Is it weird I like driving it a lot more than modern 911's?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have had a 997,991, and a tuned 992.1 GTS.

The 992.1 GTS is a complete beast when its going over 120 or so.

But at slow speeds, I hate to say it.. but.. it is.. boring.

Honestly, I dont really get the hype on why enthusiasts love modern 911s.

I LOVE that brand it will always be near and dear to my heart.

But, god, get an Emira, do third-cat delete, eventuri, and rip that f*cker on a fall day with the windows down and theres nothin' like it (as far as I've experienced at least).

Its an epic emotional experience I have not had with a car before.

Maybe a GT3 would be slick, but, everything is so big..

Last edited:
I have found that the 3rd cat delete + eventuri definitely gives it significantly more power. It is still a tad light on power but it definitely gives the car a bump. Much better in 2nd.

I was driving around today in Sport Mode with the driver's window down, and man it sounded good. I noticed above about 50 you start to hear wind buffeting. I put my hand up where the seatbelt comes out behind the driver's seat, and the buffeting stopped. It's the seatbelt. If @GRP or @Aerie could come up with some kind of deflector that could clip onto the receptacle at the top to deflect the wind away, that would do the trick.

We have a 991 now (previously 996) and I feel like the electric power steering has kind of ruined the feel of them since they went to that. Big difference driving them back to back. Also they continue to grow in size too much. Great car but its my wife's that she wanted so the Emira was my choice.

I finally put on my GRP cat delete last night, and wow. The car should have come like this from the factory. It's SO much better at moderate RPM and part throttle, it's wild. Drivability significantly improved.

And the SOUND! 🤤

When I was a kid reading Road & Track, and all the other car magazines, all I focused on was power numbers and performance stats. Now that I can actually drive a car, I completely understand how those numbers are largely irrelevant. It's about how the car makes you feel. I haven't had the privilege to own other high-end sports cars to compare the Emira to, but the Emira makes me feel great every time I drive it! It makes me want to "rip on it" non-stop!

Like I've posted before, sometimes I think to myself, isn't it silly to put that kind of money toward a car. Then I drive it again, and have no regrets!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back