I'm out - the cancellations thread

I’ve never owned a Lotus so the Emira will (maybe) be my first. I’ve heard driving a Lotus is a raw, visceral and wild experience. So maybe it’s only fitting that Lotus has taken this same route to deal with both it’s customer base and dealer network. If I get nothing more out of my Lotus journey than to experience the passion of this forum’s members then that will suffice. I solute you all on your dedication to the Lotus brand. I only hope Lotus will reciprocate and realize that it’s you people that are truly “the Lotus drivers”.
In North America specifically Canada the Emira is priced between 95-120K (i4-V6). Fully optioned at 120K mind you, at these current prices the only other mid-engine manual sports cars is a 718 Cayman GTS/S. Comparing i4 and it opens the door to the C8 and for a little less money a Supra, M2 etc.

The Emira, compared to what is on offer here in Canada/US will feel visceral and better driving feel than base C8 and 718 S. I prefer it over a GTS 4.0 as well - this is very close IMO. (not GT4/Spyder however) Let's remember we never got access to the more visceral Lotus offerings, apart from a Evora GT. Even the Evora however is extremely rare here and finding out in a spec you like may never happen. Our options are different. Yes, there is hellcats/mustangs/camaro but these drive completely differently from the Emira. In terms of design in and out they are a class below. (Emira drives nothing like a US muscle car BTW....very different)

So I think when we discuss visceral driving feel in the 100K range for a sports car in North America, It is a bit different than our European friends. They have more options in both the new and pre-owned market than we do when it comes to that. Even their pre-owned Aston prices are well below ours. Different markets. Emira will do very very well over here because of that.

So I've had confirmation from Lotus - I had my checkout email before xmas and wanted to be put on the I4 FE queue.

They have told me its a case of take it or leave it. -id have to put a new deposit on an I4 and go to the back of the Q.

I have till tomorrow to decide on receiving my car or getting my deposit back.
Don’t keep us in suspense what have you decided to do …….

So I've had confirmation from Lotus - I had my checkout email before xmas and wanted to be put on the I4 FE queue.

They have told me its a case of take it or leave it. -id have to put a new deposit on an I4 and go to the back of the Q.

I have till tomorrow to decide on receiving my car or getting my deposit back.

Don’t keep us in suspense what have you decided to do …….
Asked for my deposit back before a new credit card was issued. I sat in a 18 month old f type p450 and it looked good and the interior was just excellent, coupled with a 56k price for an 11k miler it seems a no brainer , provided it drives decent which I'll test soon. Plus it can be tuned easily to 600hp.

The new BMW M2 weighs 1730kg... cars are getting heavier, way of the world unfortunately. Manufacturers really should do more here to reverse the weight gain. @TomAce beat me 🙂
Problem is these light cars do not sell. :(

There are only very few who really appreciate this kind of lightness feel. It's for the connaiseurs not for the masses. But I think Emira still transports this light agile feeling as the front weighs less than 600kg. So still for the connaiseurs, but also for the masses. If that makes sense... 🙃

I’m also out. I’ve put a deposit down on a 2020 Vantage. This forum is awesome and the information from owners and TomE has been priceless. My deposit was during Goodwood (11th July) and I sold my M4 on the reasonable assumption the Emira would arrive last summer. I’ve been put back a few times and my latest date was April build with a potential for further delays. I very much doubt the car would have arrived before September. I’ll look again in 2025 at Emiras when the issues have been ironed out. The brake pad issue in another thread was the final straw for me. I’ll keep creeping around the forum and I wish everyone luck with their cars.

Yes the brake pad issue is pushing me towards out again. That’s unacceptably poor. I’ve got a few days left to do the checkout and may just toss a coin next week!!

I’m also out. I’ve put a deposit down on a 2020 Vantage. This forum is awesome and the information from owners and TomE has been priceless. My deposit was during Goodwood (11th July) and I sold my M4 on the reasonable assumption the Emira would arrive last summer. I’ve been put back a few times and my latest date was April build with a potential for further delays. I very much doubt the car would have arrived before September. I’ll look again in 2025 at Emiras when the issues have been ironed out. The brake pad issue in another thread was the final straw for me. I’ll keep creeping around the forum and I wish everyone luck with their cars.
Congratulations on the Vantage gorgeous car 🚗 photos please when you get her …….

I must have missed it.... just read it was seen on another forum so assumed it had not been posted here.....
was also 12.30am here when posted ;)

dangerous to make assumptions on a forum ...

After much deliberation I am out too - not really the 'last hurrah' ICE car for me I have decided.
For similar money a '75' final edition F-Type V8 is very tempting...
Agree the F type is a lot of car for the money. Haven’t seen or heard of a ‘75 final edition is that a Uk or Us car?

I’m also out. I’ve put a deposit down on a 2020 Vantage.
Sweet. Look at this one, for example. Perfect external spec.
More money of course.

F-Type SVR , cheaper..

Both great cars. Good looking too. Sound great. Great road presence.

Attachments

• 3253AA92-7C06-48E8-B4E9-98B1E18B4067.jpeg
    3253AA92-7C06-48E8-B4E9-98B1E18B4067.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 103
More money of course.

F-Type SVR , cheaper..

If it’s of any interest I own a f type 380 amongst other cars so I took it out straight after my Emira test drive which was in my exact spec of sports suspension and Michelin cup 2 tyres . Whilst the f type is so much better appointed inside it’s the way the Emira drives that will leave any f type for dead . The weather was damp slightly wet roads English countryside just before Xmas . I was following a lotus employee who knew the Norfolk roads we were on and I could easily keep up at a fair old pace . The f type wouldn’t be so sure footed especially in those conditions and having driven other more powerful variants apart from the SVR I know that there’s no way the jag would have kept up so easily .

More money of course.

F-Type SVR , cheaper..

Aston is awesome and has been on sale for a while. I’m close to Sevenoaks so think a test needed if I pull the plug . I’m a 14/7/21 deposit with an IPS box to bugger delays for my Emira

More money of course.

F-Type SVR , cheaper..

Really dislike the Aston Martin steering wheels!!!! Looks so old and boring for such a lovely looking car

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back