue with dealer/service/parts is if I was going to daily drive the Emira. If not it’s is not that big of an issue.

I lived just off broadway, walk to Steinway in 3 mins, mid 90’s

Loved it. Hung out at the Colombian bar on Steinway. Ritmos 60’s

I lived just off broadway, walk to Steinway in 3 mins, mid 90’s

Loved it. Hung out at the Colombian bar on Steinway. Ritmos 60’s
in the 1990's NYCity was still very cool. That was because Rudy was mayor and cleaned up everything. Then we had Mayor DeBlazio the communist for two terms ( almost a decade) who made this place a crap hole again.

Thanks to all for the banter and information over the past few years but today my journey is finished.

I had delivery scheduled for 4th January and, as you can imagine I was excited to finally take ownership of my car.

Waited in all day as I was told it would be delivered at any time throughout the day and they could not give me a time.

By 10pm I thought, humm, I don't think I'll be getting a delivery today.

Next day, I phoned Lotus and asked for an update. Was told the car hadn't shipped because of transport / logistics issues.

When I asked for a manager to get back to me as I wanted to make a complaint, I was then told Lotus had 'just' noticed the car had a paint issue and delivery would be delayed.

I was thinking of writing to Lotus with a complaint, but what would be the point. I'm not interested in investing time explaining why their system is poor, customers are treated poorly and ultimately they are alienating people like me who were wanting to buy their first Lotus.

I am afraid my Journey with Lotus is now at an end as I am simply not Interested in the drama, incompetence and lack of care I have experienced from this buying process.

I just wanted a car, not to buy into a dysfunctional production family lifestyle.

For everyone still here I wish you all the best with your cars but unfortunately I will not ever be driving a Lotus.

For someone with an order for a Nimbus / no BP and alcantara black interior, you are about to get a call from CS. Buyer Beware!

Oh, and I also will be cancelling my Electre order and asking for my deposit back as I won't be engaging with this experience again. Upon reflection, I don't think I am the target demographic for New Lotus.

You’ve then already paid for the car, and they are returning your money without any problems?!!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back