I'm out - the cancellations thread

After much consideration, analysing my driving needs and expected daily use of the Emira I can’t commit to the checkout email for a January delivery V6. I’ve asked to be transferred to the I4 FE queue which was my original choice before being convinced to get a V6 earlier and will hopefully be placed on that queue, I’ll find out in the next few days.
Someone wil be getting a nimbus, black pack, silver wheels, black leather and red callipers earlier then they anticipated - enjoy.
@Leonard im out but not out out I hope.
Good luck. Hope Lotus start making moving allocations a bit easier to keep orderbook numbers.

After much consideration, analysing my driving needs and expected daily use of the Emira I can’t commit to the checkout email for a January delivery V6. I’ve asked to be transferred to the I4 FE queue which was my original choice before being convinced to get a V6 earlier and will hopefully be placed on that queue, I’ll find out in the next few days.
Someone wil be getting a nimbus, black pack, silver wheels, black leather and red callipers earlier then they anticipated - enjoy.
Have you been put at the back of the I4FE queue or slotted into your deposit order? Are Lotus guaranteeing the launch price if you change from V6 to I4?

Brillant, With Leonard and now you mines getting more and more exclusive in the Notts Derbyshire area 😁👍🏼

Have you been put at the back of the I4FE queue or slotted into your deposit order? Are Lotus guaranteeing the launch price if you change from V6 to I4?
All those questions I don’t truly know. I would hope as an early depositor they do the right thing and guarantee the price. Whether I’m at the back of the I4 Q I don’t know but I expect other i4 depositors to back out as interest rates rise therefore elevating me in the Q.

Hopefully Lotus get you into an i4 sometime "soon".... but in all seriousness, I do hope they help the early depositors out.

All those questions I don’t truly know. I would hope as an early depositor they do the right thing and guarantee the price. Whether I’m at the back of the I4 Q I don’t know but I expect other i4 depositors to back out as interest rates rise therefore elevating me in the Q.
Judging by what TomE has been told re his order, it seems that you go to the back of the queue and you don't get a guarantee on the price. Although Tom has also mentioned that he is still waiting for a definitive answer on this, I believe.

Judging by what TomE has been told re his order, it seems that you go to the back of the queue and you don't get a guarantee on the price. Although Tom has also mentioned that he is still waiting for a definitive answer on this, I believe.
Does anyone have a guarantee on the price, what if I put another order in now for an I4 am I guaranteed that price. No one knows not even Lotus. If the price rises the used 992s and Vantages will be more attractive to me.

Does anyone have a guarantee on the price, what if I put another order in now for an I4 am I guaranteed that price. No one knows not even Lotus. If the price rises the used 992s and Vantages will be more attractive to me.
I agree, there's no guarantee with anything at Lotus but if Matt Windle's video link that was sent directly to early depositors, stating that he personally guaranteed that the price we were quoted was the price we'd pay, does not stand up, then I for one will be walking away.

I agree, there's no guarantee with anything at Lotus but if Matt Windle's video link that was sent directly to early depositors, stating that he personally guaranteed that the price we were quoted was the price we'd pay, does not stand up, then I for one will be walking away.
I hate to say it and I hope it won’t happen, but I will be in exactly the same position if the price is not fixed as originally stated. I will head towards other used performance cars or even the new M2 queue….

I believe the promise to hold the price was for those who had already either made a deposit, or placed an order by the time he made that video. It would be very surprising if they don't have to make an inflation adjustment going forward from that video onward. It's going to depend on whether or not Geely is willing to view the Emira as a loss-leader to get people into the brand, and count on their EV portfolio to be their profit generator.

I believe the promise to hold the price was for those who had already either made a deposit, or placed an order by the time he made that video. It would be very surprising if they don't have to make an inflation adjustment going forward from that video onward. It's going to depend on whether or not Geely is willing to view the Emira as a loss-leader to get people into the brand, and count on their EV portfolio to be their profit generator.
That's how I understand it to be too. And, as someone who made a deposit prior to the video, I expect the price to be honoured.

After much deliberation I've concluded that, despite being an early depositor (7th July 2021), and a promise of a Feb build/March delivery, I am going to withdraw for a number of reasons. The same applies to my order for a Cayman GTS 4.0 that I have had running alongside to hedge my bets.

