I'm out - the cancellations thread

I'm in the first FE batch and demo car (single car in green) they ordered will arrive at the same time. I highly doubt it arrives anytime before July.
So basically by that point, I won’t see the car until 2024 if I do decide to spec it out after test drive. Hmm not sure if the car is enough to wait that long. I’ll make a decision in the next few weeks.

What were your main reasons for cancelling and are you getting something else instead or sticking with what you already have?
A few things really. Fell in love with the car at Goodwood but maybe I’d have been better off not lurking here too often. When I went for my test drive I was desensitised to the ‘wow’ factor of its good looks then ended up in a traffic jam for an hour. So no idea how it drives, really.

The wife asking me for its use case didn’t help as I work from home 😂

Put an order in for a Carrera T largely as it probably suits me better as a forever car / last of the ICE etc. It was either that or a 997 GTS but I can’t get my head around the price of those for reasons I won’t go in to here.

Got some insane theory that I will never go electric and will be saved by extended warranties and e fuels for the next 30 years before I snuff it.

A few things really. Fell in love with the car at Goodwood but maybe I’d have been better off not lurking here too often. When I went for my test drive I was desensitised to the ‘wow’ factor of its good looks then ended up in a traffic jam for an hour. So no idea how it drives, really.

The wife asking me for its use case didn’t help as I work from home 😂

Put an order in for a Carrera T largely as it probably suits me better as a forever car / last of the ICE etc. It was either that or a 997 GTS but I can’t get my head around the price of those for reasons I won’t go in to here.

Got some insane theory that I will never go electric and will be saved by extended warranties and e fuels for the next 30 years before I snuff it.
Love the wife challenging the use case, I find myself questioning why I need 4 cars plus the Emira to do around 7k miles a year. Did they say when you may get a 911 T?

Love the wife challenging the use case, I find myself questioning why I need 4 cars plus the Emira to do around 7k miles a year. Did they say when you may get a 911 T?
Yep except I will have 2 cars plus the Emira. So yeah you have to work to justify the purchase..:)

I was a pre-reveal depositor and am still waiting for a car which was supposed to originally delivered in April 22, my beef with Lotus is lack of proper communication/truth from their Customer Service Department.
I too am pre-reveal deposit, my mindset is that the car will turn up one day, Covid, Ukraine and a few other things have delayed it.
That aside, yes communication could have been a lot better along with the organisation of test drives and deposit date order, to be honest, god knows what they were thinking doing it the way they did

Lots of comments on communication, or lack thereof, from Lotus. I don't know why Lotus can't confess and say "we're waiting for part x or part y or z, we're not sure when it'll arrive"... I think that honesty would go a long way towards building and maintaining goodwill... Sure, it would open them up to more questions and maybe more pressure, but that's not a "problem" to "avoid", instead it's a great opportunity to build an even bigger voice and community of loyal support! People will remember what you did for them!

Yea, the wife asking me why too ... I keep deflecting :) I have three other cars but they are all different and unique but she doesn't it view it that way. The delay is actually a good thing as it will be about a year between new cars so buys me a little time to sprinkle magic pixie dust to make her forget ....

Ok, I’m back in the OUT camp, this time for good. I was originally out due to disappointment in performance after initial reviews came out. Then I was back in after a test drive as I really enjoyed driving the car.

I’m out for the final time (just placed a deposit and order for a Z4 roadster) because this will be my daily driver and I‘ve recently had a bad experience with a small foreign manufacturer on my motorbike and I just can’t deal with the concern about reliability, lack of easy service and support that’s almost 2 hours away. Will be requesting my deposit back tomorrow.

It’s just my situation, takes nothing away from the car and it’s a freaking beautiful car that I will be sad not to own, but I just can’t justify the extra 30 grand for less reliability and for types of roads we have down here in the end the potential of the car would be wasted anyway.

Best of luck to everyone here whatever you decide - I’ve really enjoyed learning from many of you with extensive car experiences and am amazed at how many wonderful cars you all own. I’m going back to my more plebian life now! Cheers.

Ok, I’m back in the OUT camp, this time for good. I was originally out due to disappointment in performance after initial reviews came out. Then I was back in after a test drive as I really enjoyed driving the car.

I’m out for the final time (just placed a deposit and order for a Z4 roadster) because this will be my daily driver and I‘ve recently had a bad experience with a small foreign manufacturer on my motorbike and I just can’t deal with the concern about reliability, lack of easy service and support that’s almost 2 hours away. Will be requesting my deposit back tomorrow.

It’s just my situation, takes nothing away from the car and it’s a freaking beautiful car that I will be sad not to own, but I just can’t justify the extra 30 grand for less reliability and for types of roads we have down here in the end the potential of the car would be wasted anyway.

