I'm out - the cancellations thread

I’m also out. I’ve put a deposit down on a 2020 Vantage. This forum is awesome and the information from owners and TomE has been priceless. My deposit was during Goodwood (11th July) and I sold my M4 on the reasonable assumption the Emira would arrive last summer. I’ve been put back a few times and my latest date was April build with a potential for further delays. I very much doubt the car would have arrived before September. I’ll look again in 2025 at Emiras when the issues have been ironed out. The brake pad issue in another thread was the final straw for me. I’ll keep creeping around the forum and I wish everyone luck with their cars.
AM Vantage.... beautiful car. You will certainly enjoy it.

I decided I am out as well I am looking for a different Dealer to order one though closest to WA State
The dealer here although very nice people wants 5K witch I already gave and then a 10K non Refundable deposit when my allocation is ready to build so i am looking for a dealer that will do just the 2500 deposit i really don't care too much about waiting I have a F -150 A new Badlands Bronco and a Jaguar F -type to hold me over

Last edited:
If it’s of any interest I own a f type 380 amongst other cars so I took it out straight after my Emira test drive which was in my exact spec of sports suspension and Michelin cup 2 tyres . Whilst the f type is so much better appointed inside it’s the way the Emira drives that will leave any f type for dead . The weather was damp slightly wet roads English countryside just before Xmas . I was following a lotus employee who knew the Norfolk roads we were on and I could easily keep up at a fair old pace . The f type wouldn’t be so sure footed especially in those conditions and having driven other more powerful variants apart from the SVR I know that there’s no way the jag would have kept up so easily .
Was yours the AWD as the P450 I drove today felt very steady, steering wasn’t as good as the lotus but the power was dramatically better as was the exhaust note in dynamic mode. Stage 1 retune these make 600hp and over 700nm torque.

I decided I am out as well I am looking for a different Dealer to order one though closest to WA State
The dealer here although very nice people wants 5K witch I already gave and then a 10K non Refundable deposit when my allocation is ready to build so i am looking for a dealer that will do just the 2500 deposit i really don't care too much about waiting I have a F -150 A new Badlands Bronco and a Jaguar F -type to hold me over
Yet no pics. Honestly boys and r8 and magma post up your other sleds for crying out loud

Moderator: moved "winter sled" posts to new thread. Now lets get back on topic please...

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno if you want to go this far away but Nikki@EurocarsOC was wonderful to work with. No bs about $5k and/or additional deposit required. And should you decide to pull out they happily credit your $2500 back to your card. Good luck!

Moderator note: part of post copied to different thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet. Look at this one, for example. Perfect external spec.
More money of course.

F-Type SVR , cheaper..

Both great cars. Good looking too. Sound great. Great road presence.
I almost bought a Blue SVR convertible. Was one of the vehicles that made my short list.

Heard back from dealer: if I defer, it will most likely be pushed down the line a few months. Based on what I have read here, it seems like it is more likely end of the line. Not sure which is more correct. Thoughts?

Being pushed to the end of the line is more likely in the UK, as that is what Lotus have said will be their approach if you don't take the car once your spec is locked in. In the US it'll depend on how your dealer decides to handle it.

Afraid I am out too. Test drove the car yesterday at B&C - was waiting to do that for a final decision. Agonised a lot over the weekend.

The car is good - handles well, impressively linear power delivery, the hydraulic steering is lovely. But it did not feel special or epic to me - which was a real disappointment. And the manual gears and hydraulic steering were just not enough to make me want the Emira in addition to my Alpine. And definitely not enough to justify the anxiety about quality issues and post-sales service. Since I am neither an influencer with an active Instagram account not have a VIP-tagged chassis, I dreaded having the car grounded for weeks on end while Lotus took care of me ‘soon’.

I also suspect the repeated delays and lack of communication eroded all the excitement I had about getting my first Lotus.

Let me see if and how they improve and maybe will revisit in a couple of years. Or I may just jump to the Type 135. In the meantime, someone here may get a lovely DV, tan interior, diamond cut Emira in Feb/ Mar instead of me :) - enjoy!

This forum has largely been a lovely group to hear from. A huge shout out to TomE - you truly have wanted Lotus to succeed and being in new converts to the fold. You are truly generous - thank you!

Good luck with your Emiras and enjoy some lovely drives!!! Now, I may check out some Astons but suspect you lot are driving up their prices ;-)

Heard back from dealer: if I defer, it will most likely be pushed down the line a few months. Based on what I have read here, it seems like it is more likely end of the line. Not sure which is more correct. Thoughts?
Yes, this comes down 100% to your dealer and your relationship with them. If you tell them you want a base unit oppose to F/E as them what place in line you would be. That should give you a better idea of when a car would arrive.

Yes, this comes down 100% to your dealer and your relationship with them. If you tell them you want a base unit oppose to F/E as them what place in line you would be. That should give you a better idea of when a car would arrive.
I didn’t make the FE batch so this would be for a base V6. As of now, FE V6 are estimated to be delivered to clients in June. Base might be end of year or early next would be my estimate.

I didn’t make the FE batch so this would be for a base V6. As of now, FE V6 are estimated to be delivered to clients in June. Base might be end of year or early next would be my estimate.
Same boat as you... I don't think we will see any base units delivered this year to North America. If you don't have an F/E, I would suggest leave the deposit as is. No point in deferring, I don't think anyone in USA will be getting an allocation for base V6 anytime soon.

Same boat as you... I don't think we will see any base units delivered this year to North America. If you don't have an F/E, I would suggest leave the deposit as is. No point in deferring, I don't think anyone in USA will be getting an allocation for base V6 anytime soon.
At this point us in NA may just rollover our deposit for the S/GT versions. Which is not necessarily a bad thing

Last edited:
I also suspect the repeated delays and lack of communication eroded all the excitement I had about getting my first Lotus.
That pretty much nails it for a lot of potential customers, myself included. Some of it not Lotus's fault, much of it is.

I saw a posting of a note from Lotus (on "another forum") that stated non-FE car deliveries starting 2024. Haven't seen that here; or I missed it.

So if it's $150K+ are you still in?
I doubt it approaches that number. I'm assuming an inflation adjusted base (reasonably equipped) will be in the $90k range. I'd say the S maybe 100-105 and hardcore one 125k. Above that they enter dangerously into Base/S Porsche territory.

After much consternation, I'm thinking I'll switch mine from FE to Base V6 (manual). Not having seen any pricing on options doesn't help ease my decision.

After much consternation, I'm thinking I'll switch mine from FE to Base V6 (manual). Not having seen any pricing on options doesn't help ease my decision.
So is your dealer allowing you to just walk away from your ordered car and return deposit? Assume so and they will just receive it and sell with ADM I reckon. I thought about going to a base but given the delays already, it will probably be 2yrs until it actually arrives ....and I didn't want it to be 3yrs changing to base.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back