Both cars deliver on the mid-engined, manual transmission, powerful sports car brief that I was looking for but, at £80K OTR, that is too much of a commitment now that interest rates have increased. It also seems that the expectations that I had for both of these cars in terms of residuals have been reset with the softening in the second-hand car market and the overall cost of ownership starts to look quite challenging for something non-essential. Servicing costs and nearest dealership being a 180 mile round trip are also a consideration. Additionally, being new, neither of these car could happily be pressed into action as a daily driver for me and, for that, I will stick with my Golf R.

I have, however, decided to go ahead with the purchase of a manual Cayman 981S with just 14,000 miles that is effectively half the price of the Emira or GTS 4.0 yet I believe will deliver 80% to 90% of real world driving pleasure - I appreciate that this is a very personal thing. It could also be more readily pressed into daily use if needed as its value is such that this is less of a concern and is covered by the Porsche warranty which I will extend in due course. With sports exhaust it sounds great, it is more compact and should depreciate less albeit only offering me 325 bhp but carrying less weight.

To all of you on the forum that go ahead with the Emira I wish you the very best - it is a car that captured my imagination like the Lancia Stratos or Ferrari 308 GTB of my childhood. On this occasion my head is going to rule my heart but I know that I will have pangs of regret every time I see a Nimbus Grey with black pack out on the roads.......... I may be back in the second hand market one day!!

After much deliberation I've concluded that, despite being an early depositor (7th July 2021), and a promise of a Feb build/March delivery, I am going to withdraw for a number of reasons. The same applies to my order for a Cayman GTS 4.0 that I have had running alongside to hedge my bets.

Both cars deliver on the mid-engined, manual transmission, powerful sports car brief that I was looking for but, at £80K OTR, that is too much of a commitment now that interest rates have increased. It also seems that the expectations that I had for both of these cars in terms of residuals have been reset with the softening in the second-hand car market and the overall cost of ownership starts to look quite challenging for something non-essential. Servicing costs and nearest dealership being a 180 mile round trip are also a consideration. Additionally, being new, neither of these car could happily be pressed into action as a daily driver for me and, for that, I will stick with my Golf R.

I have, however, decided to go ahead with the purchase of a manual Cayman 981S with just 14,000 miles that is effectively half the price of the Emira or GTS 4.0 yet I believe will deliver 80% to 90% of real world driving pleasure - I appreciate that this is a very personal thing. It could also be more readily pressed into daily use if needed as its value is such that this is less of a concern and is covered by the Porsche warranty which I will extend in due course. With sports exhaust it sounds great, it is more compact and should depreciate less albeit only offering me 325 bhp but carrying less weight.

To all of you on the forum that go ahead with the Emira I wish you the very best - it is a car that captured my imagination like the Lancia Stratos or Ferrari 308 GTB of my childhood. On this occasion my head is going to rule my heart but I know that I will have pangs of regret every time I see a Nimbus Grey with black pack out on the roads.......... I may be back in the second hand market one day!!
The market is slowing down, especially over winter. 981s has a nice exhaust note.. enjoy

Good luck. You won't be disappointed with the Cayman. I'd have another 981S or GTS in a heartbeat. They sound incredible and tick a lot of boxes for sub 40k

Good luck. You won't be disappointed with the Cayman. I'd have another 981S or GTS in a heartbeat. They sound incredible and tick a lot of boxes for sub 40k
Everything I've read and watched indicates how well liked they are by everyone who has had or driven one. I was looking at the GTS but they are incredibly hard to find with the right spec so have settled with the S but one with all the right options and low mileage.

Everything I've read and watched indicates how well liked they are by everyone who has had or driven one. I was looking at the GTS but they are incredibly hard to find with the right spec so have settled with the S but one with all the right options and low mileage.
Yup that sums it up as you simply cannot find them for sale anymore. Particularly with a manual box.
Once folk have them they keep them. Only car I regret selling as well

You will enjoy driving the 981S it’s a great car. You won’t be disappointed.
I have a 2015 981 GTS bought new and still love driving it.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back