Best of luck to everyone here whatever you decide - I’ve really enjoyed learning from many of you with extensive car experiences and am amazed at how many wonderful cars you all own. I’m going back to my more plebian life now! Cheers.

I certainly know that you were always planning to DD the Emira. You certainly hung in there for a while and provided great content to the forum. Can't go wrong with a Z4!

I wasn't a fan of the early generation Z4 but the new ones are definitely good looking, especially with top down. I don't care for the auto trans but still a nice ride. Enjoy

How do you know it will be less reliable and what does lotus have to do with a motorcycle manufacturer?
I've not seen any evidence so far that indicates it will be unreliable, well at least Harry metcalf picked his up and it made it round a 2.5k miles European road trip, it "may" prove to be unreliable but early signs don't seem to imply ?

Is it purely for your peace of mind based on old lotus?

Have you driven the z4? It's a handsome car, Does it drive better than the Supra? (Hard not too 😄)

How do you know it will be less reliable and what does lotus have to do with a motorcycle manufacturer?
I've not seen any evidence so far that indicates it will be unreliable, well at least Harry metcalf picked his up and it made it round a 2.5k miles European road trip, it "may" prove to be unreliable but early signs don't seem to imply ?

Is it purely for your peace of mind based on old lotus?

Have you driven the z4? It's a handsome car, Does it drive better than the Supra? (Hard not too 😄)
Bmw has been near the high end of reliability since in quality metrics. I’ve had excellent personal experience. The remarks from lotus owners have not been as positive. I understand that things have hopefully changed. But after all the hassle in trying to get parts I’ve come to realize that for me I’m just too conservative to take the leap of faith. I’ve driven the z4 and while the driving dynamics aren’t even close its plenty fast and I’ve never owned a convertible so I’m excited to try. And they are rare around here I’ve only ever seen one so I enjoy having a car that’s not seen everywhere.

Bmw has been near the high end of reliability since in quality metrics. I’ve had excellent personal experience. The remarks from lotus owners have not been as positive. I understand that things have hopefully changed. But after all the hassle in trying to get parts I’ve come to realize that for me I’m just too conservative to take the leap of faith. I’ve driven the z4 and while the driving dynamics aren’t even close its plenty fast and I’ve never owned a convertible so I’m excited to try. And they are rare around here I’ve only ever seen one so I enjoy having a car that’s not seen everywhere.
Must admit now I think about it I've had quite a few bmw over the years, mostly M cars, and can't actually recall a single issue. 🤔

Just came here to drop the slightly sarcastic "911" replies on the cancellations thread screenshot....

BC5A69E2-5652-47C6-B832-4ECB76C1EF86.jpeg

On a serious note: Sad to see you all go. For what it's worth. I've now been doing close to 3000km in my Emira and haven't had any further issues. Still enjoying the driving experience, had a long blast at 150-160mph home over the weekend. The composure and ride quality is really excellent. One little car play hickup when I had two phones synced in the car.

Dealer reaching out after NYE asking if all is well with the car is also a very nice gesture.

My mileage is lower than that! I placed my T deposit last year (sounds good doesn’t it? But it was December….) Every chance I won’t get one from all the speculation around dealers maybe offering the T to stock 922 depositors who have already been waiting for as long as we have with no sign of a car. Hoping for one pre 992.2 in case it is hybrid. May end up with nothing and be at the back of this same queue this time next year 😂. So to bring it back on topic, cancelled, but may well end up back here.

Just came here to drop the slightly sarcastic "911" replies on the cancellations thread screenshot....

View attachment 20836

On a serious note: Sad to see you all go. For what it's worth. I've now been doing close to 3000km in my Emira and haven't had any further issues. Still enjoying the driving experience, had a long blast at 150-160mph home over the weekend. The composure and ride quality is really excellent. One little car play hickup when I had two phones synced in the car.

Dealer reaching out after NYE asking if all is well with the car is also a very nice gesture.
Can you remind us... Did you opt for sports of tour set up?

I love the z4, sure would make my life easier. Tell us your spec

Can you remind us... Did you opt for sports of tour set up?
Mine is tour and I am a big fan of it! More compliant (softer) than an Evora 400 or F-Type S, much more comfortable than a Mini JCW (which is too hard in my opinion). But far from boring. Also impressive grip level for eg. wet roads on the Goodyears.but then again, I am driving on public roads and am not expecting a track weapon. 🙂

After much consideration, analysing my driving needs and expected daily use of the Emira I can’t commit to the checkout email for a January delivery V6. I’ve asked to be transferred to the I4 FE queue which was my original choice before being convinced to get a V6 earlier and will hopefully be placed on that queue, I’ll find out in the next few days.
Someone wil be getting a nimbus, black pack, silver wheels, black leather and red callipers earlier then they anticipated - enjoy.
@Leonard im out but not out out I hope.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back